For Gryson lovers.....how do you like your bag?

I think I might be in the minority, but I had the Skye for a while, but ended up selling it on Ebay. I loved the look of the bag, and the quality is amazing, but I hated the straps and handles. The straps dug into my shoulder, and the braided handles made marks on my arms. I could never get comfortable with the bag. I also don't like the latches on the Ava and similar styles -- too much to fidget with. But I do think the bags are gorgeous and well made.

Yes, I'm a little concerned about the straps/handles. Maybe there is another style where this is not the issue? I've got to have a bag that is comfortable on my shoulder. I just can't do satchels. I'm going to do a little more research.

Anne

I have a black Gryson Skye and love it.:love: I get compliments all the time on it because the handles are so unique. I keep thinking about getting another one. The weaved bag looks amazing.

I was a bit disappointed that they changed the woven handles on the New Woven bags. I guess it may be better since the woven bags are heavier and the woven handles might not be able to handle the weight as well.

Yes, I'm a little concerned about the straps/handles. Maybe there is another style where this is not the issue? I've got to have a bag that is comfortable on my shoulder. I just can't do satchels. I'm going to do a little more research.

Anne

Anne, Is there anywhere where you can see GRYSON IRL? My Skyes and my Olivia are very comfortable on my shoulder! One of the things I like the best is how well they stay on my shoulder. I once had an MJ bag that slipped off my shoulder every time I turned or leaned forward! That drove me crazy:Push: I wore my Olivia all over NYC this past spring and never felt uncomfortable with the shoulder straps, or burdened by the size of the bag. I thought this was rather remarkable given the size of the Olivia!

Anne

To follow up on romeolady's comments, what i've found on this board is that people's reactions to how comfortable the Skye and Olivia are are varied. I find my Skye to be very comfortable, but I wear the woven handles over my shoulder, not the longer straps. I find the bag to be extremely comfortable. It's really something you have to try for yourself.

To follow up on romeolady's comments, what i've found on this board is that people's reactions to how comfortable the Skye and Olivia are are varied. I find my Skye to be very comfortable, but I wear the woven handles over my shoulder, not the longer straps. I find the bag to be extremely comfortable. It's really something you have to try for yourself.

That's interesting... when I had the Skye, the woven handles would barely fit over my shoulder, and I'm not a big person. I'm sure the newer bags are updated and better from the first version and I'm sure there are variations from bag to bag.

That's interesting... when I had the Skye, the woven handles would barely fit over my shoulder, and I'm not a big person. I'm sure the newer bags are updated and better from the first version and I'm sure there are variations from bag to bag.

missmary-my handles have definitely stretched out over time. When i first got the bag, carrying by the handles on the shoulder wasn't comfortable, but the handles have stretched out quite a bit from the ammount of stuff i lug around:smile::smile:

I don't think Gryson has the straps figured out yet. It seems they get in the way of entrance in the Skye. If you have to figure out how to get in and out of the bag, as on tpf-er mentioned, that is NOT a good design. Also, I bought a Gryson Zoe hobo, and the strap is a MESS! -- the edges falling all over the place and nowhere to put the loose ends. It looks messy and stupid. I'm disappointed. I like the shape and size of the bag, but the strap is a DISASTER. They should know better! That Zoe should have been held back in the design phase. I bought it online from Neiman Marcus -- and if I had seen it IRL, I never would have bought it. It never occurred to me the strap ends would flop around, and the shoulder guard would be sliding all over the place. I'M NOT IMPRESSED. They need to get the kinks out first.

I have a black Skye and a white / dk. brown trim Olivia and while I love the design and style of the bag, find the Skye too small for my everyday needs and the Olivia too large. I do like the woven handles though and the extra strap if needed, obviously the the way the handles turn hinge is another thing that I don't necessarily like, but I think it adds uniqueness to her design. If you like a large bag, then I say go for the Olivia, if you like a smaller one than I say go for the Skye.

Ladies, a little worried. I just bought a white Gryson Skye with brown leather that was on sale at Label360. I didn't want a large bag because I have a Tod's D Bag in white, so was looking for something a bit smaller. However, I don't want it to be TOO small. Can someone describe the size of their Skye? Is it an ok size?

Anne, Is there anywhere where you can see GRYSON IRL? My Skyes and my Olivia are very comfortable on my shoulder! One of the things I like the best is how well they stay on my shoulder. I once had an MJ bag that slipped off my shoulder every time I turned or leaned forward! That drove me crazy:Push: I wore my Olivia all over NYC this past spring and never felt uncomfortable with the shoulder straps, or burdened by the size of the bag. I thought this was rather remarkable given the size of the Olivia!

The only Skye I saw IRL was sort of from afar and since I din't know the person I couldn't really "grill" her the way I wanted to. I am a person though who needs a bag to be functional. I son't want to be fooling around with straps or fumbling trying to get in or out. Maybe I will take a closer look at the new designs w/out the woven handles. I too hate bags that slip off my shoulder. I live in Chicago and the weather here in the winter really calls for us to sometimes wear bulky coats. I need to have straps that stay put because i change coats often. I really appreciate everyone's comments. Does anyone know yet when you will be able to purchase from the Gryson site?

Anne

The only Skye I saw IRL was sort of from afar and since I din't know the person I couldn't really "grill" her the way I wanted to. I am a person though who needs a bag to be functional. I son't want to be fooling around with straps or fumbling trying to get in or out. Maybe I will take a closer look at the new designs w/out the woven handles. I too hate bags that slip off my shoulder. I live in Chicago and the weather here in the winter really calls for us to sometimes wear bulky coats. I need to have straps that stay put because i change coats often. I really appreciate everyone's comments. Does anyone know yet when you will be able to purchase from the Gryson site?

Anne

I have no difficulty getting in or out of my Skye or my Olivia bags, but because they are made with beautiful, soft, leather with gorgeous heavy zippers, I do find it takes two hands to zip or unzip them. One hand to pull the zip, the other to stablize the zipper (picture zipping a jacket).

Gryson.com says they will be selling direct from their site in Sept. Since this is the last day of September I gotta question what's going on there... Maybe they just want to start at the beginning of the week? If that's the case, tomorrow should be our lucky day...I sure hope so, I've been on pins and needles about this for what seems like forever.

I have no difficulty getting in or out of my Skye or my Olivia bags, but because they are made with beautiful, soft, leather with gorgeous heavy zippers, I do find it takes two hands to zip or unzip them. One hand to pull the zip, the other to stablize the zipper (picture zipping a jacket).

Gryson.com says they will be selling direct from their site in Sept. Since this is the last day of September I gotta question what's going on there... Maybe they just want to start at the beginning of the week? If that's the case, tomorrow should be our lucky day...I sure hope so, I've been on pins and needles about this for what seems like forever.

Thanks romeolady!!! I'll be checking the site for updates!!

anne