Frustrated with the Speedy 30

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got a Speedy 30 from Saks in Naples, FL. It was a gift from my g-ma. I wanted to know how you all carry your Speedy. I usually carry it on my arm but I was wondering if anyone has bought the monogrammed strap or not. Does it look weird? I was thinking of getting on for x-mas. Just wanted to see what ya'll were doing :smile:

*Trish*

2. I either hand-carry or wear my speedy on the crook of my arm. The strap is doable, I just don't see it often and am not personally fascinated by it.

3. I carry my mono speedy on my arm, but with my damier speedy and the different handles I carry it in my hands sometime.

4. Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I was just thinking of starting a poll on it.

5. I would love it if the handles were just a little bigger. I've even emailed LV and asked then to put different handles on it:nuts: ...I don't want to sell it b/c my g-ma gave it to me as a gift and she isn't doing well. It's kind of a sentimental thing. But I don't want to dislike the bag....

6. I usually carry it in my hand... because if I carry it in the crook of my arm, it tends to bump into everything and everyone else.

I don't really like the strap... It makes the bag look kind of funny.

7. I have 3 Speedies (30 Mono, 25 Damier, 30 Damier) and have straps: adjustable brown strap for Damiers, and a Vachetta strap (not adjustable) and a Mono adjustable strap that I bought for my Deauville but can also use with the Mono Speedy. I think the straps are very useful and always leave them attached to my bags. Especially comes in handy when you are in a public restroom and don't want to put your bag down anywhere!

8. Yeah, GROSS! The germs and bacteria you can pick up off the floor of a public restroom or restaurant is horrendous.

9. :wtf: Changing the handles on an iconic bag??!??! That would look sooo weird!!!

10. agree with you on this one:yes:

11. Haha so maybe the strap would look kind of weird but I wish that it had straps like the lockit...oh well...

12. i'm not a big fam of straps so it's a no-go for me :smile:

13. I don't like it personally with the strap either. I can see where it would be useful, but it just doesn't look quite right to me.

14. I agree - I just don't like the strap :sad:

15. I think the strap looks weird, too. This is why I haven't bought a Speedy yet. I tend to throw every bag on my shoulder, and I think it would drive me nuts.