Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
I’m happy to report that my trip wardrobe worked perfectly. I kept vascillating between take/don’t take the B right until the evening before. I packed my passport holder and wallet essentials, plus scarf etc. in the B. Then I realized I would need a second bag to carry my water bottle, jacket, flight shawl etc. So I went back to my trusty zipped Gucci black leather holdall. Still ended up needing a second bag for the extras anyway as I had my C jacket to transport. So I could have taken the B. It would have been fine/UTR at the day sessions as well. I don’t think anyone is into higher end fashion enough to recognize it.

Between my H silk dresses and scarves/shawls, C dresses, cardigans and jackets as well as associated jewelry and bags, I used everything in my suitcase except for one spare outfit.

The conference rooms were freezing, and so were some of the evening venues so the cardi/jacket/shawl layers worked well.

I took a couple of pairs of ankle strap pumps and my rock studs for the gala.

Sneakers came in handy on the tradeshow day. As did the fancy massage chairs at one very popular booth.

The B would have been too painful for tradeshow. I brought back about 15lbs of materials and samples. A WOC is now on my radar for hands free, lightweight, minimal content use - phone, Lippy, cash/cc etc.

Plus we won an award! And made some great connections and new contacts. So I’m quite pleased.

Some of my day and evening outfits...

Attachments

• F7294932-5718-4B16-85D4-B95657587F36.jpeg
    F7294932-5718-4B16-85D4-B95657587F36.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 365
  • D07E37E6-5B28-4CC2-B180-E71B92A29058.jpeg
    D07E37E6-5B28-4CC2-B180-E71B92A29058.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 364
  • 2D7E230A-B820-4F19-BD6D-33B47729445A.jpeg
    2D7E230A-B820-4F19-BD6D-33B47729445A.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 362
Interesting discussion.

Genie - as an ex-lawyer at a high end law firm I can assure you that no one is paying attention to your clothes. One, so much is done by email these days and rare is it when you actually interact in person. Two, my female lawyer ex-colleagues were terrible dressers and cared little about clothes. Including those who make 7 figure incomes. Same with my female bankers. I find in the professional world people take their wealth and spend not on luxury labels but on big homes in tony neighbourhoods, multiple homes, private schools and clubs and fancy cars and trips. In the exclusive private schools that my kids attend, Hermes is everywhere - someone mentioned exotics are visible and I agree. You can go nuts and wear whatever you want for pick up and drop off. Maybe it is the difference between work moms and stay at home moms. I don’t know why but at school is really the only time I see lots of luxury labels. I’m pretty discrete about my clothes and purses at work because but it almost doesn’t matter as my colleagues are pretty unaware about fashion. If anything, people asking in casual conversation about where I live or what I am doing for the weekend (because I do have multiple homes) is a bigger marker than the clothes I wear or purse I carry. And as much as I love my Hermes, I love luxury travel even more :smile:.

That is so true! School mums go crazy [emoji4]
I was once approached by a mum at a UK private school and the woman said that I qualified as their mum. When I asked what I was doing right, she said “you have the right bags” :smile:)

Genie, I love your jackets, especially the first one. Looks amazing on you!

Last edited:
I’m happy to report that my trip wardrobe worked perfectly. I kept vascillating between take/don’t take the B right until the evening before. I packed my passport holder and wallet essentials, plus scarf etc. in the B. Then I realized I would need a second bag to carry my water bottle, jacket, flight shawl etc. So I went back to my trusty zipped Gucci black leather holdall. Still ended up needing a second bag for the extras anyway as I had my C jacket to transport. So I could have taken the B. It would have been fine/UTR at the day sessions as well. I don’t think anyone is into higher end fashion enough to recognize it.

Between my H silk dresses and scarves/shawls, C dresses, cardigans and jackets as well as associated jewelry and bags, I used everything in my suitcase except for one spare outfit.

The conference rooms were freezing, and so were some of the evening venues so the cardi/jacket/shawl layers worked well.

Sneakers came in handy on the tradeshow day. As did the fancy massage chairs at one very popular booth.

The B would have been too painful for tradeshow. I brought back about 15lbs of materials and samples. A WOC is now on my radar for hands free, lightweight, minimal content use - phone, Lippy, cash/cc etc.

Plus we won an award! And made some great connections and new contacts. So I’m quite pleased.

You look amazing in all of the outfits! So glad you decided to keep the black jacket. It’s perfect for you. Did you layer a top over one of your Hermes silk dresses on one of the photos? Brilliant.

Glad the conference went so well. Congrats on your award.

Reactions: Genie27

Wow - you got a lot of variety out of your items. Very well chosen!!

Reactions: scarf1 and Genie27

The black byzance is perfection on you!

Loved seeing all your outfits! Well done!

Each and every outfit looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Inspirational.

@Genie27 - overall a very successful trip then, congrats! :flowers:

Genie, I love your jackets, especially the first one. Looks amazing on you!

You look amazing in all of the outfits! So glad you decided to keep the black jacket. It’s perfect for you. Did you layer a top over one of your Hermes silk dresses on one of the photos?

Wow - you got a lot of variety out of your items. Very well chosen!!

The black byzance is perfection on you!

Loved seeing all your outfits! Well done!
Thank you all! Yes, I decided to keep the black byzance and try to find the button. I searched TRR for alternates jackets, but I couldn't find a price/condition/style/size that worked as well as this one. (well, I paid too much for a missing-button jacket, but it may be replaceable).

It took a while to sort a weather-appropriate list of items - it was colder than I had hoped, so I saved the silk dress for the warmer day and the chunkier knits for colder days.

@EmileH I wore the silk dress on it's own with the Byzance jacket and tights. I do have a couple of layering pieces that I could wear over or under the dress to get more cold-seasonal use from it but I have to watch the static.

Reactions: EmileH