feeling about posting your LV's.....

Bagsnbags- Thank you thank you thank you! I will try to figure this out and hopefully have pics of my li'l collection this week. :rolleyes: I also love to look at other people's collections. It's fun and I hardly ever get a chance to go to the LV store so this way I get to enjoy looking at all the different styles and colors. Well I don't live far from the LV store but I banned myself from going in there because I have no self-control :love:

No problem, good luck ;) ..

I've been wanting to post pics of my (small) collection, but I'm lazy and bad with technology but I swear I'll do it soon. Also how do you make a watermark? I'd hate to have someone steal my pics and put them on Ebay and sell some poor person a fake!

You could just write your name on a piece of paper and place it in front of your collection. Hope that helps! :smile:

I don't really mind. I tend not to post accessories because I procrastinate and then I use it, forget altogether, etc. Pics of bag I like to share and I like looking at other people's collections, too.

I find posting pics easy anyway. I just use photobucket.

I was hesitant at first, but I figured since everyone else was showing me their collections, what would it hurt to show mine? I try to take pictures in less obvious places in my house though, like of my stuff on a beige carpet, or on my comforter. You all are the only ones I know who share my LV obsession so I might as well share!

I just sometime don't get it when people said they don't want to post any pics of the bags they claim they have for privacy reason. The person doesn't want to post the picture of the bag but have the picture of her or the child or with the child in the avatar :confused1: .

Yes I too find it odd when I see a pic of a child but not the parent.

I don't mind posting..I guess it's because I already have a myspace and there are even more people who can view pictures on there. I do have my bags on a private friends only blog, just so a certain couple of people who don't like me can't use them as fodder for BS posting on their myspace pages lol. It has happened before, so I just made it private and was done with it.
Anyway as for posting on here, I don't mind either..I just watermark my pics and hope no one will take them or anything.
And I love seeing other people's collections!! I think the thing that's kind of annoying to a lot of us is when people make claims to have these extravagant bags that we can only dream of, yet they have no pictures of anything or say they can't take the pics. It just makes you kind of hesitant to believe anything they say after something like that happens.

Okay after reading this thread again I have to admit I feel a little paranoid now! I changed my pic of me and my DH. There are a lot of evil people out there and I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.. but I will post some pics with a watermark and a handwritten note- good idea.

Okay after reading this thread again I have to admit I feel a little paranoid now! I changed my pic of me and my DH. There are a lot of evil people out there and I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.. but I will post some pics with a watermark and a handwritten note- good idea.

Yea...with all the sicko's out there, better to be safe than sorry!!! :idea:

Omg I am getting paranoid too!! I just took out the picture of my daughter! I thought I was safe in here but I guess I'm a little naive. I should probably change my avatar too.

I don't mind posting pics at all. I enjoy seeing other people collections or pictures and I think it's just fair for me to share too.
I just sometime don't get it when people said they don't want to post any pics of the bags they claim they have for privacy reason. The person doesn't want to post the picture of the bag but have the picture of her or the child or with the child in the avatar :confused1: .
Some people claim have this bag and that bag but when people said they love to see the pics they said sorry posting pics isn't my things..to be honest I just don't take her thread seriously no more.Seeing is believeing. It's online board for people who loves purses and we enjoy to see eye candy, it is what makes it fun for everyone.

I feel the same way..especially after my acquaintance. I was the person who originally started the thread about people pretending to own bags.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...d-to-own-lv-76458.html?highlight=people+claim

People do have their own pictures up and claim to have large collections which they never show - I take it with a pinch of salt...

Omg I am getting paranoid too!! I just took out the picture of my daughter! I thought I was safe in here but I guess I'm a little naive. I should probably change my avatar too.

It sucks how a few nut jobs will ruin things for everyone else. I love to share pictures, especially my wedding ones :heart: but I just remembered something that happened to me last year- I got a random email from a guy I dated in HIGH SCHOOL. He googled my name and found my email address. I was a little freaked out.. can you say stalker??

It sucks how a few nut jobs will ruin things for everyone else. I love to share pictures, especially my wedding ones :heart: but I just remembered something that happened to me last year- I got a random email from a guy I dated in HIGH SCHOOL. He googled my name and found my email address. I was a little freaked out.. can you say stalker??

Lol..that's freaky.
I have this girl who LIKES the guy I'm with, but she can't seem to get over the fact that she's not with him. Soo..I had to make my myspace profile private because she would ALWAYS visit my page then write stupid stuff about me on her own page. She currently has something like "I can't stand obnoxious, fake, overly rich people" on her profile. Yeah because she KNOWS me and she knows I'm totally like that. Ugh. Couldn't be further from the truth. :rolleyes:

Okay, this is what I've thought about because I guess I'm paranoid, not too mention an "America's Most Wanted addict".... There are a lot of creepy people out there, and what if someone were to see your collection and the inside of your home, and somehow connect it to your address by having something shipped to you, and then you could get robbed. I feel like I shouldn't have even posted this.... it's scary, you don't know what people are capable of these days...

But, it hasn't stopped me from posting my collection, and it would make me very sad to not see other's collections. I just think we all need to be very careful and keep it very anonymous and take care of each other....

About a week or two ago there was a post from someone in North Carolina (I think) where her family where asleep in her house, and someone broke in and stole her whole LV collection....

I guess being a single woman, I try to be very aware and careful.... don't always make the right decisions though...

I'm with you on this:yes:
There's so many creeps:ninja: out there prowling on internet/forum..
So it's always good to take extra precaution..

I try not to post things that could identify me; I took out my location because I would rather not have anyone see where I live. Also, I choose avatars that contain old pictures of myself, and I limit what I take pictures of in my room. I guess taking crappy pictures serves a good purpose!

In regards to your response, that reminds me of the time when my mother's old boyfriend contacted me last year at my university's e-mail. I guess he was bitter about the fact that my mom left him for my dad, and he thought that he could apologize by contacting me! I got freaked out, knowing that my e-mail floats around the internet...:s

I feel the same way..especially after my acquaintance. I was the person who originally started the thread about people pretending to own bags.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...d-to-own-lv-76458.html?highlight=people+claim

People do have their own pictures up and claim to have large collections which they never show - I take it with a pinch of salt...

Thanks for posting the tread reference. So, I guess I have made the decision to post images of my LV's and if someone figures out who I am - so be it! Thanks everyone....you will probably see photos of my small LV collection in the next couple of days...thanks everyone for your comments, this has turned into a interesting "reality" thread ;)