Flats: She Said "Great Idea!"

I can picture either a nice place ballerina flat with a small pancake heel, and the "BB" perforated design on the top- and or a nice ring type buckle 'ala the BE rings on the bags with the "Belen Echandia" embossed on them...

^^^Excellent point about sizing - - in my Pewter excitement it did not even occur to me. Not exactly like I can run on over and try a few pairs on. And I always seem to be in between sizes. Hmmmmmmm. This will require further thought.

I might be interested but I do have a price ceiling on shoes. I love shoes, but I don't spend anywhere near the $$$ that I spend on bags...

I probably wouldn't buy these unless
a) they were US $100 or less
b) others had bought them first and could provide detailed sizing information (I have wierdly sized feet too)

I really like the idea but I think shoes are so different than bags, it might be tough.. There's more to fit with shoes...

I definately would not be prepared to pay the same money for shoes as handbags. I am surprised Jackie is going ahead with this idea, wonderful as it is, when she could do something cheaper like notebook covers.

I also would love to see more small leather goods on the site, like kiss mes and perhaps a key holder......in seasonal colours. I am really disappointed these smaller items are much more limited. I would love a silver or a cobalt blue kiss me. It's a much better way to buy a bolder leather you might not use in a bag.

Also, at one point, we were going to be able to add initials or personalisation to bags/small goods. I think I remember a blog entry about this ages ago. I would prefer a service like this to be added in. Imagine a BE couture with your initials in gold ! I would prefer this to the hole stamp.

If there were shoes it might be better to do some kind of foldable ballet slipper. You know the super soft ones you can put in a pouch? They would be easier to fit all kinds of feet. They would be super comfy as well in pebbled leather.

Last edited:
If there were shoes it might be better to do some kind of foldable ballet slipper. You know the super soft ones you can put in a pouch? They would be easier to fit all kinds of feet. They would be super comfy as well in pebbled leather.
That's pretty much what I was envisioning as well - something like Beirn makes, perhaps?

^^^I got a cute little pair in a goody bag at the Dress For Success event I went to recently, they are darling and fold up. I thought they would be great when I travel.

Maybe I should send Jackie a pix.

I don't think the plan for slippers is a definite one. Shoe fitting is surely more of a headache than cutting a bag. I really love that suggestion of having the soft slip-ons that fit in a little pouch! A little BE slipper bag!

I'd love some new ballet flats - the only pair that has ever fit me perfectly are my Delman ones -- quilted black suede with a little bow and the front of the shoe dips a little low and is super flattering on the foot (I wear a size 10 so not an ez feat for a flat shoe). I'm of the simple is better school of thought on ballet flats I think.

I was a little surprised to see this thread however - shoes is a huge undertaking for a company from what I've heard. $150ish is probably my limit for ballet flats since they're more of a weekend shoe for me.