Fendi Baguette still popular?

I believe it’s a classic bag at this point. Buy it without hesitation if you love it. However, it’s not an everyday bag, as nappa leather is very soft and corners get scuffed super fast. Now I use my baguette only few times a year.

Reactions: Pinkpilates
Corners on my baguette started to show wear after about 3 month, while corners of my YSL Lou remained pristine for almost 3 years of everyday wear. Baguette leather is very soft and delicate.
Wow this is great to know! I have a ysl puffer in white and the corners show wear after a couple months also so I want to get a back I can not worry about as much. I might have to look into the Loulou. I love the baguette but need something I can use daily

I've been waiting for a midnight blue bag with shw to come along for quite some time. Apart from a The Row bag I've bought no bags for a few years.

Saw the new baguette and was sold. It just arrived and the magnet has been fixed on crooked which is ok except it's pulling the flap lopsided. Also there's a cut/peel in the leather on the flap.

Not impressed with the quality at all. I have older Fendi bags (5/6 years) and they're perfect, particularly their selleria range.

The other point to note is that the hardware on the short handle will rub continuously against the flap.

Attachments

• IMG_5902.jpeg
    IMG_5902.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5903.jpeg
    IMG_5903.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5904.jpeg
    IMG_5904.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Wow
Reactions: averagejoe
I've been waiting for a midnight blue bag with shw to come along for quite some time. Apart from a The Row bag I've bought no bags for a few years.

Saw the new baguette and was sold. It just arrived and the magnet has been fixed on crooked which is ok except it's pulling the flap lopsided. Also there's a cut/peel in the leather on the flap.

Not impressed with the quality at all. I have older Fendi bags (5/6 years) and they're perfect, particularly their selleria range.

The other point to note is that the hardware on the short handle will rub continuously against the flap.
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this exact bag. I love the navy and the sellaria leather. Now I’m a little worried. Did you bring the bag back?

Reactions: BlueCherry
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this exact bag. I love the navy and the sellaria leather. Now I’m a little worried. Did you bring the bag back?

I sent it straight back and didn't re-order. But I did buy a Céline Romy in tan instead 😂

Fingers crossed yours will be fine and they didn't put mine back into circulation. Do let us know as I still love the bag :flowers:

My Fendi Baguette in black nappa is my most used bag in my whole collection. I use it constantly for the past year and shows no sign of corner wear. I would buy another if they would bring more colors out in the large.

Reactions: theyokohamalife
Looking for some advice, never owned a Fendi bag before, does anybody have any experience with the Silver Leather Crystal FF bag. I liked the mini Baguette but it's sold out online in the UK, just noticed tonight the Mon Tresor in the crystal. It's for my birthday at the end of the month. Worried if this will hold up well, don't want to lose crystals. After reading through the baguette thread some real issues with wear and tear on the leather and sequin bags.