Fat Grafting In Korea

Hi All, Been a silent reader for the past week.

I am 2 weeks post-op FG (forehead, cheeks, under eyes and laugh lines), did it at MVP by Dr.Seo (I didnt bother going to other clinics because I had such a great experience at MVP 1.5 years ago for EPI and full incision DES). Fats were drawn out from inner-thighs as I was told quality fat cells are mostly there. Tbh I did not plan to do FG, I went there with the intention to just get dermal fillers to fill up my sunken mid-face areas and nasolabial folds as I recently lost 5kg in the past 3 months and been told by many people I look older :sad: But after consultation, I was convinced by Ellen (main consultant) to get FG instead. She broke it down in how many filler injections I need to fill up my face as compared to my own fats taken out (comparable in Ccs needed for each areas) It makes more sense to do FG as it will last longer and technically more economical than getting dermal fillers every 3-6 months.

Made the decision to go ahead with FG the next day. I went in with very little research on FG unlike my first trip where I did tons of research on eye procedures. The whole procedure was quite fast and straight forward, was scheduled for preps at 3.30 PM and back in the room by 5PM, went out to look for dinner by 6 PM. The only discomfort after surgery was my sore bums (felt like I was sitting too long), surprisingly little to no pain on my thighs. My friend who went with me on the other hand, felt sores on her thighs as though she just did heavy squats / deadlifts ( we were both pretty active in the gym) so I guess different ppl have different tolerance and healing process.

My thighs were heavily bruised on the first few days but now it is almost 80% back to normal, I can wear shorts and noone would notice. Face was quite big and swollen on the first 5 days, I was pretty depressed on day 4-5 after the tape was removed as I felt like my eyes and eyelids were squished and they looked 50% smaller. Plus I did eyebrow embroidery on day 6, it made it even more swollen around the eyes. I hated my face on the first week, but the swelling goes down by week 2 ( I also limit myself to 1 bottle of beer/cocktail and smoke 1 stick a day even though Ellen told me no alcohol and smoking for at least 2 months T_T with Seoul's weather now it's impossible for me to endure) - So Im not sure whether the swelling went down now or the fact that I lost fats because I was being rebellious with alcohol and smoking lol. But Im pretty happy with the result now esp around the eyes & laughing lines - forehead wasnt my main concern but it looked so much better now too, supposedly full results can only be seen 2 months and above.

Fats were drawn out around 60cc , used up 40cc for whole face (except for chin), left 20cc for topup and was told to come back after 3 months. Doubt I will go back for top up but I'll see how much fats I retain after 3 months. I was told not to workout for at least 3 months and I tend not to eat alot too, doubt my fats will stay for long but we'll see.

Not sure if my experience will help anyone but feel free to ask me anything!
Hi, i would like to ask how long did the doctor say that the fat would survive? Like how long would the FG results stay after 3 months?

Hi, i would like to ask how long did the doctor say that the fat would survive? Like how long would the FG results stay after 3 months?
Hi @Tarius, FG lasts longer on the forehead and temples. I have only had FG x 1 to these areas 17 months ago! In areas where you move your facial muscles, like eyelids and around the mouth, it needs top up 6-8 months. But eventually as some fat graft remains, you will need fewer top ups and may stop needing top ups. Think of fat reabsorbing 50% each time you have it done in areas that move. Eventually it works out that you finally retain close to 100%.

Forgot to mention I also did botox for jaw and PRP stemcell hyrdoboost treatment during the whole FG process. Update on botox jaw, visually I can tell a smaller and V shaped jaw esp on my sides, but weird muscles popping out from upper jaw when I chew food! Does anyone have the same problem?

My friend took a video of me chewing and I showed Ellen, she said she have never seen that before and told me it was not from botox. Though Im pretty sure it is from the botox, noone seems to be able to explain what caused it, wasnt so bothered by it as it can only be seen when I chew and clench my jaw. But curious to know if anyone has the same problem??
Hi @curiouscat24 may I know how much did you pay for your botox for jaw?

Hey guys, I'm back in Korea and planning on getting a fat graft (and maybe a few other things) soon. Just read through half this thread and taking a break to post my goals and see who's around and maybe getting the same thing(s)...

My main goals are:
- Forehead: Currently it's small and bony with that annoying ridge so want to fill it in for overall smoothness and to shape my eyebrow line without getting that super babydoll look that's popular here
- Nasolabial area: It's quite sunken at the moment
- Jawline: Just want to refine a bit, had botox for masseter muscle before (I'm a teeth grinder) and it made no real difference since my face shape is already quite oval but I'd like to tighten up/lift the skin here, possibly considering Acculift

I've also wanted breast augmentation for a long time and if it's possible, I may try to combine fat graft to forehead with a graft to the breasts as well.

Am taking the next week to pound pavement and talk to a bunch of clinics. From what I've read so far, I'll be consulting with:
- Regen (seems most popular here)
- Faceline (like the variety of forehead augmentation options)
- Item (their 'after' photos look more natural than others)

Alright, off to read the rest of this thread! Will keep this updated :smile: Hit me up if you're around!

Until now a lot Clinic’s don’t reply...

Sigh, I shortlisted Fresh for Face but I m skeptical about the eyelid surgery... However the nurse seems ok to talk...

TLPS abit expensive and doesn’t like talking to the nurse... I Guess business is too good...

Line told me cannot negotiate at all for both procedures then I also won’t go.

Banobagi prices I cannot afford

View replies are so slow...

OMG! I need help...
I m gg to Korea soon...

Until now a lot Clinic’s don’t reply...

Sigh, I shortlisted Fresh for Face but I m skeptical about the eyelid surgery... However the nurse seems ok to talk...

TLPS abit expensive and doesn’t like talking to the nurse... I Guess business is too good...

Line told me cannot negotiate at all for both procedures then I also won’t go.

Banobagi prices I cannot afford

View replies are so slow...

OMG! I need help...
I m gg to Korea soon...

Hey why not join our fat grafting chat on kakao. Here's the link, just tap on it on your phone to join

https://open.kakao.com/o/gEvAREE

Reactions: Jqueen
I want to
Hey guys, I'm back in Korea and planning on getting a fat graft (and maybe a few other things) soon. Just read through half this thread and taking a break to post my goals and see who's around and maybe getting the same thing(s)...

My main goals are:
- Forehead: Currently it's small and bony with that annoying ridge so want to fill it in for overall smoothness and to shape my eyebrow line without getting that super babydoll look that's popular here
- Nasolabial area: It's quite sunken at the moment
- Jawline: Just want to refine a bit, had botox for masseter muscle before (I'm a teeth grinder) and it made no real difference since my face shape is already quite oval but I'd like to tighten up/lift the skin here, possibly considering Acculift

I've also wanted breast augmentation for a long time and if it's possible, I may try to combine fat graft to forehead with a graft to the breasts as well.

Am taking the next week to pound pavement and talk to a bunch of clinics. From what I've read so far, I'll be consulting with:
- Regen (seems most popular here)
- Faceline (like the variety of forehead augmentation options)
- Item (their 'after' photos look more natural than others)

Alright, off to read the rest of this thread! Will keep this updated :smile: Hit me up if you're around!
Same for me. My forehead is flat and sloping. I want it more rounded and looking "3d" if that makes sense. I am afraid of the super babydoll look too. I want mine like a white person's forehead, with increase of volume but natural type.

As for my folds I just want them completely gone.

How long does fat grafting last in general? Is it permanent

I want to

Same for me. My forehead is flat and sloping. I want it more rounded and looking "3d" if that makes sense. I am afraid of the super babydoll look too. I want mine like a white person's forehead, with increase of volume but natural type.

As for my folds I just want them completely gone.

How long does fat grafting last in general? Is it permanent

Yeah don't bother using fg for the naso folds. It doesn't last long at all. Also it can migrate to the side of the cheeks too because some surgeons like to flatten the graft to even it out. This can cause uneven lumps. Nothing really completely gets rid of folds. Facelift does the most. But you will have some remaining.

