Freedom!

I agree.

I found it funny because I have had teaches just like this and worse. I had a teacher that fell asleep at the desk!!! She would go to make "photocopies" and never come back to class! I WISH we would've had a video camera back then. Students complaints didn't work (yes some of us actually wanted to learn) Parents complaints didn't work ( the teacher was given "warnings") So maybe some ridicule would have woke her ass (and the school) up.

Let me explain something to you as it seems that you have absolutely no concept of the education system and how it works. Yes, I agree that there are many individuals who should not be teachers and are not cut out for this kind of work. However, it is not up to you or any other student to decide this. Parent complaints DO work. However, a person cannot be fired from their job because one parent complained. Whether you like to believe it or not, teenagers tend to overdramatize things and function on emotion rather than logic. Thus, an administrator cannot go by the complaint of one disgruntled student. When formal parental complaints are filed, formal investigations are conducted. The findings of that investigation are then evaluated and appropriate action is taken against the teacher, if necessary. Sometimes, the complaints are valid. However, sometimes they are not. Just because you don't like a teacher as an individual does not give you the right to "ridicule" her to "wake her ass up." This comment shows how incredibly immature your position is. Too bad if you don't like a teacher. Deal with it! You will meet plenty of people you don't like in your lifetime. You will be forced to deal with people that you loathe on a daily basis in your professional life andd you will learn to deal with it. I am pretty sure you will not pick up your cell phone and video tape your boss because you think he is an idiot and then broadcast it on youtube. You wouldn't do that because it is a professional setting. For this woman, the school is her professional setting and this is her career. Therefore, to defame her in the manner is completely inappropriate.

Yes, I agree that there are many individuals who should not be teachers and are not cut out for this kind of work.

Well, let this teacher be that kind of individual! I know it's not "up to the student to decide this", but if classes and classes full of pupils fail and complaint, and parents DO complaint but the school doesn't do anything about it... Now there is evidence.
Plus, "I am pretty sure you will not pick up your cell phone and video tape your boss because you think he is an idiot and then broadcast it on youtube"... Í am pretty sure I made it clear that they did NOT post this on YouTube because they wanted to embarrass the teacher, but because they wanted to share their action with others.

Plus, sorry, but I do not think you are in the position to tell me how immature my 'frame of mind' is.

Oh, I'm not at all proud of them for putting it on the internet. I totally understand this is completely embarrasing and inappropriate.
But I must say I am very happy that finally there is some evidence of this teacher NOT being a proper teacher. Everyone is, and I'm sure people who think this is cruel would be too if they knew the person. So many students have failed Latin and Greek because of her. And she's not a nice person either - I've been a witness of her saying very, very mean things to students who failed their tests. (Again, nót saying that this makes it okay to put it on the net, but it's only on YouTube because of the action, just the fact that they were able to jump out of the window with 15 students out of 30, and the teacher wouldn't notice. I think, for the internet-version, they should blank out her face or something so she is not recognizable. It's not on YouTube to embarrass this teacher, nor to show the world how bad of a teacher she is, it's only on the internet b/c what they did is indeed funny.)

We all post on this blog due to our shared love of handbags. Our ages and our experiences in life are irrelevant in this sense as we share a common bond. However, this post that you submitted truly shows your age and your lack of experience in life. I have highlighted the areas that are particularly troubling to me. You state that you are happy with this evidence of the teacher not being a proper teacher. What exactly is a PROPER teacher? Can you explain this to me? What are your qualifications in making this judgement? As far as I know, you are a 15 year old student. Therefore, you are incapable of judging whether or not someone who has finished five years of university is qualified for their job or not. If, based on your vast wealth of knowledge, you are able to determine that this individual is not doing their job properly, then you should file a formal complaint. However, as you really only have a couple of years of high school under your belt, perhaps you should reserve judgement. Next, you state that many students have failed Latin and Greek "because of her." Students fail because of themselves. Granted, there are many teachers who are not successful in their attempts to educate, however, a student's success is not determined solely by their teacher. I have seen many students who have had bad teachers succeed regardless. By trying to blame the teacher for your lack of success, you are merely evading the responsibility that you hold for your own education. The point about being witness to the "mean things" the teacher said again merely contributes to this mob mentality that is trying to justify that is fine that this individual was taped without her knowledge or consent and then posted on youtube. Finally your point that this was not posted to embarass the teacher is laughable at best. Who are you kidding? YOU said earlier in this post and in your other posts that you are happy this teacher is exposed for not being "a proper teacher". This WAS posted to embarass her and the students in this class should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that they are your "heroes" is sad in itself. You are looking up to individuals who are getting their laughs at the expense of another's feelings. Regardless if this was a teacher or anyone else who was put in this position, you should not regard these individuals as your "heroes" but rather you should be ashamed at their level of disrespect and dishonesty.

Well, let this teacher be that kind of individual! I know it's not "up to the student to decide this", but if classes and classes full of pupils fail and complaint, and parents DO complaint but the school doesn't do anything about it... Now there is evidence.
Plus, "I am pretty sure you will not pick up your cell phone and video tape your boss because you think he is an idiot and then broadcast it on youtube"... Í am pretty sure I made it clear that they did NOT post this on YouTube because they wanted to embarrass the teacher, but because they wanted to share their action with others.

Plus, sorry, but I do not think you are in the position to tell me how immature my 'frame of mind' is.

Actually I am in the position to tell you how immature your frame of mind is, as YOU are the one who chose to share this thus YOU are the one who exposes yourself to the world and allows them to comment and express their opinion. My opinion is that you are truly showing your age and level of immaturity by passing this on to as many people as you can and getting your laughs out of this. YOU are the one who named these students your "heroes". I find it incredibly sad that these are the types of people you look up to. Is there no one else to idolize? I truly believe in karma.

We all post on this blog due to our shared love of handbags. Our ages and our experiences in life are irrelevant in this sense as we share a common bond. However, this post that you submitted truly shows your age and your lack of experience in life. I have highlighted the areas that are particularly troubling to me. You state that you are happy with this evidence of the teacher not being a proper teacher. What exactly is a PROPER teacher? Can you explain this to me? What are your qualifications in making this judgement? As far as I know, you are a 15 year old student. Therefore, you are incapable of judging whether or not someone who has finished five years of university is qualified for their job or not. If, based on your vast wealth of knowledge, you are able to determine that this individual is not doing their job properly, then you should file a formal complaint. However, as you really only have a couple of years of high school under your belt, perhaps you should reserve judgement. Next, you state that many students have failed Latin and Greek "because of her." Students fail because of themselves. Granted, there are many teachers who are not successful in their attempts to educate, however, a student's success is not determined solely by their teacher. I have seen many students who have had bad teachers succeed regardless. By trying to blame the teacher for your lack of success, you are merely evading the responsibility that you hold for your own education. The point about being witness to the "mean things" the teacher said again merely contributes to this mob mentality that is trying to justify that is fine that this individual was taped without her knowledge or consent and then posted on youtube. Finally your point that this was not posted to embarass the teacher is laughable at best. Who are you kidding? YOU said earlier in this post and in your other posts that you are happy this teacher is exposed for not being "a proper teacher". This WAS posted to embarass her and the students in this class should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that they are your "heroes" is sad in itself. You are looking up to individuals who are getting their laughs at the expense of another's feelings. Regardless if this was a teacher or anyone else who was put in this position, you should not regard these individuals as your "heroes" but rather you should be ashamed at their level of disrespect and dishonesty.

I said I was happy because the school board finally sees how this woman teaches. All her classes are like this.
I agree students do not fail only because of the teachers, but if you can't keep up very well with the subject matter, and you have a teacher that can't even teach, you've got a problem. And isn't it strange that HER classes all fail?

And again, sorry, but I am not taking this from you: "your lack of experience in life"
You do not know me, you have no right to say this to me. I know people. I know life.

Let me explain something to you as it seems that you have absolutely no concept of the education system and how it works. Yes, I agree that there are many individuals who should not be teachers and are not cut out for this kind of work. However, it is not up to you or any other student to decide this. Parent complaints DO work. However, a person cannot be fired from their job because one parent complained. Whether you like to believe it or not, teenagers tend to overdramatize things and function on emotion rather than logic. Thus, an administrator cannot go by the complaint of one disgruntled student. When formal parental complaints are filed, formal investigations are conducted. The findings of that investigation are then evaluated and appropriate action is taken against the teacher, if necessary. Sometimes, the complaints are valid. However, sometimes they are not. Just because you don't like a teacher as an individual does not give you the right to "ridicule" her to "wake her ass up." This comment shows how incredibly immature your position is. Too bad if you don't like a teacher. Deal with it! You will meet plenty of people you don't like in your lifetime. You will be forced to deal with people that you loathe on a daily basis in your professional life andd you will learn to deal with it. I am pretty sure you will not pick up your cell phone and video tape your boss because you think he is an idiot and then broadcast it on youtube. You wouldn't do that because it is a professional setting. For this woman, the school is her professional setting and this is her career. Therefore, to defame her in the manner is completely inappropriate.

Oh yes please enlighten me, I have no concept of the education system :rolleyes:. When did I ever say I didn't like her as an individual??? She was actually a sweet lady. I didn't like her as a TEACHER. Yes teenagers over dramatize, but you can best believe I didn't over dramatize her falling asleep or LITERALLY not coming back to class. I actually put an S in parents. Plural. There were numerous formal complaints against her. She was eventually fired the next school year because of complaints from that class.

I found the video HILARIOUS. Show's I'm "incredibly immature"? I've been called worse.

Oh yes please enlighten me, I have no concept of the education system :rolleyes:. When did I ever say I didn't like her as an individual??? She was actually a sweet lady. I didn't like her as a TEACHER. Yes teenagers over dramatize, but you can best believe I didn't over dramatize her falling asleep or LITERALLY not coming back to class. I actually put an S in parents. Plural. There were numerous formal complaints against her. She was eventually fired the next school year because of complaints from that class.

I found the video HILARIOUS. Show's I'm "incredibly immature"? I've been called worse.
I wasn't commenting on your specific teacher. I do not know her and never experienced her as a teacher. I was merely responding to the fact that you condoned this video and found it "hilarious". The fact that your teacher was let go is, in my opinion, a justified solution to someone who is not able to complete their job adequately. Trust me, I do not advocate that a teacher's job needs to be protected in any way. I think that their performance should be judged as in any other career and if they are not successful, this should be investigated and they should be let go. There were obviously some significant issues with your teacher and she was let go accordingly. What I am trying to convey to you and to others is that there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. Posting a video of someone who is unaware they are being taped is an invasion of privacy. This is not the way to launch an investigation of a teacher. It is rude, disrespectful and dishonest. Also just to clarify, I did not call YOU "incredibly immature", I said your POSITION (on this matter) was incredibly immature. There is a distinct difference between the two.

omg! hilarious!
i have had many a teacher like that!

i have a feeling this thread will be closed though, because some people are very closed minded, and feel the need to argue!
if you guys disagree, take it to PM!

omg! hilarious!

i have a feeling this thread will be closed though, because some people are very closed minded, and feel the need to argue!

This has nothing to do with being closed minded. It is a debate between individuals that are disagreeing with something. There is no need to take it to PM because we disagree. This is how the world works--people disagree. We are all trying to establish our feelings and position. I am unsure of what kind of world you are living in if you feel that everyone needs to agree on everything for fear of being considered "closed minded"..a fantasy land, maybe?

omg! hilarious!

This has nothing to do with being closed minded. It is a debate between individuals that are disagreeing with something. There is no need to take it to PM because we disagree. This is how the world works--people disagree. We are all trying to establish our feelings and position. I am unsure of what kind of world you are living in if you feel that everyone needs to agree on everything for fear of being considered "closed minded"...a fantasy land, maybe?

This has nothing to do with being closed minded. It is a debate between individuals that are disagreeing with something. There is no need to take it to PM because we disagree. This is how the world works--people disagree. We are all trying to establish our feelings and position. I am unsure of what kind of world you are living in if you feel that everyone needs to agree on everything for fear of being considered "closed minded"...a fantasy land, maybe?

You need to Liven up, this is so funny !!!. Why are you trying to make bother, its not like this is effecting you...unless you are that teacher. And calling people immature over their posts is silly because you dont actually know them IRL...this is a forum.

This teacher is obviously not cut out to be a teacher...would you want her to teach your Kids ???...NO. Its great that people are taking evidence with phone cams and videos so that the world knows what a Crap Teacher she is.

Well the truth is that the kids who made that tape are expelled as they released this without consent and meant to ridicule the teacher.

The teacher promised to do better.