Frustrated with the Speedy 30

I have a strap for my mono 30....I don't use it often, but it can be a life saver for me. I keep it in my purse at all times, and only use it when needed. It is your purse, and you should love it, if you need a strap and like it, use and wear it well!!!

I have the strap for my Speedy, and I use it when necessary. I usually keep it inside the bag and pull it out when I want to use it. That way I always have it on hand.

If LV would just change the hardware on the speedy handles to d-rings (like on the Alma), then you could easily attach a strap to the speedy and then the strap would not rub against the handles. But, no, LV would never do this.... When I special ordered my Damier Speedy 25 a few years ago, I ask for d-rings, but was told that LV wouldn't do it! I use my strap probably more than I handhold the Speedy and I love it. I like to keep my hands free and the strap is also good when you want to hang up the Speedy in a public bathroom stall.

I've seen the speedy with the strap - I didn't like it. If there was a way to attach straps on the ends of the bag (which isn't possible at all), I think it would look a lot better and would distribute the weight of the bag well. But because this isn't possible...I don't own the speedy.

I disagree..... the straps are very useful when you have to carry lots of stuff. I'm in my 30's and hopefully that's not too "old lady-ish"! :smile: But, hey, whatever works best for the person carrying the Speedy. I really like having the strap. I also use the strap for the Deauville but at least the Deauville has the d-rings which are meant to hook straps to it without rubbing up against the handles. Ciao!

strap looks (excuse the political incorrectness) very old lady - ish. (not in that classic/classy way some of the ladies on this board know how to do it)