Feeling Regret with Rhino

Marshmello

Oct 26, 2022
Hello everyone. I just wanted to vent a little. I did my rhinoplasty a week ago and since getting the cast off, I feel as if I look completely different and unrecognizable. I got silicone implant, tip plasty, and alar reduction. I feel I don’t look like myself and that the bridge is too wide. My eyes look sorta weird and seems like they’re a bit too elongated towards the center. I can’t help but want to cry after seeing myself in the mirror.

Should I get a revision? I’m no longer in korea. I really want to get rid of the implant but because I did alar reduction and tip plasty, i’m afraid the result would only look weirder than after the post-op.

rhino is one of the procedures where the swelling is the least obvious but not any less worse than the other procedures, so it makes you look like you're going to look like that when normal. i was unhappy after BOTH my primary and revisions but ended up liking them. what are you unhappy about?

I'm really sorry to hear that :sad: do you think you can share the name of the clinic you went to?
so sorry to hear that.....I want to know the clinic that u went to~~
As the other replies said, it’s too early to judge. And honestly yea it was too early to judge. I think I’ll wait about a month or two to decide if I don’t like it. At first the swelling was really bad so I just panicked. I guess I wasn’t mentally prepared to see my nose after taking the cast off looooolll. I’ll try to post a proper review at around the one or two month mark.

rhino is one of the procedures where the swelling is the least obvious but not any less worse than the other procedures, so it makes you look like you're going to look like that when normal. i was unhappy after BOTH my primary and revisions but ended up liking them. what are you unhappy about?
You are def right about this. The moment I took off my cast I looked like an avatar character. I didn’t realize it was due to swelling. I went through a depressive episode only to find out it was completely normal to swell up so much. I’ll wait it out. Now that a few days has passed I look less like an avatar. Swelling is still definitely there. I’ll just keep in mind that this is not the end result and wait it out.

You are def right about this. The moment I took off my cast I looked like an avatar character. I didn’t realize it was due to swelling. I went through a depressive episode only to find out it was completely normal to swell up so much. I’ll wait it out. Now that a few days has passed I look less like an avatar. Swelling is still definitely there. I’ll just keep in mind that this is not the end result and wait it out.
Hi Im in a similar situation. Just got my cast off and I look like an avatar character too... I really dont like my new nose atm, even tho its only a week after. Did your nose eventually get better?

If you go and ask in realself it wont even let you ask the question if it’s less than 6 months. Usually you need to wait 6months to 1 year to re-evaluate if you need revision. It takes longer for people with thick skin for the swelling to be gone.

Reactions: tweedledee
Hi Im in a similar situation. Just got my cast off and I look like an avatar character too... I really dont like my new nose atm, even tho its only a week after. Did your nose eventually get better?
Yes it did. I was so worried for nothing. It’s been about 4 months and it looks great. I’ll be honest, the first month and a half will be hard. Just hang in there. If anything you can wear a mask when you’re out in public lol. And one week is wayyy too early to determine the results.

Yes it did. I was so worried for nothing. It’s been about 4 months and it looks great. I’ll be honest, the first month and a half will be hard. Just hang in there. If anything you can wear a mask when you’re out in public lol. And one week is wayyy too early to determine the results.
Thanks for this. I was panicking and even messaged my clinic if I can replace my implant with a smaller one. My radix and starting point seems way too elevated for my face, it looks like my nose starts from my forehead. Is it possible you can send me photos and see how your nose changed? Its fine if u dont wanna do that tho

Also did you go to ILAC by any chance? I went to ILAC too

Thanks for this. I was panicking and even messaged my clinic if I can replace my implant with a smaller one. My radix and starting point seems way too elevated for my face, it looks like my nose starts from my forehead. Is it possible you can send me photos and see how your nose changed? Its fine if u dont wanna do that tho
I watch a reel for those who should not undergo rhinoplasty
1. Those who have unrealistic expectations
2. Those who are impatient
3. Difficult patient

▶️ Watch this reel https://www.facebook.com/share/r/FU7dTmTcmoxiyFsN/?mibextid=V8fS2O

Hello everyone. I just wanted to vent a little. I did my rhinoplasty a week ago and since getting the cast off, I feel as if I look completely different and unrecognizable. I got silicone implant, tip plasty, and alar reduction. I feel I don’t look like myself and that the bridge is too wide. My eyes look sorta weird and seems like they’re a bit too elongated towards the center. I can’t help but want to cry after seeing myself in the mirror.

Should I get a revision? I’m no longer in korea. I really want to get rid of the implant but because I did alar reduction and tip plasty, i’m afraid the result would only look weirder than after the post-op.
Oh, really??

I am planning for the primary rhinoplasty early next year, bit scared to hear that though from my friends experience, most of them are swelling, will subcide after 2-3 months.