Also about fg forehead. I did it like 3 years ago 3 times ive injected. Its definitely no where near as flat as it was before I had any grafts but its not as round as I want it. My body's resorption rate isnt high but definitely isnt the best. Plus i scar easily on my body so I do not want to keep taking fat out for harvesting. This is the case with many ppl actually.

If you want a decent amount of augmentation about 60-65percent definitely achievable. That's how much I have. But I'm greedy I want 100 percent volume increase so 2 days ago i used QQ + PRP augmentation and OMG i effing love my alien forehead. Its so nice and rounded and i look so much younger. Best of all no incisions no harvesting! Apparently its meant to last like 6-8 months. I had 5 ccs put in. If it indeed lasts that long I will just keep flying back to korea to get it reinjected every 6-8 months since its not really expensive. I also like how its harder than fg so I don't need to worry about it migrating. It also makes my forehead look tight so no more wrinkles. The thing with fg i find is that I still can see a little bit of forehead wrinkles when I move my brow muscles and expressions. But with this one there's hardly any due to the density of the product.

Experienced docs will recommend being careful not to "chase wrinkles", meaning injecting into the wrinkle may not always be the best way to treat it. For example, for people where the naso folds formed from loss of volume in the upper cheeks, placing some filler in the upper cheeks rather than naso folds would be the correct way to treat it as you're treating the cause rather than the symptom. You can test this out to see if this applies to you by lifting your cheeks a little and seeing how the folds change. You want to be careful though and not place too much filler in the cheeks as that's a bad look I see often in the US with fillers, even on docs themselves. I've rarely seen that overdone filler look from Korean clinics.

@K Couture, great to hear you found your solution! QQ is a filler? I haven't heard of it before and a search yielded no results. Can it be dissolved? What's the pricing like and where did you get it done at?

While the downside is it doesn't last as long, I assume the outcome is more predictable than fat grafting. Given how it feels, I'm curious if they only recommend injecting that to certain bony parts of the face (ex. forehead, cheekbone) and not others.

Reactions: Leelala
yeh its a HA so it can be dissolved. I got it done at Dream. Some dermatologists and surgeons say it lasts like up to 2 years. I don't buy that cos Dr Park told me it says 6-8 months max despite the way that filler has been marketed.

Hrmmm i dunno i'll ask him on tues. Im going in to inject some restalyn into my nasofolds and chin. For some reason he didnt mention use Q fill for those areas. I'm not sure if he is opposed to it for some reason or just didn't feel the need to mention it. Either way ill find out and let you know :smile:

What is Q? Can you please provide a link? Thank you!

QUOTE="K Couture, post: 31928930, member: 471351"]yeh its a HA so it van be dissolved. I got it done at Dream. Some dermatologists and surgeons say it lasts like up to 2 years. I don't buy that cos Dr Park told me it says 6-8 months max despite the way that filler has been marketed.

Hrmmm i dunno i'll ask him on tues. Im going in to inject some restalyn into my nasofolds and chin. For some reason he didnt mention use Q fill for those areas. I'm not sure if he is opposed to it for some reason or just didn't feel the need to mention it. Either way ill find out and let you know :smile:[/QUOTE]

But I'm greedy I want 100 percent volume increase so 2 days ago i used QQ + PRP augmentation and OMG i effing love my alien forehead. Its so nice and rounded and i look so much younger. Best of all no incisions no harvesting! Apparently its meant to last like 6-8 months. I had 5 ccs put in. If it indeed lasts that long I will just keep flying back to korea to get it reinjected every 6-8 months since its not really expensive.

@KCouture - Kudos on finding that, it sounds like the perfect alternative. Especially since I've been researching about fat grafting on the Korean forums and have read up on quite a few horror stories as well as advice on how it can lump and sag. The consensus seems to be that fillers are just more reliable?

But I've never heard of this QQ filler - is this a Korean one only? Also, could you let us know the price and which doctor you went to? I'm in Seoul now and thinking of booking an appointment there in a little bit. I can tell them you sent me that way so you could get some referral cred :smile: