Game of Thrones Prequel: House of the Dragon on HBO

Totally agree, I knew it was coming so I left the room once I saw Vhagar's shadow over Arrax. More because I felt bad for Arrax (I know it's CGI but I'm very soft when it comes to animals!)... you know series 2 is going to be all out war.
Hahaha. I'm very soft when it comes to animals too. I mean there was no way Lucerys and his dragon could have escaped. Painful to watch.

If I were Rhaenyra, I would never have sent my boy to deliver the message to Lord Borro's from Storm's End. Even if he is considered a good and honorable man. Too many things could have happened on the trip.

Personalities never change. Otto's always power hungry. Alicent's always manipulative. Daemon's always a little perverted and violent, and Aemond's never lets things go even if he's in the wrong. (Remember: when they were all children, Aemond was the one fighting Jacerys and and Lucerys came out defending his brother, accidentally took out Aemond's eyes).

Now we get civil war.

~~~
What are you all watching next?
I think White Lotus is coming back soon

I'm probably in the minority here and I know the name of the show contains "Dragons" but I feel like in GOT there was a lot less dragons and when they did show up it had an impact....the dragons were kinda heroic for me. this show has too many dragons and that ending last night was really hard to watch.

Totally agree, I knew it was coming so I left the room once I saw Vhagar's shadow over Arrax. More because I felt bad for Arrax (I know it's CGI but I'm very soft when it comes to animals!)... you know series 2 is going to be all out war.
Me too, I can't watch anything that harms animals even if its fake. I quit watching interview with a Vampire because of all the animal killing.:tdown:

I'm going to take a stab at this.
Corlys went out to sea for years fighting battles after his 2 children died, leaving his miserable wife grieving and holding down the fort.

During his absence, Rhaenys observes Alicent, Aegon, and Rhaenys closely, and realizes that Rhaenyra has the most in common with her (meaning that they both desire peace and prosperity for their subjects, rather than personal power/ greed). Both the husband and wife also come to the conclusion that they will never be on the Iron Throne, so it's best to side with one who possesses kind/ just leadership. And that's Rhaenyra. So they become the bigger person, and go and pledge their allegiance to Rhaenyra.
Yes, I reached the same conclusion, but I think any further discussion the two had ended up on the cutting room floor. It just seemed as if Corlys went from one stated opinion to another and we didn't see the thought process.

I have not read the books, but I did see it written on another site that Corlys is going to come up with a great big surprise. He is going to produce 2 more children that he had with another woman or claim that he son did. They could be his, but he thinks it is more politically correct not to insult his wife by claiming them as his own. If this is true, then it certainly changes the future of his House.

I got to the part where the dragon was leaving Storm’s End during that thunderstorm and realized a creature and young rider (at the very least) were probably not going to make it home. I had to bail.
Daemon is a rat. I can’t stand him. His choking his wife verified my suspicion that he was using her to get to the Iron Throne. I think he’s fully capable of murdering anyone who interrupts his end game. Not sure what his ultimate end game is, but I think he’s evil.

I got to the part where the dragon was leaving Storm’s End during that thunderstorm and realized a creature and young rider (at the very least) were probably not going to make it home. I had to bail.
Daemon is a rat. I can’t stand him. His choking his wife verified my suspicion that he was using her to get to the Iron Throne. I think he’s fully capable of murdering anyone who interrupts his end game. Not sure what his ultimate end game is, but I think he’s evil.
how about when she was in labor with the dead baby screaming her head off and he was busy with his strategy - paid no attention

• Angry
Reactions: SWlife and WingNut
Me too, I can't watch anything that harms animals even if its fake. I quit watching interview with a Vampire because of all the animal killing.:tdown:
I watched the first episode and noped out- the characters didn't do it for me, I didn't even get to the animal killing parts (thank goodness).

@Grande Latte I've gotten hooked by Gangs of London (crazy violent but lots of intrigue and family fighting).

Reactions: Grande Latte
I watched the first episode and noped out- the characters didn't do it for me, I didn't even get to the animal killing parts (thank goodness).

@Grande Latte I've gotten hooked by Gangs of London (crazy violent but lots of intrigue and family fighting).
IWTV is leaving me cold, the only character/actor I like is the journalist. I never liked Claudia in the book or the movie and I like her even less here. I watch it as filler I guess.

Waiting for White Lotus--Bring me more nutty Jennifer Coolidge please! (I do hope they keep the same opening music, it was so tropical and sort of off-putting.)

Reactions: LOUIE13
Interview with the director of the finale on vulture.com . Not sure if there are any spoilers so beware if you haven't watched the finale.