Funny Things Overheard About Coach!

I've never bought a MFF wristlet. There's a dot on the tag? Interesting to know.

One day I commented on a bag a lady was wearing. "Wow that's a gorgeous mini tanner!" "What?" "I said your tanner is beautiful!" "Oh! This? This is a Coach." "Oh... oh yeah, I mean to say your Coach is beautiful..."

She was probably thinking "What' a tanner? How dare she call my Coach bag funny names!" :biggrin:

At the link below you can see a picture of the dot on the "made in ..." tag inside of small MFF items that don't have a creed patch:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...-grades-and-markings-738785.html#post21348090

But now they are using the clear plastic "made in" tags that have the dot printed on them, not stitched, so I will have to take a new picture soon!

She was probably thinking "What' a tanner? How dare she call my Coach bag funny names!" :biggrin:

At the link below you can see a picture of the dot on the "made in ..." tag inside of small MFF items that don't have a creed patch:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...-grades-and-markings-738785.html#post21348090

But now they are using the clear plastic "made in" tags that have the dot printed on them, not stitched, so I will have to take a new picture soon!

LOL should have just said, "Your bag is beautiful!"

Thanks for the link yeah I read that FAQ when I first found this forum. And that was one piece of info that didn't stick, when I turned all my attention to the deletes from the 2012 fall legacy line.

Last year, I was considering a Phoebe but didn't get it right away. Saw a woman with a camel Phoebe and fell in love with how it looked. Here's the conversation...
"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."
"Yes, I know, your Coach Phoebe. I have been thinking of getting one."
"Well, I don't know that Phoebe brand, but the Coach bags are great."
"Um...yes, I am a Coach fan too. What do you think about that particular bag? Any feedback you can share with me?"
"This is my favorite bag ever. You should get one. It is a great bag, I'm sure you will like it as much as that Phoebe bag you are considering."

Last year, I was considering a Phoebe but didn't get it right away. Saw a woman with a camel Phoebe and fell in love with how it looked. Here's the conversation...
"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."
"Um...yes, I am a Coach fan too. What do you think about that particular bag? Any feedback you can share with me?"
"This is my favorite bag ever. You should get one. It is a great bag, I'm sure you will like it as much as that Phoebe bag you are considering."
lol! :lol:

"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."

One of the examples of why when I meet a stranger who really knows Coach, I get very excited and will talk their head off! :lol:

"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."

Haha! Yeah I almost told a lady that I loved her "Caroline" but, since I'm so new at learning the newer bags, I just settled on telling her bag was gorgeous. She said thank you. But, I'm also a bit intimidated that if we're to use the proper name and got it wrong to a coachie tpf'r... at least I know the tpf'r would be understanding that at least I tried! Haha!

funniest thing happened yesterday. i was over at the men's side, which is a completely separate store from the women's (albeit next door to each other)

this guy picks out this MFF looking men's bag, it kinda looks like the image i attached.

i over hear the guy say to the SA how this bag is for his aunt. luckily, the SA proceeds to inform the guy that this is the men's store, not the ladies, and that the ladies store is next door.

the guy stares in disbelief, and goes "THIS is a MEN'S purse???" he looks around the store for an audience and repeats again "This is a MAN PURSE?!"

he ended up not buying it and looking around the store some more.

just thought it was hilarious he didn't realize the men's store was the men's store...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 445
funniest thing happened yesterday. i was over at the men's side, which is a completely separate store from the women's (albeit next door to each other)

this guy picks out this MFF looking men's bag, it kinda looks like the image i attached.

i over hear the guy say to the SA how this bag is for his aunt. luckily, the SA proceeds to inform the guy that this is the men's store, not the ladies, and that the ladies store is next door.

the guy stares in disbelief, and goes "THIS is a MEN'S purse???" he looks around the store for an audience and repeats again "This is a MAN PURSE?!"

he ended up not buying it and looking around the store some more.

just thought it was hilarious he didn't realize the men's store was the men's store...

:roflmfao:

"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."

Lol! That's hilarious! Reminds me of the time when I told a lady at the nail salon, "I love your Sophia." And she said, "who's Sophia?"Haha! I didn't even bother explaining.

I always used to get annoyed at my sister for not knowing her coach bags' names. She didn't see why she needed to know them & I told her she has to know their names bc they're like her children! ;)

"I love your Phoebe!"
"This is a Coach."

SMH! some people just dont get it? LOL :lol:

In high school (08 grad), the girls who walked around with fake LV/ Chanel bags would say "coach bags are for old ladies."

Laughable!

OMG .... its so weird!! my lil sister is 16 and when she was 15 i noticed that she was carrying my moms glam tote that i bought my mom for mothers day.....so i went out and got my sister a siggy/pink trim hobo crossbody bag for her for getting good grades.......turned out she didnt LIKE IT!! said that people at school would make fun of her "old lady bag"........i was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! you crAzy!!" then i took her shopping and she wanted me to buy her a $400 all leather FOSSIL bag! bahahahaha she LOVES my cognac Rory and begs for it all the time lol.....i just got her a cheapo $25 JCP bag instead that she really likes and has beaten up to crap b/c of all her school books:lol::lol:

old lady bag!! .................my hubby calls my Rory "an old lady bag" i just hit him with it:lol: he then tried calling my fuchsia Molly "an old lady bag" but then he stopped and said "well....its hot pink so its kinda cool" :biggrin::lol:

OMG .... its so weird!! my lil sister is 16 and when she was 15 i noticed that she was carrying my moms glam tote that i bought my mom for mothers day.....so i went out and got my sister a siggy/pink trim hobo crossbody bag for her for getting good grades.......turned out she didnt LIKE IT!! said that people at school would make fun of her "old lady bag"........i was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! you crAzy!!" then i took her shopping and she wanted me to buy her a $400 all leather FOSSIL bag! bahahahaha she LOVES my cognac Rory and begs for it all the time lol.....i just got her a cheapo $25 JCP bag instead that she really likes and has beaten up to crap b/c of all her school books:lol::lol:

old lady bag!! .................my hubby calls my Rory "an old lady bag" i just hit him with it:lol: he then tried calling my fuchsia Molly "an old lady bag" but then he stopped and said "well....its hot pink so its kinda cool" :biggrin::lol:

My hubby called my Coach bags old lady bags all the time. Then he found a BN men's wallet at a thrift store for like $8 and thus far it's lasted 5 years. He now says they're old lady purses because women buy them in their 20's and they're still being used when they're 80 because they're so well made.

Omg! That's as bad as my hubby referring to my floral Maggie as my "carpet bag". I had to look up what a carpet bag was. I just shook my head and laughed. He will never get it.

My mother doesn't call Coach bags "old lady" being of golden age herself but she has called a few styles "very old-fashioned" or even "your grandmother's bags" such as the Sadie. She's very supportive of my hobby but there are just some styles she and I don't see eye to eye. Sadie(ly) that was one of them :amuse: