First Chanel bag: WOC or Classic flap?

toseller

May 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Im on the fence about my first ever Chanel bag purchase. WOC or Classic flap (in mini, small or med)
If you were to go back in time and could only get 1 Chanel bag, what would it be?
I don't plan to buy lots of chanel bags, probably just 1 (if I'm lucky!)

Reactions: JJBgirl
A mini or small flap. I personally don’t like woc if I were to only own one Chanel.
I think a woc is great if you already own other Chanels or you are very young (in your 20s). I struggled with wanting a Chanel bag and what I could afford for a while, and finally bit the bullet and didn’t buy any bags for a year to save up for a Chanel and got a small boy. I know that’s going to be my only Chanel for a while. But now no so secretly hunting a small reissue camera bag!!

Hi everyone,
Im on the fence about my first ever Chanel bag purchase. WOC or Classic flap (in mini, small or med)
If you were to go back in time and could only get 1 Chanel bag, what would it be?
:wave:Excitement:happydance: for you on your 1st Chanel. Hopefully you can get to a boutique to try on various sizes...proportion on you & what fits inside might be the decision maker as it IS a big decision. My best advice (since it will be your first) is to make sure you absolutely LOVE it with zero hesitation (don’t be “on the fence” about it...I think that is when people can have regret afterwards) Per your intelligent question about going back in time & only getting 1 Chanel....for me, the easy decision would be I’d get a Reissue (226 ML size) black quilt w/ ruthenium. I own this bag but it was far from being my first Chanel. When i look at my entire collection & say if I can only keep one, that would be the one because of size (daily needs), proportion on my body, classic looks & can work well with just about anything that I wear on a regular basis. BEST OF LUCK!!!!:hugs:

Classic Flap in either small or medium large. :smile: I’m not a WOC fan and would only suggest it if you know you’re getting more Chanel bags.

Word of advice: don’t settle!!! My first Chanel was a vintage chocolate bar because I wanted to save money, even though I obsessed and scrimped for almost a year over the small classic flap. So I ended up paying more to get what I really wanted. :giggle: Still love and use both but if I had to do it over, I’d get the classic flap.

Hi everyone,

Exciting times:yahoo:Have you been to a boutique to try any on yet? If you have in mind that you'd either like a CF or WOC that's a great start so perhaps go to your local Chanel, chat to the SA about what your looking for from the bag and try on the CF and WOC in different colours hardware and sizes for the CF.

If it we're me and I had the funds to buy the CF as my first Chanel then I would do that especially if you are planning on only buying one Chanel (good luck with that :lol:).

Whatever you do just make sure you go with the one that sings to your heart and whatever you do, do not compromise as you'll likely end up regretting it eventually, if it means waiting longer to save up for a CF then it's worth it.

My first Chanel was a seasonal coco loop flat which was pre-loved, I love her so much and my second was my reissue, If I had to keep one it would 100% be the reissue, it's been my dream bag for years (across all the houses!) and it's just perfect and feels so special every time I wear her :love:

Please keep us updated on your decision and you must post pics when you take the plunge :yes::tup:

Out of the ones you mentioned, I’d say get the small or medium CF (whichever size you find you prefer when you try it on). I have both the medium and the woc, and although I don’t use my medium flap as often (I use my woc as a daily bag), it gives me far more joy using it. I just think it’s more special and beautiful than the woc. For me, the woc is more practical for daily use though. If I could only choose one I’d choose the cf and get a woc from a different brand.. but ideally I’d keep both as they’re my favorite Chanels I own.
If you’re only going to get 1 Chanel, it has to be your holy grail. Get the one that makes you feel happiest :flowers:

Depends on what you need to carry with you on a daily basis. And on what occasion will you carry out a Chanel. I enjoy using both WOC and jumbo. I’m debating if I should get a medium but at the moment I don’t see a point as I can fit everything in my jumbo. You can always get a seasonal piece, the price are better too.

Reactions: toseller
Congrats on planning for your first Chanel bag! Very exciting! When I was planning for my first Chanel, I knew I wanted the medium Classic Flap and possibly a WOC. I was fortunate enough to get both of them together as my first Chanels and have since added a variety of styles, sizes and colors to my collection, including minis. Of the options you are considering, I would hands down recommend the medium CF as your first (especially if it may be your only) Chanel. I love my WOC and minis and use them a lot, but they aren't as versatile as my medium classic flaps. Though I don't have a small classic flap, it seems the medium is very heavily favored over the small size due to the negligible cost difference and the fact that the medium holds more. Besides, if you want to add a WOC or mini later, a medium classic flap will add more variety to your collection! Hopefully you can spend some time trying on a variety of styles and sizes so you can get a real feel of what speaks to you and works for you. Who knows...you may even fall for a Reissue or another style once you have a chance to try them on. GL!

Go with the size that fits your life style the best. I have a WOC and it fits my keys, phone and then a few cards in the slots built in. I prefer a bigger size that I can put my keys, card holder, phone and occasionally hold DHs wallet too!

Reactions: toseller