First (likely only) Birkin 35-Gold or Black?

OMG Croissant! I gave a yelp when I saw your bag, my PHH thought I fell down LOL!! LOVE! Is she as versatile as you would have hoped?

thank you!! YES. she is kind of fancy but that's a good thing when you want to look nicer without putting forth too much effort. i just don't think you can go wrong with black. i think gold is so pretty and especially looks great with tan skin and neutral tones but i really think black is ....sophisticated and yet...understated. i hope i make sense. it can be young or old, it can be day or evening, it can be beat up or pristine. it just goes with anyone from an uptown socialite to a stylish punk rocker. in my opinion, anyway.

I vote gold - I think the GH would "dress it up" and the colour itself allows for "dressing down". I'm not crazy about black bags in the summer (JMHO). If you really only think you'll ever own one Birkin - then gold. But forgoing the JPG is a good plan.

Whatever you decide - wear in good health and happiness.

I was trying to make the same decsion when I was getting my first birkin. I decided on GOLD bc it will work for both summer and winter.

Both are wonderful choices. I have a black 30 with pall hw and a gold 35 with pall hw. The perfect would ne a 35 black with pall. But they are each wonderful classics that go with absolutely everything! I can't wait to see what you decide.

ITA with DQ.

I always thought if I got a Birkin, it would HAVE to be black with GH. My first H bag was a Black Kelly w/GH. Very classy, elegant and timeless. But after I got my Kelly, I decided I would rather have a gold Birkin than a black one. Between the Kelly and my black Chanels, I wanted something a little different. Both bags can go either casual or dressy.

FWIW, I just got my gold Birkin w/GH the other day, and I am THRILLED with it. It's perfect, and I believe it was the best choice.

I know I may be a bit biased, but I would go for the gold Birkin.

gold. lots of companies do a great black bag, but nobody makes gold like hermes. i also think it suits the casual birkin perfectly. so i'd get a gold birkin and a beautiful black bag from another brand.

or a black kelly. :P

:heart:

My vote is for black. I have a gold birkin and I feel like I need a black one to round out my collection. I am not sure if I would feel the same the other way around....