Fendi bag is sucks

Thank you so much for hour reply, averagejoe!
My bag is in smooth calf with python trimmings, so does not sound like too much of a risk.
I was surprised that color peel would even happen with Fendi at all!
Now I look forward to carry my new baby with joy!
Here she is - I detached the fob, but you get the picture [emoji1][emoji106]
View attachment 4149428
Wow what a beautiful bag!

The python handles won't peel, but be careful not to rub them too much. The scales may show some lifting at the edges over time. This is typical of python skin, regardless of the brand.

Yeah I'm surprised to hear of Fendi leather peeling. Not that it cannot happen, but it is unusual to hear given my own experience with their brand. In the case of the black 2Jours with the peeling handles, it looks like the peeling happens at the top of the handle where sweat from the palms can damage the integrity of the leather. Combined with rubbing and the heavily finish on top of the leather, it is probably more likely to peel. In the other case, it is an online listing so we don't know what the bag was exposed to. I don't think it is a quality issue in both cases.

Wow what a beautiful bag!

Yeah I'm surprised to hear of Fendi leather peeling. Not that it cannot happen, but it is unusual to hear given my own experience with their brand. In the case of the black 2Jours with the peeling handles, it looks like the peeling happens at the top of the handle where sweat from the palms can damage the integrity of the leather. Combined with rubbing and the heavily finish on top of the leather, it is probably more likely to peel.

I am surprised that this is not considered a quality issue given that the handles are where hands are expected to touch the product with hands that are /rubbed/lotioned/with sweat/etc and where contact with the product is the most intense for any handbag with handles. That is what handles are for.

I am surprised that this is not considered a quality issue given that the handles are where hands are expected to touch the product with hands that are /rubbed/lotioned/with sweat/etc and where contact with the product is the most intense for any handbag with handles. That is what handles are for.
Isn't that a design issue, then? For instance, some luxury bags have python handles. Using python skin on the handles will mean that the scales will lift much more heavily over time. The hands will also take away the dying and/or hand-painted finish on the python handles. But this doesn't mean that the product has bad quality. It just means the design should not have included python handles if the brand intended the bag to look pristine after heavy use.

There are times when leather is lower quality. For example, heavily refinished leathers are low quality because the leather has several blemishes, so it is sanded down to remove the blemishes, and then refinished with substances to make it look like a full grain leather. These leathers feel plasticky, and crack and fall off in chunks over time with heavy use, because the leather itself is very thin and the non-leather finish on top is much thicker than it should be on a leather product.

The Fendi Elite leather is not like this.

Isn't that a design issue, then? But this doesn't mean that the product has bad quality. It just means the design should not have included python handles if the brand intended the bag to look pristine after heavy use.
So what you are saying is the Quality Control department does not speak to or work with the design team. I don't buy it. The materials used should take into account the way the product will be used. Quality Control should do lunch with the design department to talk about the thousands we pay for quality, whether it is reinforced corners, good hardware, and yes, the appropriate material finishing for handbag handles. Blaming the victim for purchasing below quality luxury brand items only serves to turn customers away from the label. Why is it that women should be expected to accept inferior designer purchases.

What would be the outcome if we were talking about a wallet?

No Disrespect Meant To Any Individual -

Last edited:
I have the same issue on my 2jour black.The peeling is at the base of the handles.It is not much but is there.I purchased the bag second hand and the precious’s owner have put 2 Fandi scarves on the handles to protect the handles.The peeling is little but is there.I took the bag to Fendi but no help was offered.Strange as I have many LV gags and SLG and always got a proper help if I had any issues.I was quiet disappointed but it is what it is.I leave in Dubai and will not look for a cobbler here as I do t trust them but when I go back to Bulgaria will check to see if I can get some help there.
The bag is beautiful but this should not happen with Fendi leather...this bag retails for above 2200 usd...( I believe this is Safiano leather and suppose to be very durable).

My 2jour black large bag has peeling all at the base of the handles, as well on the clasp to close the bag. I now only can wear it with the shoulder strap. Also, while I do use the bag quite often and to travel, an of the Saffiiano type leather on the front of the bag has bubbled up a bit (size of a dime) and is about to peel. Very sad about this as my YSL sac de jour etc. has never had problems :sad: Was hoping someone had a solution without having to send it in to a cobbler.

View attachment 3919219
I just bought Kan I bag as Christmas gift from me to me. Costs $2250 + tax at Bloomingdales . I loved color so much but interior lining was light beige (almost off white) . So I decide to exchange to another kan I bag but darker interior lining .
However SA said that there were couple of stain inside and suede lining on the flap already dirty .
I swear that I did not use , not even tried what would fits inside . I just open flap and check inside . That is all. The bag was display model and there was black mark outside when I checked but SA cleaned for me . I assume that stain inside was made by someone else at store.
I know I was naive that did not check inside carefully .
Anyway the bag went to cleaning , which is within warranty .
What I want to say here is that ladies and gentleman , be careful to buy bags . Sadly you need to check everything before you take home. Otherwise they don’t exchange
Never ever buy a light color lining , it get so dirty even you are not use it yet.
Don’t buy display model . Always ask new from back room.
How is the bag holding up? I love it, but the light interior does worry me. Still , I find it beautiful.