First Bolide: Which would you choose? 27 or 31 -- or Bolide 1923 (30 cm)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonjour!

I got a Bolide 1923-30 from my SA in Saphir Bleu Novillo PHW. She’s a beauty, but I really prefer Box leather so I just took her to a reseller last week. Never worn.

And the Rouge Casaque 27 from my DH that arrived from AFF turned out to be a malodorous bag from a year Hermès had leather supply challenges on some batches. They provided me with the original boutique purchase receipt, which I sent to my SA. He dispatched the Bolide to Paris to have it remade from fresh leather. This took eons.

When the boutique finally sent me the remade Bolide, they’d crafted her of Rouge de Cœur without notifying me of their inability to get Rouge Casaque to remake the bag in the exact original specs. Sadly, Rouge de Cœur does not have the same blue undertone as Rouge Casaque and was unacceptable to me with my skin tone. So back she went to the boutique.

I requested instead a BBK28 PHW, which was sent to me by the boutique SM after considerable effort. Since they were unable to duplicate the Bolide exactly, they applied the boutique cost of the original purchase of the malodorous 2017 Bolide as a credit toward the BBK28. Since there were four production years difference, plus Box is more than Epsom, it wasn’t a financial breakeven, as it would have been if they’d been able to remake the fresh leather Bolide in her original specs. I had quite a balance due on the BBK, but did end up with a bag I’d wanted for years.

When all was said and done, I owned but never wore, two different Bolide sizes in two different leathers; neither leather worked for me, so I am still without a Bolide! I am actively seeking one in a color and leather I love.
Wow! That’s quite a story! Sorry to hear about all the drama. I would take that as a Bolide was not meant for me. I’m glad you got something that was on your wishlist without having to pay resellers prices or H bait.

Could you share what years there were production problems with the bolide? I was actually looking at one from AFF!

Bonjour!

I got a Bolide 1923-30 from my SA in Saphir Bleu Novillo PHW. She’s a beauty, but I really prefer Box leather so I just took her to a reseller last week. Never worn.

And the Rouge Casaque 27 from my DH that arrived from AFF turned out to be a malodorous bag from a year Hermès had leather supply challenges on some batches. They provided me with the original boutique purchase receipt, which I sent to my SA. He dispatched the Bolide to Paris to have it remade from fresh leather. This took eons.

When the boutique finally sent me the remade Bolide, they’d crafted her of Rouge de Cœur without notifying me of their inability to get Rouge Casaque to remake the bag in the exact original specs. Sadly, Rouge de Cœur does not have the same blue undertone as Rouge Casaque and was unacceptable to me with my skin tone. So back she went to the boutique.

I requested instead a BBK28 PHW, which was sent to me by the boutique SM after considerable effort. Since they were unable to duplicate the Bolide exactly, they applied the boutique cost of the original purchase of the malodorous 2017 Bolide as a credit toward the BBK28. Since there were four production years difference, plus Box is more than Epsom, it wasn’t a financial breakeven, as it would have been if they’d been able to remake the fresh leather Bolide in her original specs. I had quite a balance due on the BBK, but did end up with a bag I’d wanted for years.

When all was said and done, I owned but never wore, two different Bolide sizes in two different leathers; neither leather worked for me, so I am still without a Bolide! I am actively seeking one in a color and leather I love.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Closing this thread now since your question has been answered otherwise it'll go OT

Status
Not open for further replies.