Favorite Ferragamo? Style and Leather?

The Margot bag (although, oddly, every store calls this bag “Margot” except Ferragamo. Ferragamo just calls it “Gancini Top Handle.“) Regardless of what it’s called, the bag is gorgeous and luxurious.
That is pretty! I’ve seen that, but didn’t know the name.

There seem to be several bags that people simply call top handle or Gancini top handle.

As I try and try and try to have a smaller collection more curated collection, I find myself thinking there are holes to fill and I have a Ferragamo hole. I'll probably think about this for a long time before pulling a trigger, but I'd like to add a Ferragamo to my collection.

Though I enjoy looking at the bags in the boutique, I would certainly buy pre-loved.

I'm drawn to the small Sofia in a nice soft leather, and the very structured Gancini in a smooth. I've also seen a bag, I don't know what it's called, but it would compare to a Chanel flap bag in lizard that looked beautiful.

What do I need? Well, none. What is my style? Well, all (maybe less so the flap bag).

Similar to the Sofia with beautiful and chewy leather, I have a couple of LV leather small Speedy bags and a small Valextra .S Series.

Similar to the Gancini, I have a Valextra Iside, a Suarez alligator in that shape, maybe something else but I'm not sure.

I have nothing in box calf, but think it is beautiful.

I'm a pretty casual person, but love my nice bags. The Sofia makes more sense, but I'm not sure that's what's driving me. I just want the most fabulous SF.

Of course, it is ultimately my choice, but I'm curious what Ferragamo bags you love in terms of shapes and leathers.

Thanks!
I think you can’t go wrong with the Sofia bag. I have a pretty extensive collection from Ferragamo and specially like their printed leathers. Not sure about their latest collection and crazy price increases so I am waiting for something truly special. I think pre loved is the way to go although I am not sure about everyone else, but I am holding on to all my bags!!! Good luck on your journey!!!

I think you can’t go wrong with the Sofia bag. I have a pretty extensive collection from Ferragamo and specially like their printed leathers. Not sure about their latest collection and crazy price increases so I am waiting for something truly special. I think pre loved is the way to go although I am not sure about everyone else, but I am holding on to all my bags!!! Good luck on your journey!!!
Thanks!! I actually just bought a small Soft Sofia (not the pebbled but the smooth leather, that's called Soft, right?) from VC. it is in red, which was not my top choice, but I think it's a nice brick red, so I might love that. So, color = not exactly perfect, but the pluses were = condition, strap, price, model, and leather. 5 outta 6 ain't bad. :smile:

There are several mediums all over the place in lots of great colors and metallic, but I the mediums seem very large.

I love the Margot in the smaller size. There's one on VC now that's cheap, but a little damaged and black. I cannot buy another black ghw bag.

Cannot wait for my Sofia! Will post when she comes!

Wow you guys!! Thanks to all of your advice, I found this beauty! I wasn't sure I'd like the red, but I do. It's a perfectly red red. The small size is PERFECT! The medium would be too for me for daily wear. I'm not likely to use the strap, but I'm glad to have it. I am curious about the mini--that might call my name some day.

It appears hardly worn at all! The interior is leather (does anyone know what kind of leather that is?) and the smell is divine!

I'm trying to reduce and perfect my collection, and bag does the job!

Thanks again for your help!

IMG_3396.jpg

Wow you guys!! Thanks to all of your advice, I found this beauty! I wasn't sure I'd like the red, but I do. It's a perfectly red red. The small size is PERFECT! The medium would be too for me for daily wear. I'm not likely to use the strap, but I'm glad to have it. I am curious about the mini--that might call my name some day.

It appears hardly worn at all! The interior is leather (does anyone know what kind of leather that is?) and the smell is divine!

View attachment 5777571
I have the exact one in dark pink. Great construction and quality. Love that red, enjoy !!!!

View attachment 5777571

Hi, love your bag, I am also looking at this bag in the small, if possible, can I have the dimensions of the bag, and can the outside back pocket fit an iphone 12? And is the bag heavy? Thank you

Last edited:
Congratz on your beautiful bag! I've just got myself a dark brown (more like black to me, but the seller described it as dark brown) Sofia in pebbled leather as well from VC, but I bought the medium because I carry a lot on a daily basis. The bag arrived yesterday, and I was overjoyed. It's still not big enough to fit all of my essentials in, but the leather was really thick, soft and nice to the touch.

My other Ferragamo crush is the Sookie Tote, and I'm looking to find one to buy. Hopefully it will have bigger capacity than the medium Sofia, but my Sofia is not going anywhere. I just love it too much to let go.

Reactions: Jktgal
Hi, love your bag, I am also looking at this bag in the small, if possible, can I have the dimensions of the bag, and can the outside back pocket fit an iphone 12? And is the bag heavy? Thank you
I'll answer the other questions when I get a chance, but I can address the phone question quickly. Yes, it would fit an iPhone 12 (I am basing this off the specs I see online comparing it to the XR. I have the XR and it seems to be a tiny bit larger than the 12). I have a slim case, so depending on your case YMMV.

However, it's not an easy fit. It doesn't just slide in, you have to start and an angle and get it in there. It doesn't stress the pocket, but it doesn't just slide in.

Also, I find the back zipper super difficult. I'm not sure why. Maybe it hasn't been used much. I don't know. I'll probably keep mine unzipped and likely won't use it much (maybe a bus pass kind of thing).

More later!

Reactions: rosewang924
Okay, I had a sec.

The dimensions are roughly 7L x 9H x 5.75W (inches) and at the top the width narrows to about 1/5".

Here is a picture of it pretty well stuffed. I have a LV TP 19 (filled), 2 LV cles (one so full I cannot zip it), a pair of glasses in soft case, an Hermes Bastia that is bursting full with coins, a new package of tissues, and a little zippy pouch with a few items including a lippy. My phone also fit, but I had to remove it for the photos. I could probably tuck in a small hand sanitizer or whatnot.

There is a front slit pocket that I could also stand the phone in, but I had to work to close the flap. It closes fine, but not "I'm flopping down right over the buckle" kind of fine.

I would not carry this much in this bag. It would be too stuffed for my comfort. But all this does fit.

This would not have done the trick if my kids were still small.

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg