Foundrae

How do people still feel about foundrae? I’m really a big fan of the medallions. I just find the prices of the chains a little crazy. I wonder if I can buy a non branded chain from a jeweler and add the foundrae medallions. Also is it too heavy to wear as an everyday piece?
I LOVE my over-sized mixed clip chain. I was somewhat resistant bc of the price, which I found to be outrageous, and the weight. It’s super heavy. I thought it was overpriced (and I still think so), but I’ve honestly not found another chain I like as much. (I’ve also looked at everything from antique watch fob type chains to comparable ones from Temple St. Claire and many other designers and independent jewelry shops. I also shop at Briony Raymond, who sells this genre of jewelry herself, and I looked there. I couldn’t believe it was so hard to find a fabulous chain, but there you go. The others just were not quite ‘me.’ Which is a personal thing. I also think it’s the chain that makes the necklace and the look so special, and not the specific medallions. JMO though. If you are fortunate enough to find the perfect chain and adore the medallions, that’s great! It’s just I find the medallions extremely overpriced, even more so than the chain, and Foundrae charges for everything including the push connections that allow you to move the charms around easily.

I’m just as happy wearing non Foundrae pieces on the chain, and TSC, Verdura, BR, VCA and many other designers do a version of the charms. I believe that the Foundrae site has a section where the Founder talks about the charms she has collected that inspire her medallions too, and the staff at Foundrae also encourages the customer to individualize their necklace. They also loved the look when I came back and tried it on with my own pieces. (Shown in my earlier post above) I will say that I was not really fond of the service and retail experience at the Foundrae boutique, and once they have you on their customer list, they are persistent. Like @Onebagtoomany, I don’t think I will buy more from them. But, I wear my necklace a lot, sometimes daily, and I always get compliments. I live in NY, and I see a lot of VCA, Cartier, but not much of the kind of things I wear, including Foundrae.

How do people still feel about foundrae? I’m really a big fan of the medallions. I just find the prices of the chains a little crazy. I wonder if I can buy a non branded chain from a jeweler and add the foundrae medallions. Also is it too heavy to wear as an everyday piece?
Margo Robbie loves a brand called Missoma, and it was featured in the Barbie movie and in several magazines like Harpers Bazaar. It might be worth checking out for a similar Charom chain look.

I’m currently interested in purchasing some of the medallions but am considering a chain from Etsy or a jeweller instead. I just can’t believe the chain pricing.
Did you ever buy something? I am so tempted by Foundrae but between the cost and my belief it will be out of fashion in a couple of years...