Funny BV Stories / Happenings

OMG!! these stories are so funny.
My Dad bought me my large belly Veneta before he died. He knew he wouldn't make it my birthday. He didn't have false teeth but when I told him the price his teeth almost fell out of his head. It was like the cartoon you know where the eyes bug out and the tongue rolls out and back. Anyway after I bought the bag and brought it to show it to him. He said "I can't believe I paid all that money for a handbag. You better carry it until your dead" I thought this was funny because my mother always wore St.John suits. I guess she hid the price tag. My parents were of the old school and paid cash for everything. No credit cards. So she must have not told him how much her suits cost.
I am still carrying the bag and loving it. My Dad died a month before my birthday.
The bag is now a bitter sweet thing to me. But I still love it.
Very nice story, it's great that he got to see you carry the gift he gave you!

Love these stories!!! SS - your Belly story is so touching.

Miss FB - that poor woman would need something more than a facial if she knew how much a Cabat costs!!!!

LT - don't worry about your bags unless I am the robber.

Fun thread to read. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Thanks for all the support. I was at work, late as usual and came home to ransacked house

They took every electronic device--cameras, TV, DVD players, computers, laptops, kindle, etc. They took every non costume piece of jewelry and found pieces that weren't put away where they should have been.

They took two purses, but only because they were downstairs and had some stuff in them and I'm guessing they thought something valuable might be in them.

They took luggage to carry out the loot and the worst....3 coffee cans of quarters that I was collecting for my nieces.

Everything was insured except two pieces and your homeowners only insures up to 200dollars in cash.

Mabel was not at home at the time, which turned out to be a good thing. I was one of several robberies in the neighborhood of which I was clueless. They killed two dogs when they got into other homes....take my stuff, thank goodness my dog is okay. Was devastated when I heard about my neighbor's pets.

I don't have a funny story to share but I too have been in situations where friends are raving about their new bags, Coach, LV, Burberry and encouraging me to "upgrade". Longchamp, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Love all your stories (well except yours LC). SS -- I don't think I would ever get rid of your belly bag. In a way it keeps your dad close to you.

I posted this story in the BV sightings thread, but Jburgh--it fits here too! I was in a high end jewelry store in the biggest city nearby (which is still pretty small by city standards).

A woman walked in with a ebano veneta on her shoulder. I was so excited to see the bag I immediately went up to her and told her I liked her Bottega.
She looked at me like I was from outer space.

I thought if I kept talking she would understand that I was being nice and complimenting her bag. As I kept babbling, she started stepping back from me. She had a pained smile on her face and nodded at me, but never said a word. It was clear she was trying to get away from me so I took the hint and left her alone.

Love all your stories (well except yours LC). SS -- I don't think I would ever get rid of your belly bag. In a way it keeps your dad close to you.

I posted this story in the BV sightings thread, but Jburgh--it fits here too! I was in a high end jewelry store in the biggest city nearby (which is still pretty small by city standards).

A woman walked in with a ebano veneta on her shoulder. I was so excited to see the bag I immediately went up to her and told her I liked her Bottega.
She looked at me like I was from outer space.

I thought if I kept talking she would understand that I was being nice and complimenting her bag. As I kept babbling, she started stepping back from me. She had a pained smile on her face and nodded at me, but never said a word. It was clear she was trying to get away from me so I took the hint and left her alone.

How weird. I have often complimented people wearing BV's(and other bags, too) and I always appreciate a compliment, too. Maybe she didn't know what she was carrying???

aww longchamps I am glad no one was home was you were robbed.
I am sorry that you were robbed
that feeling of violation stays with you a long time
I hope your ok

sbelle sorry she thought you were nuts LOL it happens
I am always complimenting people on their bags
not just BV but Channel and Prada and they look at me like I am nuts
although I have neer told anyone I liked their LV because I never know if they are real or the chinatown kind LOL

Longchamp, I'm sorry to read about your house burglary. How upsetting.

In the vein of some of the other stories, I was carrying my orchid Cabat while shopping for lipstick. The salesperson gushed with compliments about my bag, and then she asked, "Is it leather?" :huh: After reading jburgh's story, I do wonder why it is that our exquisite leather pieces somehow don't look like leather to those who don't know BV.

Longchamp, I'm sorry to read about your house burglary. How upsetting.

In the vein of some of the other stories, I was carrying my orchid Cabat while shopping for lipstick. The salesperson gushed with compliments about my bag, and then she asked, "Is it leather?" :huh: After reading jburgh's story, I do wonder why it is that our exquisite leather pieces somehow don't look like leather to those who don't know BV.

:roflmfao: I hope she didn't think your orchid beauty looked anything similar to that woven pink/purple tote that was free with a makeup purchase a while back!!!