Fendi 'strap you' on Hermes bags

bspcc87

Jan 9, 2012
Hi everyone

I recently bought a Fendi bag strap and intend to use it on my Kelly bag. The length of the strap is perfect for my height. Can I get some opinions of what you guys think ? Do u think it is ok to use a Fendi strap on a Hermes bag? I think it actually adds character to my bag nut just wanna hear what some of you think . My Kelly is in palladium hardware and the Fendi strap is in ghw. The Colours of the strap are not matching as well. Do let me know what u guys think ?! Thank you

Mmm, not sure but I would only use Hermès straps for Hermès bags but that's me.
I don't have experience using a non H. strap on a H. bag, so I hope that others who have experience with this can chime in ;).

Since you are asking others opinions, sorry that i would only use H strap what matching HW and leather color.... Otherwise it may look a little "off" if you know what I mean. What happened to the original strap?

I don't see why not, unless you are a stickler about having leathers, hardware, and brand all matching. My preference is to use whatever strap and accessories that was made for that particular bag, because I know everything "fits" together correctly, but for vintage Kellys that didn't come with straps, you may not have a choice. I have a vintage 35cm Kelly, and the strap that came with it, along with my other Kelly straps, is too short to use comfortably. So if I use a strap with that Kelly, it's usually a Coach strap or my Evelyne strap, neither of which look right with the Kelly but are a useful length. The only thing I'd worry about with a non-H or non-Kelly strap is the size and shape of the clasp. You don't want to have to force the clasp onto the rings and end up with scratched hardware or leather.

If it fits right and you feel happy doing that, just do it. :smile: If you change your mind later, you can just take it off. It's just a bag strap. Have fun! ;)

P.s. I like those straps. They're very colorful. Which one that you got?

Reactions: SPA
I love the new colorful Fendi straps and think it's a great idea personally, I'm considering it myself. It's a much better price than buying an H strap separately and paying through the nose for it if you don't already have one for your K, or just as a fun alternative. In other words, I say go for it!!!

I saw these straps on IG and quickly scrolled away..... I didn't scoll fast enough bc I saw a python/snake looking strap with green and pink on an Etain Kelly :wtf: .... it completely ruined the classic Hermes look IMHO (sorry for being so blunt... I mean no offense)

Last edited:
I saw these straps on IG and quickly scrolled away..... I didn't scoll fast enough bc I saw a python/snake looking strap with green and pink on an Etain Kelly :wtf: .... it completely ruined the classic Hermes look IMHO (sorry for being so blunt... I mean no offense)

Oh my..I guess I should've looked up the Fendi straps before I answered! I don't know if I'd do a multicolored exotic strap with a Kelly, but to each their own.

I like some of these and think the right strap with the right bag would be very cool, for example the white jeweled one on a red or pink Kelly could be fun and unique. Which strap did you get? Pics?

I have seen a pale blue/dark orange leather strap on a turquoise Kelly and it looked fun. I agree the length is perfect and the width is more comfortable than H's narrower strap. IMO there is no right or wrong. If you like how it looks, by all means.