Feeling Sad... Hangtag Fell Off Rogue

I'm starting to wonder if there is an issue w/ the 1941 hangtags... not only did I lose one the first time I used my tea rose saddle, I finally opened my Mickey 1941 Dinkys to use in Disney last week. The tan one was fine, but the black one was missing the 1941 tag :sad: I'm assuming someone used and returned it and lost the tag somewhere along the way. I emailed Coach about it, but have yet to receive a response... Very disappointing!!!

Reactions: katev and JVSXOXO
I'm starting to wonder if there is an issue w/ the 1941 hangtags... not only did I lose one the first time I used my tea rose saddle, I finally opened my Mickey 1941 Dinkys to use in Disney last week. The tan one was fine, but the black one was missing the 1941 tag :sad: I'm assuming someone used and returned it and lost the tag somewhere along the way. I emailed Coach about it, but have yet to receive a response... Very disappointing!!!

I only have 1941 bags from Coach (my two rogues) so I don't know if these hang tags are any different than others but both have fallen off. If my husband hadn't seen it happen and picked up the tag from my black rogue, both of them would be gone.

Reactions: katev

I only have 1941 bags from Coach (my two rogues) so I don't know if these hang tags are any different than others but both have fallen off. If my husband hadn't seen it happen and picked up the tag from my black rogue, both of them would be gone.

The 1941 hangtags are thicker and heavier than some of the other hangtags and sometimes they get tangled up with the leather thong from the keyhood - so those may be contributing factors. I just know that it happened to me too, but I got lucky and heard it fall. I hadn't snagged it on anything, I just picked up the bag and it dropped off. The ball chain was open and still draped over the hardware, even though I had previously used a pliers to tighten the clasp!

As I've mentioned before, I am now using a double chain system that may look a little busy, but it makes me feel a bit more secure.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...tion-what-do-you-think-of-this-method.972857/

Last edited:
Reactions: JVSXOXO
Coach needs to make these more secure, mine just randomly fell off my Coach link Dinky yesterday - it was only the third time I've used it. Had never unclasped or futzed with it, and it had not been pulled or anything. Thankfully I saw it when it happened, so it wasn't lost.

I think the metal portion of the 1941 hang tag is the issue. The clasp can get “stuck or held”in the metal hole portion and when we move around, if the clasp is stuck/held in the hole, it makes it easier for it to snap open/unlock the chain from the clasp. I hope this makes sense.

I have a solution ladies!! The hangtag fell off my Coach camera bag at a wedding but my niece was behind me and picked it up. It happened again another time but I heard it drop that time. That hangtag is unique for the camera bag I have too because it has a little flower. I’d have been devastated had I lost it. I went to a Coach store and they could only offer to give me another little chain but they didn’t have the right color. Anyway, I took a tiny drop of Gorilla glue and put it in the little opening where the chain latches and it’s held solid ever since. A tiny bit of the glue shows but I’d rather have that and the piece of mind it won’t fall off again than worry and lose it. I’m sure crazy glue would work just as well. Here’s a photo for reference. Hope that helps!
IMG_3770.jpg

I have a solution ladies!! The hangtag fell off my Coach camera bag at a wedding but my niece was behind me and picked it up. It happened again another time but I heard it drop that time. That hangtag is unique for the camera bag I have too because it has a little flower. I’d have been devastated had I lost it. I went to a Coach store and they could only offer to give me another little chain but they didn’t have the right color. Anyway, I took a tiny drop of Gorilla glue and put it in the little opening where the chain latches and it’s held solid ever since. A tiny bit of the glue shows but I’d rather have that and the piece of mind it won’t fall off again than worry and lose it. I’m sure crazy glue would work just as well. Here’s a photo for reference. Hope that helps!
View attachment 4191246
Here's an added idea....use a black sharpie and color the glue to Match.....if you are feeling creative they actually have a silver sharpie and if u kinda of use them in tandem it will match the gunmetal black chain......

Reactions: Sarah03 and katev
Here's an added idea....use a black sharpie and color the glue to Match.....if you are feeling creative they actually have a silver sharpie and if u kinda of use them in tandem it will match the gunmetal black chain......
Thanks for the tip. The glue showing doesn't bother me, the chain turns so that part isn't showing when I'm using it, but good advice for anyone else that that might bother!

There is a chalk/python dark shiny gunmetal hardware hangtag for sale on Poshmark, but they are asking $40 plus shipping and that is kind of pricey IMO, but it is a rare item:

https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-1941-Hangtag-5b395b38f63eea444d2137b5

Thanks for sharing! It's definitely a cute tag that would make for a nice accent on my bag but I wouldn't pay that much. I ended up finding one I'm happy with :smile:

View attachment 4191246

That's a great idea! My husband was just using Gorilla Glue to fix something the other day so I know we have it. I may give it a try!

Also a great idea!

I totally think hangtag is an issue with the 1941. I have several Coach bags from the early 90s that still have the hangtag with the original ball and chain. The one on my 1941 saddlebag kept falling off and I finally lost it for good. I luckily went to the Coach store at the mall and they by luck had a 1941 that matched. Well close enough I could tell the leather was from a different dye lot. The other day the hangtag fell off again, but in the house. I am going to use the gorilla glue and fishing line. Coach has to know this is an issue and avoiding the voice of the customer. Make replacement hangtags available and use a better ball and chain.

My friend has an Edie, the one with the chain straps, and her metal hangtag has fallen off twice. Luckily she has found it both times and we live near a coach shop so they’ve fixed it for her.

I used a small piece of clear packing tape and wound several times around the metal piece that the ball chain snaps into. Keeps the ball chain from inadvertently popping out and losing the hang tag but is not permanent like glue or pinching the metal piece should I ever want to remove the hang tag. Works well. IMG_3611.jpg