Funny BV Stories / Happenings

This thread is so funny! I loved it!

Like Tegan, I started off with Coach as well and moved my way up in no time. I'm sure she'll realized it someday and I hope she would remember this incident and have a good laugh. But yeah, I would never ask someone to put her bag down on the floor so I can use the chair for my bag! I think she could have asked to share the chair.

Longchamp, I am sorry to hear about the robbery and feel very guilty that I laughed at your story. But I am glad no one was harmed and that you could share it with us in such a humourous way. Your hb comment at the end was priceless.

Not funny but I have been complimented on my Crimson French short wallet twice. Both times by the cashier. It felt good. The first one was my local Singapore Cashier and she knew BV. The second was in London. She asked what brand it was and I told her the name and said there are boutiques on Sloane St. and Bond St. if she's interested and she replied that it must be really expensive.

I feel like most people don't recognize BVs? On numerous occasions, people have complimented my Montaigne but they'll always say, "What is that?" A friend of mine once asked if it was Fendi.

There was one time, I was taking a picture and I asked if my friend could hold my Montaigne for me. For some reason, he thought it would be funny to throw my bag. It landed smack on the asphalt... I almost cried! Luckily, there was no harm done.

I understand if it was not their bag and they don't recognise it. But how could it be possible to be carrying the bag and not know what it was? Unless the bags were gifts? But I don't understand why anyone would gift them such purses if they weren't fans of the brand or at least have heard about the brand.

Just to share my humble story. During last time when I first enter a BV boutique, I am shock to see that the price of these woven bags are sooo ex! My thinking is that who would be sooo stupid to spend so much on a bag which got imitation and look-alike everywhere plus nobody knows the brand? I would rather buy 2 LV bags. I thought BV is a brand that I will never touch. This brand is so discreet, I can't tell a BV from a Mphosis look-alike bag. As times goes by, For unknown reasons, maybe I have upgraded, I began to explore BV and come to TPF and read up more. Eventually, I become that "stupid" person whom i described :biggrin: So, never say never :nuts:

Just to share my humble story. During last time when I first enter a BV boutique, I am shock to see that the price of these woven bags are sooo ex! My thinking is that who would be sooo stupid to spend so much on a bag which got imitation and look-alike everywhere plus nobody knows the brand? I would rather buy 2 LV bags. I thought BV is a brand that I will never touch. This brand is so discreet, I can't tell a BV from a Mphosis look-alike bag. As times goes by, For unknown reasons, maybe I have upgraded, I began to explore BV and come to TPF and read up more. Eventually, I become that "stupid" person whom i described :biggrin: So, never say never :nuts:

you are not alone :blush:
haven't "upgrade" myself to BV owner YET, but it will be one of THE bag, enjoying everyone stories.

Haha...your taste has become more discerning. I am sure as you now can tell, just by sight, don't even have to touch, that there is ALOT of difference between a Mphosis non-leather woven bag and a real BV nappa woven bag ;)

I just thought I would share this with you as it seemed such an appropriate time of the year.

I received an email from my local area charity that they were still in need of toys and warm clothes for almost 3,000 children. So off I went today to get additional toys and warm clothing that I could drop off later today. As I was leaving the store there was a Salvation Army bucket so as I was reaching in my bag to grab some money to put in the bucket the lady says cool bag, you should put that in. Now this is the first time anyway has commented on my bag and I have no idea if she knew what brand it was or how much it costs but it stopped me in my tracks because it just made me realize how truly fortunate I am to be in a position to afford some of the nicer things and that even though I can't help everyone, that I was hopefully able to provide something to someone out there truly in need. It made me take a step back and remember what the holiday season is all about!!

Happy Holidays to you all!!

It is always good to help others at this time of year and all year round when we can but I can't explain exactly what I'm feeling but reading that comment put a knot in my stomach. Maybe it's guilt for being so fortunate.

Happy Holidays everyone :heart:

Thanks, for sharing your story..I agree BL and Miss FB, we are very fortunate, not only to carry beautiful bags, but to to have a lot of extras life has brought us..The story made me stop and count my blessings..I hope 2011 will bring happiness to all..:xtree:

Love all your stories (well except yours LC)
A woman walked in with a ebano veneta on her shoulder. I was so excited to see the bag I immediately went up to her and told her I liked her Bottega. She looked at me like I was from outer space.
You reckon some people just buy bags/watches because they like what they see, not caring about the brand? Also, they could have bought the bags for the functionality and don't understand how someone like us can care so much as to compliment it. Just my guess anyway.

I too will not get someone to put their bags, even shopping bags, on the floor so that *I* can put mine on the chair. Preposterous.

^ I think that based on the rest of her story (the woman moving away), some people just do not like any attention brought to their bags. Maybe she thought sbelle was a stalker. Hehe sbelle, I just had to tease you a little!:winkiss: