First Chanel bag: WOC or Classic flap?

Go with a flap! You don't want to have buyer's remorse. The WOC doesn't hold much and while the flaps aren't that much roomier, I find them more practical (regardless of which size you end up getting). The quality on the flaps are much better than the WOCs as well IMO.

Classic flap. The wocs and minis are cute but it is only for holding tickets, passport at travels, or go to a bar with a lipstick and a credit card. I have always so much stuff i need, Keys, carneys, lipstick, wallet, sunglasses. something to eat, maybe a hairbrush. I love to just throw everything in and go without any tetris game before.

I just purchased my first chanel piece and it’s a woc. Blk ghw. I chose the woc first because I was basically filling a gap in my handbag collection. I wanted a Chanel but it had to have a purpose. I was in need of a nice clutch, and I also needed another crossbody bag. So for me it worked. My next purchase will definitely be a jumbo!

I just purchased my first chanel piece and it’s a woc. Blk ghw. I chose the woc first because I was basically filling a gap in my handbag collection. I wanted a Chanel but it had to have a purpose. I was in need of a nice clutch, and I also needed another crossbody bag. So for me it worked. My next purchase will definitely be a jumbo!
Go for the jumbo! I loooove mine. It is so classy but roomy. You will love it. In lamb or caviar?

Reactions: LouisV76
6302C7D0-7416-460D-A451-A636133BF92B.jpeg
Go for the jumbo! I loooove mine. It is so classy but roomy. You will love it. In lamb or caviar?
Not sure yet. I sneaked into the Chanel boutique in the middle of a work day and tried on the jumbo black with gold hw. I have to say it was love at first sight ladies! Here is a pic, don’t mind my outfit ... I’m in the Construction field and was doing a site visit.... lol

Mostly cos I have a toddler now, so I prefer that my bag can at least fit a diaper and a small pack of wipes lol. I love it tho! So it was a hard decision, but I wanted to keep my collection minimal :smile:
I see. I definitely understand. I have four kids but just one toddler in diapers now. I usually have a little pouch of diapers and wipes I keep in the car along with emergency items for the kids. I’m always driving everywhere I go. If we are out the car I just take the pouch and throw it under the stroller or so. I love a good Crossbody when I’m running around with the kids to have my hands free . I would love to own a medium large classic flap one day. Are you able to fit all of your essentials in the m/l?

Reactions: MochaJen
The WOC was my first Chanel bag, but if I could only have one, I would have the medium flap which I just purchased last month. I love my WOC but I only use it for evenings and special occasions. It serves that purpose extremely well and I don't regret it. But the M/L is much more practical. If budget isn't an issue, get the classic. If budget is concerning and you think you will use the WOC, get it and get the classic later when you can.

Reactions: toseller
Thanks everyone! You guys have given such GREAT advice. It was a resounding consensus for the classic flap! It makes sense to just buy what you love first otherwise youll just end up buying it later anyway (when it will prolly be more $ anyway).

I vote for the classic flap at least in the medium size on up. I have 2, the classic quilted and a seasonal chevron. The classic quilted is so versatile. I can use it day or night. Good luck deciding. I’m so excited for you!

Reactions: toseller