Feeling blah about LV...

I personally am not a fan of Balenciaga's- I think they're overpriced and there are sooo many copies made by everyone from Target to Nordstrom. Yes, the leather is nice, but is it really worth 3x the cost of a nice leather Coach?
There isnt much in coach that catches my eye :sad: But I know what you mean about the tons of fakes.
I'm sure I will just get on off ebay or tMP.

Totally understand what you're saying.

Don't worry, I think I'm getting over LV...no, I'm getting over my infatuation of LV. I got over the collecting phase months ago when it just got so expensive (I did a calculation of how much I spent since I started collecting LV while I was watching Montel about financing and bankruptcy...ouch!!!!). Honestly, I'm not even sure if I want the things that are listed on my wishlist, anymore. A part of me still loves the bags that I have, but I am *this* close to selling a couple just to get some money (to buy a B-bag or a computer).

Granted, I still like LV, but I feel like I'm better off waiting to buy more when I'm older and I have a stable job. It makes me sad when I have 6 bags that all look the same. :sad: I feel like I went too far.

:yes:Agree, there isnt anything really in the new line that has me :drool:
Although I wouldnt mind a new red vernis cles :smile: I would use it for a bag charm.

I'm kind of blah right now too. I've been checking the other sub-forums here to see pictures of bags from other designer lines. I'm not loving new LV stuff, and I have everything I want in the classic styles. Blah. Maybe it is the weather.

Yknow, I never thought of the nail issue. You have a good point there.

Your not alone for sure....alot of my family and friends started off with LVs and have since moved on.....so I think that you should dabble in other styles to see what suites you best....

As for me, LVs are the only bags that I want to invest in.....I adore the canvas vs. leather b/c of my long nails, I will totally scratch up leather and the up keep for the canvas are sooo much easier for my lifestyle....

Hermes is the next step up for alot of ladies.....:graucho:

See i love the style of the city & first bag. perfect size, cute/soft and floppy. Light and colorful.

i think it's more about the bag than the designer. (ducking in case anyone shoots anything at me). right now i love lv because i love the material and styles but there are other bags i love to- my entire collection is a few bags from many designers. lv doesn't come up with that many new bags- styles, materials- all that often so it's very easy to have enough and not need or want anything new for a while. then you take a break and then see someone carrying something you haven't seen in a while or didn't know they had and boom! love all over again!

i once had a Balenciaga fling back in '04-'05. but by the end of 2005, my LV love resumed. i am very happy with the 3 Men's Day messengers i have and im glad i got these because the current B leathers are just not the same :sad: although im looking at getting my fourth B*bag before the year ends, to LV i remain loyal... for life :yes:

I wouldn't be too sure about Balenciaga being over any minute! After all, it is the SECOND most visited designer subforum after LV-- beating Hermes, Gucci, Prada, Dior, Chloe, etc.

I for one, love my bbags as much as my LVs. :P

I totally agree w/you! I don't think the Balenciaga bags are a trend AT ALL, they've been around quite a few seasons that I think that's proof that they're now considered a classic! I love the new spring color called Bleu de France....it's so gorgeous....I might have to get it before it's gone forever! At least the LV's will be around forever but the colors available with Bbags (other than black and white) are seasonal so you have to grab them while you can!!! I say go for the BBag for a change, I don't think you'll regret it, it will be a nice change. :yes: :graucho:

I had that feeling before...so many times I "almost" jumped in to B-bags..it will be ugly because one addiction after another. I try to stick to LV at least if I crave something LV, I can just go to the store and get something small..with Bbags....I just can't imagine how many different red shade bags I will have..:rolleyes:

Hang in there...My mini lin has been resting in the closet for months now..I know I will fall in love again with it..

^^ Maybe I just need to relax about it, tomorrow is a new day. I'll put my mini lin on my desk so she is the first thing i see in the am.. maybe i'll get out of my blah mood and feeling towards my lv's.