Favorite crossbody I can find pre-loved?

I am fond of how the musette (the large, not the tango or salsa) is more vertical. I am, not a big fan of the reporter style...not sure why. I do love the odeon, but it may be out of my price ranged pre-loved. I am sort of torn between the saumur and the large musette.

Any idea what a good price is for a loved, but not TOO loved saumur? I have seen the large musette on ebay from about 350-500.

I love all the suggestions! Much appreciated!

I'm in the exact same situation! My darling 2 year old daughter keeps me on my toes as well! I'm pretty sure that I will be purchasing a vintage Saumur 30 (I'm fairly petite & the 35 is just too big for me) today! You can definitely score a Saumur in your stated price range. I also considered the menilmontant pm. Good luck!

I'm in the exact same situation! My darling 2 year old daughter keeps me on my toes as well! I'm pretty sure that I will be purchasing a vintage Saumur 30 (I'm fairly petite & the 35 is just too big for me) today! You can definitely score a Saumur in your stated price range. I also considered the menilmontant pm. Good luck!

oh! Have you been able to try the 35 vs 30?? Or just from judging. I worry I would be able to fit TOO much in the 35. LOL I love my neverfull for day to day, but I need a crossbody for activities where I need my hands free.

I am fond of how the musette (the large, not the tango or salsa) is more vertical. I am, not a big fan of the reporter style...not sure why. I do love the odeon, but it may be out of my price ranged pre-loved. I am sort of torn between the saumur and the large musette.

Any idea what a good price is for a loved, but not TOO loved saumur? I have seen the large musette on ebay from about 350-500.

I love all the suggestions! Much appreciated!

I've been searching quite a bit on ebay & you can definitely find a good used condition Saumur for $300-$400. The one that I'm currently interested in is under $300...it may be a bit more "used" than you may prefer, but I will mostly be using it for travel/amusement parks/zoo, etc so the condition doesn't need to be perfect since it will most likely get destroyed at these type events :P

I've been searching quite a bit on ebay & you can definitely find a good used condition Saumur for $300-$400. The one that I'm currently interested in is under $300...it may be a bit more "used" than you may prefer, but I will mostly be using it for travel/amusement parks/zoo, etc so the condition doesn't need to be perfect since it will most likely get destroyed at these type events :P

Have you been able to try on the 30 vs 35?

oh! Have you been able to try the 35 vs 30?? Or just from judging. I worry I would be able to fit TOO much in the 35. LOL I love my neverfull for day to day, but I need a crossbody for activities where I need my hands free.

Yes, I have tried both! I'm only 5' tall! Since you carry a Neverfull GM, I'm sure the 35 wouldn't be too large for you! I've been carrying a Neverfull MM since my daughter was born & the GM was waaaaaay too large for me!

ok thanks for the info. I so wish I could try both on. I am pretty petite too (5'4")...the GM is definitely a BIG bag! I don't want to be able to stuff the bag too full, but need to fit the necessities! I am glad to hear you have a child the same age, that tells me I should be able to get everything I need into a 30.

I got mine for £109 off evil bay , it's quite vintage but I wanted a bag I wasn't worried about babying too much , heres a pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1381945899.552287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1381945899.552287.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 260
I was in the same boat as you last year. I agonized over which crossbody to get and did soooo much research on preloved bags. I found lots of cute older styles along the way! In the end I wound up with a brand new Odeon PM because the important things (for me!) were for the bag to have an exterior pocket so I could easily grab my phone and/or keys AND a zippered top that so I could access any items while wearing the bag with ease.

I looked at the Musette a lot but I thought the huge flap would annoy me. Imagine for a moment holding that huge flap up while you root around inside for your things. Also, no exterior pocket to easily access things.

I also looked at the Saumur. a lot but ultimately I thought the double pouch thing and also the buckle closure would wind up annoying me.

Others I looked into were: Nil, Chantily, Reporter, Trocadero, Sologne Danube, Drouot , Saint Cloud , Jeune Fille, Blois, Cartouchiere -- pretty much every crossbody LV ever sold!! I drove myself crazy!!!!

Every bag is a personal choice. I love my Odeon and am so glad I have her! I also loved the Bloomsbury but my BFF has that one so it wasn't an option for me.

Good luck with your decision!!

I was in the same boat as you last year. I agonized over which crossbody to get and did soooo much research on preloved bags. I found lots of cute older styles along the way! In the end I wound up with a brand new Odeon PM because the important things (for me!) were for the bag to have an exterior pocket so I could easily grab my phone and/or keys AND a zippered top that so I could access any items while wearing the bag with ease.

I looked at the Musette a lot but I thought the huge flap would annoy me. Imagine for a moment holding that huge flap up while you root around inside for your things. Also, no exterior pocket to easily access things.

I also looked at the Saumur. a lot but ultimately I thought the double pouch thing and also the buckle closure would wind up annoying me.

Others I looked into were: Nil, Chantily, Reporter, Trocadero, Sologne Danube, Drouot , Saint Cloud , Jeune Fille, Blois, Cartouchiere -- pretty much every crossbody LV ever sold!! I drove myself crazy!!!!

Every bag is a personal choice. I love my Odeon and am so glad I have her! I also loved the Bloomsbury but my BFF has that one so it wasn't an option for me.

Good luck with your decision!!

SO, so helpful!!! Thank you!!! I wish I could find an odeon in my range. I think the MM would be perfect. I am not to bugged with the flap, but the zip would be nice!

If you have a two year old daughter,I would suggest the Vintage Ipanema GM in Damier Ebene..
Its a nice bag....its like the Odeon that have one pocket that you could put your essentials like
mobile,keys...Check in Ebay...I saw few of them and its within your budget..Keep looking!!!Good luck!

SO, so helpful!!! Thank you!!! I wish I could find an odeon in my range. I think the MM would be perfect. I am not to bugged with the flap, but the zip would be nice!

Yeah, once I decided on the Odeon I decided to buy brand new because there was not a huge difference in price between what I saw preloved and brand new. I liked the MM also at first, but the PM really fits a lot! I love it! I hope you find what you're looking for! :smile:

Great deal!

I think I have it narrowed to the musette and the saumur 30. Decisions, decisions!

Hiya! Did you come to a decision yet???
I was literally just delivered a vintage Saumur 30!!:biggrin: and had to share my excitement with you! I was able to snag mine for $225 & had a 10% off coupon from ebay, making it just $202.50 with free shipping! I'm really happy with the price & condition.

I obviously haven't used it out on errands yet, but I really love it! I was easily able to fit in a sippy cup, changing pad, pull-up & undies, package of wipes, wallet, phone, keys, snack bag, and have more room to spare!

The others' comments have me worried that I may end up disliking the buckle closure, but since I'm primarily going to be using it at busy theme parks, zoos, etc I like that it's a bit more difficult to get into----no pick pocketing me, lol!