Finding Your Roots - PBS

Came in during the middle of this episode. Diddy made me tear up when he found out his ancestors were slaves. LL had some weird stuff in common with his ancestors! The boxing thing and then seeing someone shot at a weird age. So uncanny. Also completely amazing that his ancestors were free people way back to the early 1800s, and probably even before that. Bummed I missed the original stuff when his mom found out she was adopted. Will have to see if I can catch it on repeat.

It is on line.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/finding-your-roots/family-reunions-full-episode/15382/

Interesting to learn about this show.
It would be wonderful to have an Australian equivalent for this show, not only for all the newer arrivals to this country, from all over the world, but also for those of us who had ancestors shipped here as convicts.
These people, the poorest in Britain, would not have had great records, particularly of births. These people often worked for wealthy (perhaps as maids before being pinged on accusations of theft ) or were literally starving in the street before being sent to Australia.
I always joke to my husband that he is what happened when the Romans rolled into Britain - he has the perfect Roman nose!

Interesting to learn about this show.
It would be wonderful to have an Australian equivalent for this show, not only for all the newer arrivals to this country, from all over the world, but also for those of us who had ancestors shipped here as convicts.
These people, the poorest in Britain, would not have had great records, particularly of births. These people often worked for wealthy (perhaps as maids before being pinged on accusations of theft ) or were literally starving in the street before being sent to Australia.
I always joke to my husband that he is what happened when the Romans rolled into Britain - he has the perfect Roman nose!

While Finding Your Roots is a different show, they do have a Who Do You Think You Are Australian equivalent. I've watched MANY of the episodes on Youtube when they post them, but if you are in Australia, you should be able to watch back shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Do_You_Think_You_Are?_(Australian_TV_series)

Reactions: uhpharm01
Ru looks exactly like my vet who is a white dude.
I had my DNA done myself and no real surprise, the only minus is all the people who are
contacting you. :lol:
Did anyone get their DNA done here?

Reactions: uhpharm01