Foundrae

Thank you @miss_chiff and @Pevi for your kind words :smile:

@miss_chiff, the issues that other TPFers, more experienced in the collection of jewelry than I am, brought to my attention included, but were not limited to the following:

1. Foundrae has exploded in popularity; it’s also extremely expensive, so make sure you love the actual piece and not just the idea of it
2. it is very recognizable and distinctive; and it is worn by a lot of people; so in that sense, one could conceivably argue it’s either somewhat universal or somewhat generic or at least not unique (as per @huddlelove)
3. is it commensurate in quality to the other pieces of jewelry I already own
4. is the style of the charm necklace something that I will continue to treasure and wear after the fashion wanes
5. is the price justifiable by cost per wear (does it fit your lifestyle)
6. does it play well with other pieces and does it evoke one’s own personal style
7. this is a substantial amount of money for me, so it was important to weigh in, and I actually really appreciated the ability to take a week or so to think about it

But, these are questions that one should probably ask of any large luxury purchase :smile:

eta: no one in my circle of friends cares about luxury or jewelry or bags, so it’s almost funny to me that I even think to characterize Foundrae as possibly universal or over played or popular Lol.

Buy what you love; what you can afford; what makes you happy

Last edited:

@miss_chiff, the issues that other TPFers, more experienced in the collection of jewelry than I am, brought to my attention included, but were not limited to the following:

1. Foundrae has exploded in popularity; it’s also extremely expensive, so make sure you love the actual piece and not just the idea of it
2. it is very recognizable and distinctive; and it is worn by a lot of people; so in that sense, one could conceivably argue it’s either somewhat universal or somewhat generic or at least not unique (as per @huddlelove)
4. is the style of the charm necklace something that I will continue to treasure and wear after the fashion wanes
6. does it play well with other pieces and does it evoke one’s own personal style
7. this is a substantial amount of money for me, so it was important to weigh in, and I actually really appreciated the ability to take a week or so to think about it

But, these are questions that one should probably ask of any large luxury purchase :smile:

eta: no one in my circle of friends cares about luxury or jewelry or bags, so it’s almost funny to me that I even think to characterize Foundrae as possibly universal or over played or popular Lol.

Thanks for taking the time for the thoughtful response and information. I only somewhat recently ‘discovered’ Foundrae myself. While I don’t plan to get anything for myself, I love looking at their jewelry…the layered chains and charms etc.
I’m a bit obsessed with Ole Lynggard jewelry at the moment myself….I love their craftsmanship and designs (they compliment each other).
The gold (jewelry) prices these days just keeps going up, so it makes sense to make more thought out purchases in whatever brands and styles that make our hearts sing in addition to longevity. Enjoy all your gorgeous new pieces, I know I have by looking at your photos!

@megs0927, your custom piece looks gorgeous :smile: Cannot wait to see it as a finished piece

I apparently live under a rock and had not heard about Foundrae until recently from someone I met. She suggested DH and ai go visit the boutique downtown. I loved it and, on my second visit, ending up eventually getting the Foundrae heavy mixed chain, the oversized heart, the small globe, the resilience motif, and the crescent moon. DH picked out the heavy mixed chain. I plan on wearing it as an everyday piece.

What ultimately sold me on the the heavy mixed chain was that i could wear it multiple ways: with just the heart or with two of my own pendants, a vintage Edwardian Russian aquamarine pendant (normally on a strand of matching aquamarines with limited usage) and a torso by Miguel borrocal. I know that I will wear the aquamarine more frequently on the heavy mixed chain and with the resilience motif. On the second visit, I made sure that I loved the combinations and that the chain could handle the weight of the borrocal torso. I also purchased extra annex links for everything so as to be able to move things around.

In between Foundrae visits, DH and I visited quite a few jewelers and ruled out other jewelry options. We had been looking at Verdura Belperron; VCA heritage; Dior;chanel; boucheron; Vhernier; briony raymond; Fred Leighton; Bulgari; the salons at Bergdorfs including a vintage counter on the top floor; as well as my own independent jeweler.

