Galliera Tarnish Stains...help...

It is normal as far as I know- it happens where the hardware is touching the leather because of some kind of oxidation on the metal, or simply dirt- try a magic eraser or a normal white eraser. I do not think that it has anything to do with the quality of the bag. I have it on my baggy, speedy, Noe and some other bags.

Oh NOooo!!! :wtf:
I never gave any thought that the brass hardware would totally scuff the vachetta areas of the Galliera !! What makes it worse is that the vachetta areas are pretty much the focal points of the bag--everyone will see the scuffs...:tdown:

THANKS guys.... I just called my SA who sold me that purse... and all she said was that the scuffings will eventually blend as the vachetta develops to a darker shade...... ok so that somehow made me feel better but... I still get annoyed everytime I see the marks of the brass hardware to the vachetta areas......still thinking.........I did not use it today went back to my very reliable speedy....

THANKS guys.... I just called my SA who sold me that purse... and all she said was that the scuffings will eventually blend as the vachetta develops to a darker shade...... ok so that somehow made me feel better but... I still get annoyed everytime I see the marks of the brass hardware to the vachetta areas......still thinking.........I did not use it today went back to my very reliable speedy....
Good! :tup:

Unfortunately oxidization of metal is a natural process and therefore is not a defect or quality problem. A lot of my bags had that tarnishing, it's really small and is no big deal anyway :shrugs:

Aww...it sucks to hear you went back to your speedy! The galleria looks awesome though!! I find that the staedler white erasers really work though. Takes only a few minutes...almost feels like I'm back in preschool erasing black marks off my books.. LOL

That stinks that the oxidation happens, but I guess it's inevitable. I just ordered two of the white staedtler erasers from eBay and I'll just touch up the bag every so often! :yes: