Fedex lost/misdelivered my H??

rivagauche

Jan 5, 2011
I ordered a very gently used jypsiere last week from a reseller, who shipped it via Fedex. I was working from home today bc the package was due to arrive, and to my surprise, when I tracked it, it said "delivery exception: delivered to address other than recipient" and was even signed by someone.

Of course the first thing I did was call my neighbors, but none of them were home around the delivery time. I called fedex, who were as mystified as I was that the driver delivered a package to an address other than mine, and the reseller, who was confused that a package was signed by someone other than the intended recipient...has this happened to anyone?

Very very very annoyed.

I ordered a very gently used jypsiere last week from a reseller, who shipped it via Fedex. I was working from home today bc the package was due to arrive, and to my surprise, when I tracked it, it said "delivery exception: delivered to address other than recipient" and was even signed by someone.

Of course the first thing I did was call my neighbors, but none of them were home around the delivery time. I called fedex, who were as mystified as I was that the driver delivered a package to an address other than mine, and the reseller, who was confused that a package was signed by someone other than the intended recipient...has this happened to anyone?

Very very very annoyed.

I'd be more than annoyed. I'd be on the phone to FedEx trying to find where it was actually delivered ASAP.

Very very very annoyed.

That's all they had to say? They did not try to look up the order to for the delivery exception? What else did they tell you? These are the people that should have the answers. Posters here can share their experience if it has happened to them but FedEx is the one that needs to tell you what's going on. Yeah - Agree with the above poster - I'd be much more than annoyed if they had no answers for me.

Call Fedex back and again, give them the tracking number. With that number, they are able to look up who the delivery employee is who scanned that package. They need to speak to him to find out where he delivered it, why he delivered to another address and if possible, get him to go back to retrieve the item!

Very very very annoyed.

I'd be extremely annoyed too! Any updates, rivagauche? Were you able to track down your Jypsiere?

Hi everyone,
thank you for your concern and your advice. Long story short...I WAS able to find the package. It had been delivered to a coffee shop 6 blocks down from where I live. Bizarre, as there are other businesses between my house and the coffee shop that were open at that time.
I've called the reseller and let them know that I found it. They were very happy that I found my purchase, and said they will close the claim they opened with Fedex...
Lesson learned: fedex will sometimes deliver to the most random places. I'm just happy I was able to find my purchase.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,
thank you for your concern and your advice. Long story short...I WAS able to find the package. It had been delivered to a coffee shop 6 blocks down from where I live. Bizarre, as there are other businesses between my house and the coffee shop that were open at that time.
I've called the reseller and let them know that I found it. They were very happy that I found my purchase, and said they will close the claim they opened with Fedex...
Lesson learned: fedex will sometimes deliver to the most random places. I'm just happy I was able to find my purchase.

Thanks again!

I'm glad you were able to find your bag, but OMG what is wrong with Fedex? It is ridiculous that they would deliver to a random coffee shop.

Thanks for the update and good news.

I'm curious. Was the address or addressee where they delivered similar to your address and/or name?

Hi everyone,

Thanks again!

I am very glad that your bag has been found, but how scary that Fed Ex seems to think a delivery within a 10 block radius of the delivery address is "close enough"....yipes!

If you hadn't found the package, would Fedex have paid the insurance claim?

I don't even understand why they would have an option for this exception in their system. I'm wondering the delivery person just misread the address or intentionally for whatever reason delivered to the other address. I'm assuming that they have gps trackers on their carriers so they would know exactly where the package ended up.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again!
Great news!

I am curious, did you have the bag authenticated prior to buying it? I am kind of jaded and wonder if the address on the package was your address or the other one? Was the mistake due to FedEx or due to the seller Writing a different one on the package?