Garden Party 36 advice please

stellinggirl

Mar 22, 2011
Hello,

I have a GP36 in Etoupe, Negonda leather that I've loved for several years and prior to Christmas spotted a GP36 on on the Hermes website in Craie, Country Cowhide leather. I'd never seen that leather but ordered it anyway. When it arrived it was apparent it was much firmer than the Negonda, in fact so much so that the handles wouldn't go over my shoulder (they do on my Etoupe one and thats usually how I wear my bag).

So, my question is......have any of you ever spotted a GP36 in Craie, Negonda on the Euro Hermes site? I'm just wondering how often they appear for sale - I don't browse the site that often so wouldn't know if it a 'common' colour.

I'm also deliberating if I'm going to have a firmer, less 'sloppy' GP, do I look for one in Epsom or does that leather not suit the unstructured look of the GP?

TIA

Hello,

I have a GP36 in Etoupe, Negonda leather that I've loved for several years and prior to Christmas spotted a GP36 on on the Hermes website in Craie, Country Cowhide leather. I'd never seen that leather but ordered it anyway. When it arrived it was apparent it was much firmer than the Negonda, in fact so much so that the handles wouldn't go over my shoulder (they do on my Etoupe one and thats usually how I wear my bag).

So, my question is......have any of you ever spotted a GP36 in Craie, Negonda on the Euro Hermes site? I'm just wondering how often they appear for sale - I don't browse the site that often so wouldn't know if it a 'common' colour.

I'm also deliberating if I'm going to have a firmer, less 'sloppy' GP, do I look for one in Epsom or does that leather not suit the unstructured look of the GP?

TIA
Hi!
If you have a look at the following thread https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-all-leather-garden-party-bags-thread.161431/ , there is lots of information re: different Garden party leathers. I haven't come across craie that often but then again lighter colour Garden party bags are not that difficult to find on the website.

Hi!
If you have a look at the following thread https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-all-leather-garden-party-bags-thread.161431/ , there is lots of information re: different Garden party leathers. I haven't come across craie that often but then again lighter colour Garden party bags are not that difficult to find on the website.
Thank you so much for your reply and for pointing me in the direction of that thread.if I decide to keep this one I’ll post a pic of it alongside my Etoupe one.

Reactions: gypas
Hi, I found a Craie Vache Country GP 36 pre-loved & wondering your opinion of it? Is that the one you have as well?
Jennifer I am SOOOO sorry I didn’t see your question and reply to it before now! I appreciate you’ve probably either bought that bag or loved on from it but I will say I kept the Craie GP and used it a lot last summer (obviously this summer outings have been curtailed!). I didn’t find it too firm and could get it over my shoulder if I was just wearing a t-shirt.

Reactions: CMilly