For those of you who have to study...

A little off-topic: Frostedcouture about your TDK sig, omg. Is that what Batman actually said? I couldn't even understand what he said, and I saw that movie twice. Thanks for that. I thought he said, "I'm not wearing a funny mask" or something. lol!

I saw it twice too! second time was in imax. amazing! Christian Bale was even hotter ;) Well i got the quote online because I can't remember movie quotes at ALL, so I think that's right. I heard something about hockey while watching so I think it's right!! :smile:)

I took my boyfriend's Bose headphones to test them out because they are made so you do not hear anything else besides the music and they work wonderfully. I had a huge philosophy final and coral reefs final and I need dead silence so I put them on and studied for hours. I even had my phone on loud and 3 other roomates and my boyfriend at my apartment and I did not get distracted once. I had 7 missed calls when I was finished studying. I would invest in those.
I wish you luck because studying is so hard for me and this is one of the only things that helps. :smile:

When I'm doing Math, Physics, or Chemistry or mostly any non-artsy subjects I like to listen to Chopin, Beethoven, or Mozart. I can't listen to music with actual lyrics, and I can't listen to ANY type of music while reading.

I definitely need to study AWAY from the tv or computer, or else I get distracted. Usually I go in the kitchen if no one's home, or in my bedroom. A lot of the time I have to just leave the house and go somewhere, like a cafe or library.

My desk is in my room too, but I do study there. However, my bedroom MUST be tidy otherwise i cant concentrate! Maybe try cleaning your room and making sure your desk is clutter free, and only has the books etc you need on it!

good luck to you too!!!

this is a little off topic, but if you want you can PM me to chat some time.

OMG, I looooooooooove Greece! I spent 6 weeks in Mytilini on Lesvos (also quick trips to Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos) and I am so DEPRESSED now that I am home! I think my heart belongs in Greece.

Please feel free to PM if you want to talk about how amazing it is, or find a me a job there so I can move there, or just rub it in that you're there and i'm not! :P

Whoops, now :back2topic: Sorry, couldnt resist!

I am in Italy so I can understand how the hot weather is killing you! Me too! I've started to study after two years few weeks ago and it was hard! At home there are so many distractions! PF is one of the biggest LOL then comes TV, etc. I'll stay at home while it's so hot, I don't want to move, but in the next months I'm going often to the library at Padova's of the Law Faculty. I already got the degree but I'll go there again, there is real silence and even if I lose 2 hours for the trip go-and-back I study a lot more in 5 hours there than in one full day at home!
Do you make your study program? Sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't!

I am in Italy so I can understand how the hot weather is killing you! Me too! I've started to study after two years few weeks ago and it was hard! At home there are so many distractions! PF is one of the biggest LOL then comes TV, etc. I'll stay at home while it's so hot, I don't want to move, but in the next months I'm going often to the library at Padova's of the Law Faculty. I already got the degree but I'll go there again, there is real silence and even if I lose 2 hours for the trip go-and-back I study a lot more in 5 hours there than in one full day at home!
Do you make your study program? Sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't!
no I don't have a program...too bad...
and the freaking heat!!! man!!!

I graduated in May, but here are my tips! I usually would study in the living room because I got too distracted by my computer in my bedroom. Sometimes I also went to the library to the designated "quiet" areas so I could look up and people watch when I needed a break but seeing everyone else study motivated me.

Plus I sometimes would tell myself if I wanted to work out later, I needed to study.