Gap Ballet Flats

Bumping this thread...

The second time I wore mine, they were much less painful. The elastic does stretch out over time so the little nubby-loop thing on the back doesn't dig into your heel.

^Yes, mine did. It didn't take long. Also, I am a 6.5 and got the 6s. I think getting the size down made the toe less apparent. I also tried the 7s and the toe curled up more and didn't look as good. Right now I am kicking myself for not buying the ivory ones.

this is the only thing that I visit Gap for. their shoes are their best kept secret, in my opinion; I've been buying them (all on sale) since the suede / patent loafers came out two years ago! the cheapest pair I got had been reduced to $13 CAD!
go for it, and get them in every colour when the go on sale (as they inevitably will)!

I swear I love this website! I would have never thought to get gap shoes. It just never would have crossed my mind to go in there (until reading this thread). I just got a brown pair today. I have been wearing them since I got them (a few hours) I am SHOCKED at how comfortable they are. My thought was to wear them and "break them in". They don't need breaking in. They fit my feet perfectly. Love them. Must go back and get black.

Thanks girls!

I bought a pair of gray snakeskin print flats from Gap a few weeks ago. They're super-cute, but I have to disagree with most of you... They're *not* particularly comfortable! Mine pinch my toes, and I even bought a half-size larger than normal...

I bought a pair of gray snakeskin print flats from Gap a few weeks ago. They're super-cute, but I have to disagree with most of you... They're *not* particularly comfortable! Mine pinch my toes, and I even bought a half-size larger than normal...

the ones that folks are talking about in this thread are the ones that are elastic around the foot opening - the ones that you're talking about don't look like they'd be comfy.

several months later, i still love my two pairs and they still look great.

gap shoes are generally a very well kept secret - they're always quite cheap and i have a pair of suede sandals that i bought from them when i worked there in high school that i still wear. the general rule i use, though, is that if they're not comfy as soon as i put them on, they're not going to be. for some reason, most of their shoes don't 'break in' all that much, but at least it makes buying decisions very simple.

I've been wearing mine for a few days. The toebox is fine but the back elastic is really digging in to my foot and it leaves a huge red mark too. It's getting to be quite painful. Anyone have this issue with these flats?

I've been wearing mine for a few days. The toebox is fine but the back elastic is really digging in to my foot and it leaves a huge red mark too. It's getting to be quite painful. Anyone have this issue with these flats?

Yeah, that loop where the leather is doubled up bothers me, but it gets better after a few wearings.