Favourite Bag For Travel

Would love to hear everyone’s response to this. Is such a common thought and question for everyone. I’m in the process of buying a new bag, especially for this purpose, but still undecided. I’ve been eyeing the Gucci soho disco, Clery, PM.... but not 100%
I love my Gucci Soho Disco for travel! I'm a mini-bag girl, and typically carry like Chanel WOC, Balenciaga Nano City, etc. but the Gucci Soho Disco is slightly bigger, fits way more than you think it does, and it's really light. There's very little hardware on it which contributes to the lightness and also helps it be less flashy IMO. I have one in like a dusty pink and it's my squashy, go-to bag that I don't worry much about. Relatively cheap for designer too, so even better. It's been with me all over the world and still looks great!

Longchamp Le Pliage LLH. Its light, logo free, suitable for various weathers, flexible, inconspicuous and versatile. This bag is a beast. LV lover but Le Pliage wins for travelling.
I have to agree on Longchamps. It could be stuffed in an overhead bin or be in the rain for all I care. Someone once told me that people buy Longchamps to protect their handbags on trains and from rain in UK - not sure how true is that but it made alot of sense to me.

The only problem would be that LC is too casual with my outfits so I usually bring my Balenciaga City with me too. It's light, soft, packs flat, and can be stuffed to the brim. Mine is dark grey so I don't ever worry about stains or rain either.

Reactions: vargagirl
I have few bags that I tend to bring for traveling but I am still searching for Holy Grail travel bag. Current bags that I bring to for travel are: Mulberry Alexa, Speedy B, Bal Velo. I also plan to use my Hermes Kelly 35 because of the very water resistant leather. But non of bags I mentioned have pocket outside.

I hope some of u can give me ideas based on my criteria.

1) Weather resistant leather or canvas.
2) Must have zip or other means of closure for security.
3) Adjustable shoulder strap that can be crossbody.
4) With handheld option.
5) With open or zipped pocket outside bag for phone etc.
6) Med/Large size.

LV Pallas seemed to be the closest match BUT bigger size don’t come with long crossbody strap. I also prefer no monogram for traveling.
Maybe not the first thing people think of for handbags, but have you considered TUMI? I don't own any day bag-like silhouettes from them but I've seen them and I think they match your criteria pretty closely. As cheap as they are compared to designer handbags, you wouldn't have to worry about it at all too.

Personally I like to carry pebbled leather bags for travel, like the Gucci Soho Disco or Celine Nano but they exactly don't meet all of your criteria.

I use my Neverfull mono for flying and sometimes sightseeing. I also carry my Speedy B DE 30 on my suitcase and take it out when I'm settled. I love them both. They're very lightweight and practical. The only thing I don't like about the Neverfull is that so many women fly with it. However, I understand why.

I’ve carried my Michael Kors jet set crossbody for years and it has served me well. It’s basically the same shape as the Gucci soho disco and fits more than expected. The leather is also really carefree and I like that it zips closed. I’m thinking of picking up the Gucci as an upgrade. For the plane if I need more space I just bring a tote bag and put my crossbody inside of it. I usually travel light tho so most of the time it’s just the crossbody. :smile:

I love my Gucci Soho Disco for travel! I'm a mini-bag girl, and typically carry like Chanel WOC, Balenciaga Nano City, etc. but the Gucci Soho Disco is slightly bigger, fits way more than you think it does, and it's really light. There's very little hardware on it which contributes to the lightness and also helps it be less flashy IMO. I have one in like a dusty pink and it's my squashy, go-to bag that I don't worry much about. Relatively cheap for designer too, so even better. It's been with me all over the world and still looks great!
Thanks for the info. That is great to know. How long have you had yours for? Does the tassels end up rolling up like everyone says? And does it hold its shape or does it get slouchy after a while?

Thanks for the info. That is great to know. How long have you had yours for? Does the tassels end up rolling up like everyone says? And does it hold its shape or does it get slouchy after a while?
I've had it for 3 years and got it from Net-a-porter. I've actually never heard of this issue with the tassels, and I'd say mine look new. Maybe it's the way I store my bags on the shelf though, allows the tassels to hang free but if I set it on a flat surface like a table the tassels are too long and will bend a little. Maybe that's why they get rolled up over time but I haven't seen that.

Overall, the leather has definitely loosened up over time but it's not so slouchy that you can't tell the shape anymore. Definitely still has a defined box shape. I hope that helps! Not at home right now, but would photos help? I can attach some later if you think so.

I've had it for 3 years and got it from Net-a-porter. I've actually never heard of this issue with the tassels, and I'd say mine look new. Maybe it's the way I store my bags on the shelf though, allows the tassels to hang free but if I set it on a flat surface like a table the tassels are too long and will bend a little. Maybe that's why they get rolled up over time but I haven't seen that.

Overall, the leather has definitely loosened up over time but it's not so slouchy that you can't tell the shape anymore. Definitely still has a defined box shape. I hope that helps! Not at home right now, but would photos help? I can attach some later if you think so.
Thank you! That would help heaps

I've noticed my "handbag" of choice to travel with is my Petit Noe. It's strange because I've got Tote's to use but I seem to gravitate to one of my oldest bags...