Fendi Baguette still popular?

What do you all think of the Fendi baguette?
Is it still popular or is the famous purple one or sequence one the popular one?

I am thinking of getting this handbag but I don't see anyone really talk about or see it on anyone.
Do you think it will eventually go out?

https://www.fendi.com/gb-en/8BS017A72VF1JCJ.html
The Baguette was one of the original "it" bags in the 90s and early 2000s (it is considered the first "it" bag by some sources). It has a history that has been cleverly marketed over and over again recently to reassert that the bag is a true classic. It had its 25th anniversary recently which came with amazing new iterations like the Tiffany Baguette. I think this trumps any recent marketing attempts of pseudo-classic bags (essentially bags that were launched recently which claim to be classics although they have no tenure to prove it).

That being said, if you truly like the bag, then get it. If you don't, and are only considering bags that are seen on others or bags that people talk about the most, then maybe the Baguette isn't for you.

I still like the regular baguette as well as the mama baguette styles. I'm not so much into beads or sequins, but the regular design still appeal to me as a handbag style. But at these new prices, you really have to be IN LOVE with a piece to shell out so much money.

Still love the Fendi Baguette... still haven't added one to my collection yet. :smile:

I went off the deep end with Fendi Spy bags a while ago, so that's my "ode to Fendi".

Reactions: Grande Latte
I personally really like them! Im definitely considering purchasing a sequin or metallic-y one! I don’t like the classic brown and black monogram ones, I’m not a fan of brown! The new ones that are monochromatic are super cute!

Reactions: Minimalist_Chic
Hey baguette girlies! I just got my first baguette and just unwrapped it and noticed on the longer strap that it doesn’t appear to be one continuous piece. Is this normal for baguettes?

View attachment 5752537
I’m wondering this too! Just got a baguette from Fashionphile where the strap has the stitching like yours. My baguette purchased directly from Fendi does not have the stitching and is just one continuous piece. Where did you get yours from?

Hey baguette girlies! I just got my first baguette and just unwrapped it and noticed on the longer strap that it doesn’t appear to be one continuous piece. Is this normal for baguettes?

View attachment 5752537

I’m wondering this too! Just got a baguette from Fashionphile where the strap has the stitching like yours. My baguette purchased directly from Fendi does not have the stitching and is just one continuous piece. Where did you get yours from?
Yes, that is normal. I have a nappy leather baguette in the same size purchased from a Fendi boutique within Saks.