Favorite Ferragamo? Style and Leather?

Nov 29, 2016
As I try and try and try to have a smaller collection more curated collection, I find myself thinking there are holes to fill and I have a Ferragamo hole. I'll probably think about this for a long time before pulling a trigger, but I'd like to add a Ferragamo to my collection.

Though I enjoy looking at the bags in the boutique, I would certainly buy pre-loved.

I'm drawn to the small Sofia in a nice soft leather, and the very structured Gancini in a smooth. I've also seen a bag, I don't know what it's called, but it would compare to a Chanel flap bag in lizard that looked beautiful.

What do I need? Well, none. What is my style? Well, all (maybe less so the flap bag).

Similar to the Sofia with beautiful and chewy leather, I have a couple of LV leather small Speedy bags and a small Valextra .S Series.

Similar to the Gancini, I have a Valextra Iside, a Suarez alligator in that shape, maybe something else but I'm not sure.

I have nothing in box calf, but think it is beautiful.

I'm a pretty casual person, but love my nice bags. The Sofia makes more sense, but I'm not sure that's what's driving me. I just want the most fabulous SF.

Of course, it is ultimately my choice, but I'm curious what Ferragamo bags you love in terms of shapes and leathers.

Thanks!

Reactions: Evergreen602
Though I enjoy looking at the bags in the boutique, I would certainly buy pre-loved.

I was gonna reply with what I like then thought - do I need more competition in the 2nd hand market for beautiful Ferragamo bags?
:thinking:

I love the Sofia, but probably won't get another another as I have so many of this type bags already from various brands, but would heartily recommend the Sofia. I've got it in the 'soft' model in the large size (is that what it's called, the smooth calfskin one?). Love that it looks very business-like as handcarry, yet casual if carried crossbody. Visually you can tell it's very high quality.

Last edited:
I think I love the Sofia too! I've never seen it IRL and sometimes wonder if the sides are weird In some photos, they look kind of pinched, but that's probably because the photo is to blame. I can only imagine the leather because I have handled soft bags (other models) in the boutique.

Does the large not slump as a hand carry? I've wondered about that. Someone has a large in snake that looks very beautiful. I mean, really beautiful. But I think I'd rather get a small, not sure. But I look at that large snake and think--fabulous leather or fabulous exotic?

Reactions: Evergreen602
Following, because I've been drawn to Ferragamo lately also. In fact, I've been eyeing the Sofia satchel too. I have mostly Bottega Veneta, but would like to add a few other brands to round out my collection.
I love my BVs. I sold my Cabat a while back because it was too big and unwieldy on me. I'd love one in the small version. I also sold a Nodini, which leaves me with 2 Nodinis (one red, and one brown suede). I haven't used either in a while, and put them both on yesterday as I had decided to get go of the suede, then I thought "what is wrong with you!" They are gorgeous bags.

But yeah, the Ferragamo has certainly gotten my attention.

Does the large not slump as a hand carry? I've wondered about that. Someone has a large in snake that looks very beautiful. I mean, really beautiful. But I think I'd rather get a small, not sure. But I look at that large snake and think--fabulous leather or fabulous exotic?
Sorry just saw this, @MidlifeFashionPrincess. I think the Sofia's in soft leather is thicker and lends to more structure than the Sofia in pebbled leather. Mine does not slump when standing empty. When filled, there's no slump at the base of the bag (the gancinis on the sides give it the lift, I think), but there could be a slump at the top part of the bag just under the handle, especially if the contents of the bag is not uniformly distributed and heavy towards the middle.

My other Ferragamo bags are exotics, i don't recommend them at all! Stay away from them!!
[Because I don't need more competition haha]