Game of Thrones S8 - The Final Season

it just came to me that what's the point to get unsullied and the dorthrakies....just fly with 3 dragons and burn down the whole KL and be done with it. the whole war on destroying KL didn't require any army's "help". she can be mad all by herself.
ugh.....BAD WRITING, AWEFUL WRITERS
Nothing had any point or purpose... What was the build up of Jon's heritage? What was the point of the night king. Zilch, zero, nada...

Nothing had any point or purpose... What was the build up of Jon's heritage? What was the point of the night king. Zilch, zero, nada...
The point was that it had everyone talking about it for years. It kept up interest in the show for the long periods that it was off the air. Didn't you notice that when it was off, every few months some article would crop up about this or something else? Just all PR ploys. Talk about manipulating the audience.

just watched a YT....it says it's the 2017 leaked (was hacked) version.....
makes so much sense....no plot holes to me...
copied from the comments....the YT was not in english....so i didn't bother to post the link

Ep 1 - Most of episode remain the same. Some changes: Beric and Edd are killed while trying to stall Night King's advance. Euron plans the takeover of Storm's End. Jaime heads north with Bronn and forces loyal to him. Ep 2 - Jon keeps his birthright to himself. Cersi suffers a miscarriage. With Dany under the weather, Tyrion devises a multi-layered defense plan with Tormund, wildlings and Dothrakis meeting the undead army in the field, with two dragons burning the undeads in between, and Vale and North forces at Winterfell. Sansa retreats to the Vale. Meanwhile, Varys informs the group that Euron has taken over Storm's End with the help of the Golden Company. Missandei and Sam discover that Dany is now pregnant. Suddenly under the cover of storm, Night King’s army arrives, after having dispatched the Dothrakis along the way. Drogon, without Dany, was ineffective and killed forces on both sides. Tormund died to the friendly fire, along with half of friendly forces. Bran wargs into Rhaegal and joins the fight. Grey Worm dies in the ensuing battle to defend Winterfell. Just as the undeads breach Winterfell defenses, Jaime and the Lannister army arrive to join the fight. Bran-controlled Rhaegal gets into an aerial tangle with the zombie dragon, sustains significant damage but manages to light up the Night King, who is vulnerable to dragon fire. Injured, the Night King retreats. Meanwhile, the undead generals kill the warging Bran inside Winterfell before retreating with the Night King. Without Bran, Rhaegal falls from sky and perishes. Jon orders all remaining forces to retreat south. Ep 2 ends with Jon and Dany on Drogon burning the dead to prevent them from rising again. Ep 3 – Good guys regroup at Greywater Watch. Jon suggests taking a stand at Eyrie but the discussion is interrupted by a small group of undeads. Victorious, Jon asks Dany, Missandei and Varys along with others to retreat to Dragonstone. Dany kisses Jon goodbye and leaves Drogon with Jon. Elsewhere, Arya and the Hound, separated from the main force, head to King’s Landing. At night, they are jumped by a small group of undeads. The ensuing fight attracts even more undeads. Arya’s wolf and her pack come to the rescue but suffer significant losses. Arya loses the Needle in the struggle. Meanwhile, Euron returns to King’s Landing and demands his reward for taking Storm’s End. Euron and Cersi wed. Back with the main force, Brienne mourns over the loss of Podrick. Jaime consoles her and the two sleep together. Ep 4 – Cersi sends Euron to take back the Iron Islands, which was recovered by Yara back in episode 3, hoping Euron is killed in the fight with his niece. Learning the whereabouts of Dany, Cersi orders the Golden Company to attack Dragonstone. Varys informs Dany of the pending surprise attack. Dany, showing a significant belly, can only hope for Jon’s victory to reinforce her. At this time, Melissandre arrives and tells Dany that to defeat the Night King requires significant sacrifices. She asks for the blood of the unborn royal baby and is screamed out of the castle. Outside, she catches up to Varys and affirms the prophecy he saw in the fire during his childhood. Meanwhile, Jon and his forces are approaching the Eyrie. Tyrion learns from Jaime of the plot to attack Dragonstone and informs Jon. Jon sends Jorah to protect Dany. At Eyrie, Sansa organizes the remaining troops and gets along with Gendry. Meanwhile, Euron fights with Yara and Theon and captures Yara in the process. During the ensuing negotiation, the undead army arrives from under the waves. Yara is able to break free and is saved by Theon. Theon sends her away to Dragonstone while he fights until his last breath, finally killed by Euron. Euron manages to escape from the undead army with only a handful of followers. Ep 5 – This is the final fight with the Night King. The undead army, having recovered a bit, arrives at Eyrie. The zombie dragon is also healed but has lost one eye and a wing. The undead army overwhelms the Eyrie and annihilates the Vale forces. Brienne is mortally wounded in a fight with one of Night King’s generals. Seeing this, Jamie goes into a rage and kills off the undead general. Brienne tells Jamie that he is a man of honor and hopes that he can fulfill her promise of protecting Sansa. Jamie agrees. At this point, good forces are dwindling rapidly but Tyrion remains calm and directs the remaining forces to continue resistance. Cornered by the zombie dragon, Gendry manages to stab the zombie dragon with a dragon glass spear. With the tide turned, Jon, on Drogon, charges back at the undead forces and burns the Night King to a crisp. At Dragonstone, Dany goes into labor, helped by Missandei and Sam. The Golden Company has landed on Dragonstone while the Unsullied fights desperately to protect the castle. Jorah arrives at Dany’s chamber when Dany gives birth to a baby girl and names her Lyanna Targaryen. At this point, the Golden Company breaches the castle. Having lost a lot of blood and dying, Dany asks Missandei and Jorah to look after the baby, and asks Jorah to end her pain. Jorah refuses. Varys steps in and ends Dany’s life with a broken heart. The Golden Company Captain enters Dany’s chamber. Varys informs him that Dany is already dead. The Captain kills off Varys and bring Dany’s corpse back to King’s Landing. Missandei and Jorah, with Varys’s sacrifice, were able to hide with the baby in Dragonstone. Jon and Sansa arrive at Dragonstone. Upon seeing them, Sam emerges with the baby from their secret hideout and informs Jon of what happened. At King’s Landing, Cersi is informed by Qyburn that Dany is dead. She celebrates by drinking a glass of wine, only to find out that she is poisoned. Before she dies, she sees Qyburn tearing down his face to reveal Arya. The Mountain charges at Arya but the Hound arrives for the showdown. Together with Arya’s dire wolf, the Hound manages to light the Mountain’s head on fire, finally killing him. Ep 6 – Mission accomplished, Arya and the Hound head to Dragonstone to join the fight. Euron returns to King’s Landing to find that Cersi's dead. He ascends the throne to become the new king. He hangs Dany’s body on the wall of King’s Landing. Back at Dragonstone, Jamie, learning of Cersi’s death, vows revenge on Euron. At the meeting, Jon’s true identity is finally shared with everyone. He refuses to be the king but is urged on by everyone to do. Sansa, bewildered by his father’s lies, is at a loss. Jon appoints Sansa to be the heir of Winterfell and sends her back. Jon, wearing an armor with both Targaryen and Stark colors, then takes the remaining forces and charges at King’s Landing. The Lannister army leads the initial assault but is squelched by elephant-assisted Golden Company. Jon manages to destroy the Golden Company with Drogon but is grounded in the process from the scorpion arrows. The army enters King’s Landing while Jon tries to hide the injured Drogon in the Dragon’s Keep. Gendry and Yara lead the charge on the Red Keep, looking for Euron. However, Euron has already left to kill the dragon. The Hound, Jamie, Jorah and Bronn see Euron and pursue. Bronn refuses to enter the Dragon’s Keep but the other three do. Euron charges at Jon while he is trying to pull the arrows out of Drogon. Jamie finishes off Euron but he knows this place is too dangerous to stay because of all the wildfires stored there. He tries to get Jon to leave but is blocked off by the remaining Golden Company. The Golden Company attacks by throwing spears. The dying Drogon breathes fire, killing them off, but ignites the wildfires in the process. Jon, Jorah, Jamie and the Hound all perish. Everyone is devastated and Arya decides to leave for Essos. Three years later, Sam is the lord of Riverbend. Gendry is named lord of Storm’s End by Regent Tyrion. Gendry marries Sansa, who rules both the North and the Vale. Tyrion serves as the Regent and marries Missandei. He says that one day Lyanna will become the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms. In the game of thrones, he swears to always be by her side. In the epilogue, Bran’s corpse is carried by one of Night King’s generals back to the north. He stabs Bran’s heart with a dragon glass, who then wakes up as the new Night King.

Reactions: purseinsanity
just watched a YT....it says it's the 2017 leaked (was hacked) version.....
makes so much sense....no plot holes to me...
copied from the comments....the YT was not in english....so i didn't bother to post the link
All good except for Gendry and Sansa together :biggrin:

Can you imagine how much would this version cost?!!

*Sits in my "I liked the finale and Sansa & Bran are fantastic characters" corner*
I also found Daenerys going insane to be a fitting ending for her character. Tyrion was absolutely right in his 'evil men die and we cheer her for it' speech.
Sansa is not useless in a battle, hello- Battle of the Bastards? The Knights of the Vale would not have ridden in if it weren't for her. So that claim makes little sense. Sansa has also led Winterfell during Season 7 in Jon's absense, she is not doing 'nothing.' But I guess because she broke a promise to Jon none of that matters, lol.
You are not alone. I’m satisfied with how it played out, although I do feel it was a bit rushed. ll this “Dany going mad” isn’t a sudden revelation that occurred in season 8, there were quite a few hints, even when she outsmarted the slave-lord using Drogon as trading bait..the after-show commentary by D&D emphasized that while she won and took over the Unsullied, her capacity for cruelty had become very apparent.

I also feel that because I had re-watched S1-7 at least twice before 8 came out, that a lot of the character nuances were fresh in my mind. SO much goes on it’s easy to dismiss it as unimportant, until you look at it again realize that there was a purpose. One of the things that stick in my mind now is the dream-sequence in the tower of the undying...she reached for the Iron Throne but did not actually touch it, knew that she had more work to do and wasn’t ready. In the finale, her actually touching the throne was symbolic to me in that she felt that she had earned it by whatever means necessary, and that was her downfall.

Also, Sansa....there’s a GREAT montage of the interplay between her and Arya...very well put together (long though):

I watched the HBO special "The Last Watch" about the filming of the final season. It was interesting. Obviously we know the work is extensive..but the one EP to me just came off as so smug.. "We've made this series so big that we can't go any bigger..so we have to end it"
They also showed the decoy actors they flew in for the last scenes in Spain to try to keep the ending a secret.
Some of the behind the scenes with the extras, snow and make up teams were cool.

I watched the HBO special "The Last Watch" about the filming of the final season. It was interesting. Obviously we know the work is extensive..but the one EP to me just came off as so smug.. "We've made this series so big that we can't go any bigger..so we have to end it"
They also showed the decoy actors they flew in for the last scenes in Spain to try to keep the ending a secret.
Some of the behind the scenes with the extras, snow and make up teams were cool.

I saw it too, it was interesting. The weather was pretty awful in Belfast!