For Vachetta protection, Collonil Carbon Pro vs. Waterstop? Do you recommend Kiwi spray also?

I need to spray all my new bags after their Christmas unboxings. Collonil Pro is the best thing to happen to my collection. Can’t wait!

Before and after pics from my thread:View attachment 4927441View attachment 4927443
Is this available in the US? I have only used Apple Garde, which I think I read wasn't available in Canada? I've had great results with Apple Garde. Are they similar? Sorry if this was already answered, but I figured you would know since you have quite the collection! Thank you!

Is this available in the US? I have only used Apple Garde, which I think I read wasn't available in Canada? I've had great results with Apple Garde. Are they similar? Sorry if this was already answered, but I figured you would know since you have quite the collection! Thank you!
collonil carbon pro is available in the US ! you can order it on amazon ! its what i use and i'm already on my 3rd bottle haha yes apple garde and carbon pro are essentially the same thing, on all my research on both there isn't much of a difference between the two when it comes to spraying vachetta

@Loriad

Funny part is I was looking for Apple G. for years (from all TPF’s rave reviews) but it was never available in Canada. TG Amazon finally supplied Carbon Pro to us, Canuck LVoers :lol: I’ve heard that they are similar but haven’t had a chance to compare them. Found this thread for you though:

Reactions: Sunshine mama
@Loriad

Funny part is I was looking for Apple G. for years (from all TPF’s rave reviews) but it was never available in Canada. TG Amazon finally supplied Carbon Pro to us, Canuck LVoers :lol: I’ve heard that they are similar but haven’t had a chance to compare them. Found this thread for you though:
I will check it out! Thank you!

Reactions: MyBelongs to Louis
Hey guys, I just sprayed my latest vachetta bag, MPA, and wanted to share ‘before and after’ pics. Went on wet and oily-looking and dries down totally clear. I can’t recommend this stuff enough ❤️ love it!View attachment 4943416View attachment 4943417View attachment 4943418View attachment 4943419View attachment 4943421
Thanks for sharing! I’ve been looking at this product to treat the vachette on my Artsy which I don’t use as much as I want to keep the handle from getting too dark too quickly. I’ve been using wipes to keep it clean but this is totally the solution. Thanks!

Have you tried it on colored smooth leather? I have a city steamer in smooth leather and I wonder if this product would both protect it from fine scratches and accidental water marks.

Ran through my first bottle of CB and had to order another. I coated everything this time :smile:View attachment 5075726View attachment 5075727View attachment 5075728View attachment 5075729
I’ve never sprayed my leather bags before and will work on those next. This stuff is so amazing, glad I found it!
MB, when you say "everything" does this include the canvas?? Do you spray directly onto the vachetta or use a cloth and apply it? Can you tell I'm super scared to treat my Speedy? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: MyBelongs to Louis
MB, when you say "everything" does this include the canvas?? Do you spray directly onto the vachetta or use a cloth and apply it? Can you tell I'm super scared to treat my Speedy? :lol:
My first time spraying coated canvas so I know that feeling lol. I don’t think the darker prints need this (like monogram/DE) but it’s definitely reassuring for lighter colour canvas. Spray goes on really shiny and wet looking, then dries down invisible. Really amazing:smile: I’m going to spray my Khaki NF and White Multicolour pcs too

Ran through my first bottle of CB and had to order another. I coated everything this time :smile:View attachment 5075726View attachment 5075727View attachment 5075728View attachment 5075729
I’ve never sprayed my leather bags before and will work on those next. This stuff is so amazing, glad I found it!
I’ve never used it on canvas. Please let us know if you think it works well over time on canvas. I’ve thought about using it on DA, but haven’t done it yet.
It works great on leather bags. I’ve been using it for years on all my leather bags and leather shoes. I usually seal the corners on leather bags first (where wear is likely to occur), then do 2 coats of carbon pro. I’ve used it on empriente, vachetta, the Gucci Marmont line, YSL, lambskin, etc. Also on light colored leather SLG’s.

I’ve never used it on canvas. Please let us know if you think it works well over time on canvas. I’ve thought about using it on DA, but haven’t done it yet.
It works great on leather bags. I’ve been using it for years on all my leather bags and leather shoes. I usually seal the corners on leather bags first (where wear is likely to occur), then do 2 coats of carbon pro. I’ve used it on empriente, vachetta, the Gucci Marmont line, YSL, lambskin, etc. Also on light colored leather SLG’s.
Interesting. How do you seal the corners? I’ve never had issues with darker coloured bags so I’m saving this spray for lighter colours/canvases. It’s getting expensive at $27 CAD a bottle - just finished the 2nd bottle today and ordered third lol