First Designer Bag

fivezero

likes nail polish
Jan 18, 2012
Canada
www.fivezero.ca
A red leather Coach demi back in my early or mid 20s. Looks like that's a fairly common model for a starter! It still looks great and I love it, though it remains my only Coach bag.

Ana16kin

Jul 25, 2012
A Gucci Slingbag..my dad bought me when i was 15. He bought me a lot of contemporary designer bagslike coach and juicy couture. I wasn't really in to bags at the time. What prompted me was when i started working, and i bought my 1st designer bag which is a mulberry effie tote..i was 27, and i've been collecting bags ever since ...

moonlightvega

Jun 23, 2013
Ok girls, I need serious help here!! Getting my FIRST designer bag but I don't have too much money to spend... Probably with a $300 budget?
I'm 20 and my taste is really boring, I don't really have anything that caught my attention, I love bows, patent leather or smooth leather and I absolutely hate those plain, pebbled leather or bags with logos everywhere

I was just shopping around shopbop and I can't decide which wallet to get, should I just force myself to get either the Snakeskin print or the Beige leather wallet? Both are from Tory Burch:

http://www.shopbop.com/catalina-sna...4302024667&colorId=34927&extid=affprg-2178999

http://www.shopbop.com/robinson-spe...128&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall&colorId=10485

Are the prices right? Or are there any discount code that I may use? :P
Thanks in advance!

msmsytique

Sep 13, 2012
Houston
Ok girls, I need serious help here!! Getting my FIRST designer bag but I don't have too much money to spend... Probably with a $300 budget?
I'm 20 and my taste is really boring, I don't really have anything that caught my attention, I love bows, patent leather or smooth leather and I absolutely hate those plain, pebbled leather or bags with logos everywhere

I was just shopping around shopbop and I can't decide which wallet to get, should I just force myself to get either the Snakeskin print or the Beige leather wallet? Both are from Tory Burch:

http://www.shopbop.com/catalina-sna...4302024667&colorId=34927&extid=affprg-2178999

http://www.shopbop.com/robinson-spe...128&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall&colorId=10485

Are the prices right? Or are there any discount code that I may use? :P
Thanks in advance!
Have you checked out Toryburch.com, if you click on accessories and then sale, items are up to 50%. The spectator wallet is there but it's only in blue and yellow. Other goodies on the site.

SweetDaisy05

Jan 28, 2013
I think I was 16 years old. My parents brought me a Dooney & Bourke Taupe All Weather Drawstring Purse for my birthday.

Masteryoda

Jul 12, 2012
Illinois
I think I was 16 years old. My parents brought me a Dooney & Bourke Taupe All Weather Drawstring Purse for my birthday.
Haha me too!!! That was my first bag the small size. I bought it when I was 18 or 19. I felt so fancy and on top of the world w that bag!! Lol!!! I still have it...darn thing never stayed closed tho...kept sliding open!

SweetDaisy05

Jan 28, 2013
Haha me too!!! That was my first bag the small size. I bought it when I was 18 or 19. I felt so fancy and on top of the world w that bag!! Lol!!! I still have it...darn thing never stayed closed tho...kept sliding open!

I felt the same way. This bag was like the HG at my school. A lot of girls was wearing this purse at school every day. :lol:

dhampson

Jan 20, 2013
Boulder, CO
Mine was just a year ago and I'm in my mid 30's. It was a Dooney barrel satchel in black. Still my favorite and I have picked up two other Dooney's and three Coach bags. I am now thinking I'll save for a LV.

phoxxy

Jul 26, 2009
Which bag started the obsession for you lol What was your first designer bag and how old were you when you got it?

(btw, we can start threads right? hehe if not sorry :embarasse )
Same here! I am hoping to find one this weekend.

qualitymama

Aug 9, 2013
Los Angeles
I am a low maintenance girl (woman). Never was too interested in expensive clothing or accessories. The most expensive bag I owned was maybe $60 but usually around $30 at Target. Then I graduated to Nine West purses always on sale for under $50 and used it until it wore out. Never liked anything other than black. Then one day the stars were aligned and I spotted an MZ Wallace bag in a plum/burgandy on the shoulder of another woman. It was gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for but didn't know it. When I looked them up online I was taken aback at the $355 price tag. I tried to find a cheaper but similar bag but Nothing so, I went back to the website and signed up for email. I just couldn't justify spending so much.
Then last November, 2012, I walked into a Coach outlet on black Friday and picked up my first ever designer bag. A beautiful shiny black Coach hobo with gold hardware for just about $100 after the 40%+ discount plus. I had just turned 39 and was pregnant with my third baby. I knew that I didn't need another baby blanket, I needed to finally do something for me! I loved the bag but within hours was on the MZ Wallace website looking at their sales. I was patient though. In March, 2013, after the baby arrived, I bit the bullet and ordered an MZ Wallace Hayley in indigo. Then last month got a MZW Belle in almond. I know my cheap purse days are over and am looking forward to treating myself again for my 40th. :graucho:

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
CT
My first one was a Louis Vuitton Murakami Cherry Blossom Pochette in the cream color. I remember being obsessed with the smell of the leather, and wanting it so badly because I loved Marc Jacobs and Murakami.

Amazona

Mar 31, 2013
Finland
My 1st was a Mulberry weekender that I got 7 yrs ago, at the age of 27. I still use it and it's in great condition. Talk about a comfort bag! :hbeat: