Favourite Vacation so Far ?

so far i've only travelled once out of new zealand to canada... that was the best ever! i totally loved it! the best place visited was: calgary! love it love it love it and lake louise! :love: cant wait to see the rest of world soon! :nuts:

helenNZ said:
so far i've only travelled once out of new zealand to canada... that was the best ever! i totally loved it! the best place visited was: calgary! love it love it love it and lake louise! :love: cant wait to see the rest of world soon! :nuts:
You have to come to NYC at least once in your lifetime!!! It truly is the greatest city in the world!!!:P

Kat said:
You have to come to NYC at least once in your lifetime!!! It truly is the greatest city in the world!!!:P

totally! i'm going to NYC right after i do a tour of Cali... Can't wait to eat a sandwich in Central Park... its one of my things i must do before i die! I'll be in NYC for about a week! :amuse: Can't wait!!!!

helenNZ said:
totally! i'm going to NYC right after i do a tour of Cali... Can't wait to eat a sandwich in Central Park... its one of my things i must do before i die! I'll be in NYC for about a week! :amuse: Can't wait!!!!
Eat a sandwich in Central Park??? You're too funny!!! Well, I shouldn't laugh. I got to do one of the things I wanted to do before I die and that was to walk up the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial in DC. I was born on Abraham Lincoln's birthday and I've always felt a connection with him. I had that on my "to do" list before I die. I was on a motorcycle charity ride to raise money for the familes of the victims of 9/11. We rode our motorcycles to all the places that were hit. One of the stops was, of course, at the Pentagon. It was on that trip that I went to the Lincoln Memorial and got to walk up those steps and spend some time there.:P

Kat said:
Eat a sandwich in Central Park??? You're too funny!!! Well, I shouldn't laugh. I got to do one of the things I wanted to do before I die and that was to walk up the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial in DC. I was born on Abraham Lincoln's birthday and I've always felt a connection with him. I had that on my "to do" list before I die. I was on a motorcycle charity ride to raise money for the familes of the victims of 9/11. We rode our motorcycles to all the places that were hit. One of the stops was, of course, at the Pentagon. It was on that trip that I went to the Lincoln Memorial and got to walk up those steps and spend some time there.:P

:nuts: wow! Kat thats awesome! i'm going to DC too, so i'll make sure to do a drive by or even walk the steps too! :amuse:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I love everywhere we go because I LOVE to travel. But my favorite{s} tie.

Our honeymoon in St. Lucia was fabulous; the water, the locals. . . just everything. What a wonderful place!

Also, our trip to Italy. We started in Venice, then Florence, then Naples and Pompeii and ended in Rome. Italy was spectacular!

Also, we conceived our twins in Rome.
Cool facts about that:

My husband is Italian.
We conceived in Rome which was founded by twin brothers Romulus and Remus.
The boys are born the sign of twin {Gemini}
The stars really lined up for us in Italy!:love:

how sweet is that:biggrin: . i too enjoy every vacation i take, especially because i get to spend quality time with my family.

Oooooh ... this is hard; my favorite?!?!

I have two - both in Italy:
  1. Staying in a very small town (in the annex of a castle built in the 13th century) in Lazio (same province as Rome). While it may sound rather boring, what was so special about it, is that we were the only foreigners around for miles and therefore, we became like family! Being invited to dinners, soccer (football) games, etc. - was just so special! I much prefer going to places truly off the beaten path because that is where you REALLY get a feel for the customs/traditions of a country!
  2. Rome - the first time I went. As a huge history buff (especially ancient Rome), the first time I went to Rome was truly magical for me. Just walking through all the streets and piazzas, looking at the ancient buildings (because the Romans didn't destroy anything, they just built on top - so you quite literally see the layers of civilization!). Plus, the light in Rome is unique (although they say that part of the reason is because of the ochre of the buildings). I NEVER tire of Rome; it is MY FAVORITE City in the world (and I've been to a lot of places in my travels!).
BTW ... I must admit that I'm lucky in the respect that not only does my husband share my love for history, art & architecture, he is a former Egyptologist/Archeologist, so he can look at a site and see the old "bones" of the town! It has provided some very funny moments because so many people think that he's a tour guide!!