Before purchase, I also asked for and obtained a lot of TPF opinions (on open thread and by PM) re pros and cons of the piece in question (I didn’t know about this thread, so got it from the ladies on the VCA subforum who wear other brands). I learned the most and thought the hardest about the points raised by the naysayers. IMO it would be very boring if we all thought and liked the same things; that’s what makes TPF interesting :smile:

The last pic is a runner up that I did not purchase in rose gold. I keep trying rose gold, but yellow works better on my skin tone.

View attachment 5311162 View attachment 5311152 View attachment 5311187 View attachment 5311147View attachment 5311148 View attachment 5311151

Your heavy mixed clip chain is stunning!! I almost went with the midsize but I was afraid to spend that much having not seen any of the pieces in person! I also wanted to be able to layer my foundrae with my dainty tennis necklace and I was worried the mixed chain may be too large to wear with my tennis necklace. It definitely remains on my wishlist though!!

I live in the Midwest and rarely see much high end branded jewelry other than David Yurman. A few friends have some Cartier pieces. I love that no one here really seems to know about Foundrae yet.

Isn’t the radiating heart stunning? The craftsmanship on these pieces really helps me rationalize the crazy prices.

Wear in good health and enjoy!!! Glad to see this thread getting some more action!

So I ended up adding two inches to the heavy mixed Belcher chain taking it up to 18”. It’s fully adjustable and I like having the options to wear at different lengths. I also added a baby resilience with diamond annex. Start to finish took just over 8 weeks. Well worth the wait!!

Attachments

• C388A9EE-E08A-41FE-9FF7-0FCB5DC6C39B.jpeg
    C388A9EE-E08A-41FE-9FF7-0FCB5DC6C39B.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 207
So I ended up adding two inches to the heavy mixed Belcher chain taking it up to 18”. It’s fully adjustable and I like having the options to wear at different lengths. I also added a baby resilience with diamond annex. Start to finish took just over 8 weeks. Well worth the wait!!
i love this! So perfect and special! I am so happy for you! Wear in the best health and happiness! Would also love picks of it worn at different lengths if you are ever so inclined! :biggrin:

This greedy company spends the money from revenues of its disgustingly overpriced jewelry going after talented small Etsy sellers, many of whom are women trying to make ends meet for their families during the pandemic, and have no intention of stealing Foundrae customers with a $60 necklace. If I was the owner of Foundrae I would load up on those Karma necklaces.

Reactions: linnie
Yes... so here I am... now addicted! I went a little crazy because I couldn’t decide on what I wanted most - the classic drop necklace which i was nervous would move around too much while working out - or the more trendy clip chain choker. I also ordered a small belcher bracelet. Jewelry is so much more dangerous than purses. View attachment 5039935
hi! What size is this belcher chain? Love this!

I love the beauty of Foundrae pieces. I just wish the price point earned them a unique serial number, similar to Cartier or VCA.
This doesn’t mean I’m not a Foundrae fan. I still have texts from my SA that show the price points when they were first introduced.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
I love the beauty of Foundrae pieces. I just wish the price point earned them a unique serial number, similar to Cartier or VCA.
This doesn’t mean I’m not a Foundrae fan. Funny thing, I still have texts from my SA that show the price points when they were first introduced.

Yes... so here I am... now addicted! I went a little crazy because I couldn’t decide on what I wanted most - the classic drop necklace which i was nervous would move around too much while working out - or the more trendy clip chain choker. I also ordered a small belcher bracelet. Jewelry is so much more dangerous than purses. View attachment 5039935
I so agree that jewelry is more dangerous. I can always find a way to justify a purchase. An often used piece of jewelry will never look as worn as often used handbag unless you’re really REALLY hard on jewelry!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
I have the mixed belcher chain baby protection medallion necklace and have worn it every day since getting it about a year ago. I love it just as much as ever and get a lot of compliments. I follow my own sense of style and choose what my eye loves to look at. I live in the Portland, Oregon area and don't see people wearing Foundrae, so that wasn't an issue for me. I believe in following your higher intuition when buying things. In this case, I tried it on in the store and it was my favorite and I had a wonderful feeling about it. I do like that it is very sturdy 18k gold that I can wear 24/7. I would have thought that I would have found the messaging/symbolism cheesy, but I fell for it haha. I'm considering adding a bracelet now.

Reactions: 880 and Pevi