Fenwicks

I bought the regular Silky Snake Alexa but I'm going to return her tomorrow. I've been dithering about her for months and have the silky snake purse already, which I love, but my lust for the cookies took over. Then when I saw her in HoF, I thought it was meant to be.

But I got her home and tried her with various outfits but I don't think she's really me and she doesn't make my heart flutter like the cookies do, so she's going back tomorrow. At least I know that I would never have regret that I missed out on her. Oh well, good for my bank balance!

A gorgeous bag but you're right to return her if she's not for you, it's a lot of money to spend even in the sale! What colour is she and do you mind me asking how much you paid?

It was the nightshade blue and she was 20% off, so £760. She is so beautiful but I can't put my finger on why I think she doesn't suit me :shrugs:

As I went at lunchtime, from work, I was wearing a smart checked dress when I tried her in HoF today, so I knew I didn't have the right outfit to test her out in the shop anyway but convinced myself that she'll be fine when I get home and try her on with other outfits :amuse: Never mind!

Cupcake2008 said:
It was the nightshade blue and she was 20% off, so £760. She is so beautiful but I can't put my finger on why I think she doesn't suit me :shrugs:

As I went at lunchtime, from work, I was wearing a smart checked dress when I tried her in HoF today, so I knew I didn't have the right outfit to test her out in the shop anyway but convinced myself that she'll be fine when I get home and try her on with other outfits :amuse: Never mind!

Ahhh such a shame but as you said its good that you bought her and tried and you would have always been thinking what if... Maybe you can get something else in the sale...?!? :biggrin:

She is beautiful but by returning her you'll have more money for something else!!
I feel like that about the lily, although I love to admire other people's I don't really think she suits me!

...something else in the sales!!! Ok, I have a confession - I found an oak Cookie lily in the sales yesterday and I got her! So now I have all three cookie lilys! After my shopping trip, I drove into my drive and my boyfriend pulled up! I pretended I'd been working late, not late night shopping and left oak cookie in the boot of my car! I needed to get bf out of the way, so I could sneak lily in as I definitely wasn't going to leave her in the boot all night. So, I ordered pizza for us, with one of those collection only deals and asked him to go and pick it up :P

...something else in the sales!!! Ok, I have a confession - I found an oak Cookie lily in the sales yesterday and I got her! So now I have all three cookie lilys! After my shopping trip, I drove into my drive and my boyfriend pulled up! I pretended I'd been working late, not late night shopping and left oak cookie in the boot of my car! I needed to get bf out of the way, so I could sneak lily in as I definitely wasn't going to leave her in the boot all night. So, I ordered pizza for us, with one of those collection only deals and asked him to go and pick it up :P

Cupcake... You are my hero!!! :giggles:

Haha that made me giggle!! Reveal? How do you find the silky snake purse, it looks very sophisticated. I really don't know how I m going to conceal my purchases!!!

Cupcake2008 said:

Shopping by stealth......love it! Hats off to you for thinking on your feet!

Cupcake2008 said:

Love this! You sound just like me!! Sometimes you have to be sneaky!

Haha that made me giggle!! Reveal? How do you find the silky snake purse, it looks very sophisticated. I really don't know how I m going to conceal my purchases!!!

I will do a reveal at the weekend! The SS purse is the best purse I have ever had!! The continental long locked style is so roomy and I can fit in so much. The SS is just beautiful. I often have my purse just sitting on my desk at work and I often just look over to admire :love: I've had her for three months and I still do this! She did feel a bit papery to start off with but I treat her with Collonil regularly and she's been perfect.

Shopping by stealth......love it! Hats off to you for thinking on your feet!

Love this! You sound just like me!! Sometimes you have to be sneaky!

I was quite impressed with myself too :P Some people just don't understand, so it's just easier not to go there at all!

This morning was bad too, getting out of bed before 6am, with the excuse of not sleeping very well! And then making all the racket I could to get him up and out of the door before 8am, so I could call Selfridges! :smile:

Now that I've done my duty and revealed my sale purchases, I can sit back, relax, and admire (drool over) other people's goodies - and I must say I'm really looking forward to Cupcake's Cookies!

Daisylou said:
I told my friend about the cookie sbs in ochre.....before this seasons bags were released she saw a photo of this bag in a magazine and ripped it out, she carried it around in her purse until she went to London for her 40th birthday, she went into the London M.store to purchase the bag but they said they had never seen one and she wouldnt be able to find it as it sold out very fast!! She was disappointed but bought the bag in pebbled biege (which she has still not used!)

Anyway thank you so much Cupcake for the tip off because she has now bought the Cookie in ochre and is over the moon!!:woohoo:

I somehow missed this. I'm so pleased for your friend, Daisylou, and pleased that i could help. She was willing to pay full price and now she has it with 25% off! Has she received it yet? I hope it's everything she expected and more! X

I somehow missed this. I'm so pleased for your friend, Daisylou, and pleased that i could help. She was willing to pay full price and now she has it with 25% off! Has she received it yet? I hope it's everything she expected and more! X

Thank you. Hopefully it will be with her today.....can't wait to see it!!

Haha I just love this!! Wow, another cookie, congrats to you. Looking forward to a reveal and a family photo :smile: