For those who spend $1000+ on a handbag...

For those who spend $1000+ on a handbag, what's your yearly take home salary?

• None...that's what parents are for!

• 0 - 25k

• 26k - 50k

• 51k - 75k

• 76k - 100k

• 101k - 250k

• 251k - 500k

• 501k - 999k

• 7 figures!

• other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know this is an old thread, but the poll is very well designed and I think this is a topic people are always interested in, so I'm going to bump it and see how the averages change. (Plus, the more people that vote, the more accurate it is.)

I'm surprised at the number in the <25k range.

Yeah, me too. I'm thinking that a lot of students who pull in less than that are gifted bags by parents or boyfriends and don't actually buy the bags themselves, as the poll states. (Nothing against people in this position, it just skews the results a little!)

When my wife and I were in the <25k range (students) I saved for a couple of coach purses in the $400 range to give to her for christmas. This was a ton of money to us then. I would think that anyone in this range buying a $1000 bag would have to have someone buy it for them or live at home with virtually no expenses. We have been in the 101 to 250K range for only a few years now and this past September I bought my wife her first bag over $1000. I bought her a Jimmy Choo Saba in white. I've shared my wifes passion for desighner bags for many years although thought we would never be able to buy one for over 1K. It's addicting now as I already have a list of 4 other bags over 1k that I want to buty her!

When my wife and I were in the <25k range (students) I saved for a couple of coach purses in the $400 range to give to her for christmas. This was a ton of money to us then. I would think that anyone in this range buying a $1000 bag would have to have someone buy it for them or live at home with virtually no expenses. We have been in the 101 to 250K range for only a few years now and this past September I bought my wife her first bag over $1000. I bought her a Jimmy Choo Saba in white. I've shared my wifes passion for desighner bags for many years although thought we would never be able to buy one for over 1K. It's addicting now as I already have a list of 4 other bags over 1k that I want to buty her!

OK, i must ask, whats the secret??!!! how can i get my SO to get into bags too!!??

I'm in the higher end of the $26k-50k range, and have bought a handbag of over 1K. I don't live with my parents, but my expenses aren't too high and I usually manage to save a minimum of 1K a month - I usually spend part of it on clothes and save the rest. So if I want to buy a 1K bag it's usually just one months savings. And I'm actually quite poor, I just manage to keep a rein on my other expenses.

I chose 0, that's what parents are for, because I'm a minor, and therefore a dependent. My parents won't buy me really expensive bags though, so I have to save money from birthdays, allowance, this job I had over the summer ($1400 stipend, which with the hours I was doing was almost nothing).

OK, i must ask, whats the secret??!!! how can i get my SO to get into bags too!!??

Well we have been married for 15 years and dated for 9 prior to that. She liked to shop so I would go with her. I would occasionally read her fasion magazines and became familiar with desighners. When I would buy her gifts, typically lower end desighner cloths, bags or accessories she would be impressed that I remembered. Over time I guess I began developing the same passion for great bags and cloths as she did. (just to make things clear I'm definetly a manly man into sports, fishing, etc.)

I dont know about any secrets although take your SO shopping and educate them on what you like as far as fasion and desighners. try to feep it interesting and they will come around.

I'm 101-250k range, my boyfriend and I both make around 70 a year.

I don't have a problem buying bags over 1000 dollars. As of now I wouldn't dare spend over 2500-3000 on a bag and that's at most. But to be honest I really have no desire yet for a bag more than that.. I would feel too guilty.

Some people think it's sick but I think that's a ****ty view to hold.

Everyone has something they are passionate about that they will splurge on whether it's fine wine and dinning, plastic surgery, cars, boats, vacations, beauty bills, jewels, techo gadgets. I just think some people are wayyyy too close minded about fashion. I hate getting **** for my expensive taste, it's not my fault some people can't afford it and I hate defending it. What's most important to me is that I am not lying, hurting myself or getting into financial trouble with my passion of fashion and MOST MOST importantly I give back to the community and do tons of volunteer work.

Before you think to yourself, wow what a ***** for saying "it's not my fault some people can't afford it", well those in need don't NEED to be carrying expensive bags and I didn't mean to come off so ignorant, if my spending were taking away from someone elses needs it would be a totally different story.

The one thing though I don't understand is spending tons of bags like LAMB or very logo-ish bags that will never be timeless and are only trendy spurr of the moment expenses.