finally! my metallic gold gaucho is here!

heh, thanks so much for all the lovely comments ladies! it's pretty much convinced me that i made the right choice in choosing the gold over the red (although i'd still very much want another gaucho in red)

that said, i saw the silver version of it today and it looks gorgeous too, very understated and subtle for the brown/silver. it's very pretty and it's well worth a mention if anyone is considering of buying a gaucho in the silver tone.

thanks ladies, for all the comments!

and shyloo, i don't think the size is any different. i bought the gold gaucho sight unseen (well i got my mom to buy it for me and have her mail it over to me, because i don't have a dior here) and according to her feedback (because she was there comparing the red & gold medium gauchos), the strap to the gold one appeared shorter.

i'm not too sure about that, but i do know for certain that the leather is stiffer for the gold gaucho. the red one is much much softer and slouchier. but otherwise, i think it's the same size. maybe it's the stiffness of the gold gaucho that makes it look taller. :shrugs:

I am thinking of buying a black gaucho to use everyday. The gold looks gorgeous but I am wondering if black might be better for me to use daily as I work from home and need an everday handbag to go to the bank and shops. Does anyone have a suggestion for which might be the better colour?

I am thinking of buying a black gaucho to use everyday. The gold looks gorgeous but I am wondering if black might be better for me to use daily as I work from home and need an everday handbag to go to the bank and shops. Does anyone have a suggestion for which might be the better colour?

leather-wise, i think the black has a softer leather. it may be because of the way dior treated the leather for the metallic colours, hence the added stiffness for the leather on the gold gaucho. it is scratchy too (because of the "washed" look) and sometimes i find that when i pull out the bag from the dustbag, some fibres of the dustbag gets snagged onto the gaucho. :Push: plus, there are little flecks of gold sparkles on top of the gold colour itself and these little specks sometimes get transfered onto my clothes (especially when i wear wool or a more textured fabric), and the interior of the bag itself. it's no big deal though, much like getting the odd gold sparkle on yourself from those glitter dusting powders.

taking those into consideration, the gold may not suit the office so much. but it is a gorgeous bag, in terms of the colour, definitely not a showy kinda gold but more muted.

the black one on the other hand is perhaps a "safer" option. but in the practical sense, it's probably a better choice. matches anything, stains or scratches wouldn't show up too easily, all in all, easier to maintain perhaps and it wouldn't leave you with a panicky feeling everytime someone bumps into your on the streets (i should know, i felt this jolt of "owwww" everytime someone knocked into me hard, or hear a scraping sound near my gaucho).

leather-wise, i think the black has a softer leather. it may be because of the way dior treated the leather for the metallic colours, hence the added stiffness for the leather on the gold gaucho. it is scratchy too (because of the "washed" look) and sometimes i find that when i pull out the bag from the dustbag, some fibres of the dustbag gets snagged onto the gaucho. :Push: plus, there are little flecks of gold sparkles on top of the gold colour itself and these little specks sometimes get transfered onto my clothes (especially when i wear wool or a more textured fabric), and the interior of the bag itself. it's no big deal though, much like getting the odd gold sparkle on yourself from those glitter dusting powders.

taking those into consideration, the gold may not suit the office so much. but it is a gorgeous bag, in terms of the colour, definitely not a showy kinda gold but more muted.

the black one on the other hand is perhaps a "safer" option. but in the practical sense, it's probably a better choice. matches anything, stains or scratches wouldn't show up too easily, all in all, easier to maintain perhaps and it wouldn't leave you with a panicky feeling everytime someone bumps into your on the streets (i should know, i felt this jolt of "owwww" everytime someone knocked into me hard, or hear a scraping sound near my gaucho).

I agree...black is more versatile, but if you feel like you have too many black bags then choose a different color.....Whenever my bag gets banged around, I feel the pain too!!!:crybaby: :crybaby: