For your Amusement Strange Emails From potential buyers

I've just bought that book. I've got a similar book, called 'I lick my cheese' by an author named oonagh o'hagen. It's about notes that have been left by flat mates to each other, very funny too!

The title of this thread reminded me of one of the funniest and easiest reading books I've ever read. Several years ago, my DD gave me a copy of Art Farkas's "Letters to ebay."

It's a book written by a guy who trolls ebay for interesting listings and ASQs sellers the funniest and most off-the-wall serious questions and gets serious answers.

You need to pee before reading this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Ebay-Hilarious-Auctions-Grandma/dp/0446699586

Just bought for my Kindle. I sure will pee first before reading.

I have not read the whole thread but a lot of times on places where you reply to someone via email, these people are just emailing you to gather email addresses to hack and send spam from. When I post something for sale on kijiji or craigslist I never reply to emails. I state that anyone interested needs to respond with a name and phone number.

I have not read the whole thread but a lot of times on places where you reply to someone via email, these people are just emailing you to gather email addresses to hack and send spam from. When I post something for sale on kijiji or craigslist I never reply to emails. I state that anyone interested needs to respond with a name and phone number.
No way I'll give a phone number before "vetting" them.

Get a junk gmail, yahoo or aol email address to use specifically for CL or posting. Use something like "[email protected]" or something along those lines. Then you won't care if you get extra spam. Just trash it. And they won't know your real name from your "regular" email addy.

No way I'll give a phone number before "vetting" them.

Get a junk gmail, yahoo or aol email address to use specifically for CL or posting. Use something like "[email protected]" or something along those lines. Then you won't care if you get extra spam. Just trash it. And they won't know your real name from your "regular" email addy.

I have a junk email (more than one actually). My phone number is in the book (no address and not full name) so it really is not a big deal for me to phone someone from my house phone. Don't at all see what the big deal is.

This was from an actual buyer, not a potential one.
I had listed a lot of three Prada purses together. The winning bidder was a long-time member who also sells. After three days of no payment, I sent her a quick message: "Just wondering when you'd be able to pay? Thanks!"
24 hours later she replies:
"OF COURSE I'm going to pay. I have been a member forever and I follow the rules. But your message is so cold. Why wasn't it friendlier?"
Me: :wtf:

Awhile back, I had some listings up for Coach catalogs, and the listing's main photo was (logically) the cover of the catalog -- a model 'hugging' a bag, I think. Even though the listing clearly stated it was for a catalog, I still received the following email from a potential buyer...

"Could you please take a photo of the bag WITHOUT the model? It's hard to see the bag you're selling!!"
:roflmfao:

i have many to share. This 1 is recent. this message was not even attached to any of my items. she used contact seller feature: "Hello! My name %^& and have a fashion and beauty blog in Brazil, %^&^^%^&&&
Loved the products in your store and wanted to know if you are interested in partnering with my blog, so I make posts talking about your store with pictures of me wearing her clothes.
What do you think?
Kisses" This is too funny. She wants me to send her free clothes (my items are between $250-$1300) and Its not like I sell some hand made stuff. I sell all brand new designer stuff. Why would I need her to advertise my store? Ridunculous

Last edited:
I have had people email me and want to exchange an item they bought from someone else on ebay with one of my items.

I have also had a buyer request me to try on some shoes I was selling for a modeling shot and specify also what kind of dress AND NECKLACE I should wear WITH the shoes. Umm. No thanks, pervert.

Oh and back before buyer ID's were hidden I had another foot fetish guy email me and ask for modeling shots of the shoes where I was the buyer. I wasn't even selling them.
LoL!! your post reminds me of that one Sex and City episode where Charlotte had to break up with her shoes store sales rep because he had a foot fetish with her. :biggrin: