First Birkin - help

Sneal

Mar 28, 2017
Hello! I’m wanting to get my first Birkin. I’m torn between etain with rose gold hardware, etain with gold hardware, or gold with gold hardware. Is rose gold too trendy? Any other tips for a newbie? I would be purchasing from resellers

All things equal among those choices (leather, size) I would pick the etain with rose gold. I did not ever think rose gold is trendy. When looking at jewelries, the more common metal colors are gold, white, yellow and rose/pink.
Gold on gold is always a classic and always a good option but it's something that is relatively easier to get down the road.

Reactions: Sneal
All things equal among those choices (leather, size) I would pick the etain with rose gold. I did not ever think rose gold is trendy. When looking at jewelries, the more common metal colors are gold, white, yellow and rose/pink.
Gold on gold is always a classic and always a good option but it's something that is relatively easier to get down the road.
Thank you so much!!!

Hello! I’m wanting to get my first Birkin. I’m torn between etain with rose gold hardware, etain with gold hardware, or gold with gold hardware. Is rose gold too trendy? Any other tips for a newbie? I would be purchasing from resellers

Not trendy at all, the opposite! Rose gold is so timeless and so classic and it's great that it is more readily available lately. I bought the rose gold iPhone several years ago when it first came out. This year, a rose gold Rolex and 2 Hermès bracelets with rose gold. :smile: And I wear all three metals at the same time. Unfortunately, no newbie tips as I am working on my first Birkin as well (I told my SA any color hardware!).

Good luck!

All great choices! I'd say go with what's in your heart. Does one make it flutter more than the other? If all feeling is equal, I'd agree with odette57 that the gold on gold is a classic and may be easier to get later. :flowers:

• Love
Not trendy at all, the opposite! Rose gold is so timeless and so classic and it's great that it is more readily available lately. I bought the rose gold iPhone several years ago when it first came out. This year, a rose gold Rolex and 2 Hermès bracelets with rose gold. :smile: And I wear all three metals at the same time. Unfortunately, no newbie tips as I am working on my first Birkin as well (I told my SA any color hardware!).

Good luck!
Support rose gold B and rose gold Rolex. Rose gold is so timeless. (╹◡╹)

• Love
Reactions: Sneal and AdidaB
My first was gold with gold hardware. I love it.
All great choices! I'd say go with what's in your heart. Does one make it flutter more than the other? If all feeling is equal, I'd agree with odette57 that the gold on gold is a classic and may be easier to get later. :flowers:

hi all, i see that some of you have mentioned gold on gold is easier to get and was wondering why that would be? I have been waiting to get my B30 gold on gold for over a year now and there is still not sign of it! Any tips as to how best to secure a gold and gold?

hi all, i see that some of you have mentioned gold on gold is easier to get and was wondering why that would be? I have been waiting to get my B30 gold on gold for over a year now and there is still not sign of it! Any tips as to how best to secure a gold and gold?
Gold with GHW isn't easy to get but it's a classic combination that is produced every season. RGHW is produced more sporadically and only with certain leather colors, so it's not guaranteed you can find the combination of etain+rose gold a few years down the road.