False Nails or Natural - which do you prefer?

All natural baby!
I think sometimes Acrylic nails look very pretty, but I can't stand having them on. It feels so weird. And it also depends on the nails themselves - I know this one girl in my old class that glued on fake nails and it looked absolutely horrid and trashy.

I never liked the acrylic nails ... esp. since I don't have the time and patience for that matter to go every so often to keep them maintained. I was raised to appreciate what God gave us so I've always been satisfied with what I have.

So with that said, I do prefer natural ... and polished.

I spent so much time and money on manicures, only to have my natural nails look like crap in a week. Plus they aren't that strong, so there was always one nail that would break or rip. Im in a job where my nails are very visible, so I found myself embarassed more than a few times. I finally found an excellent manicurist who does pink and whites. They're natural, thin and last a good while since they're not painted. If my natural nails ever look and feel like these, then I'll go back to natural.

Natural. I like my nails short and well manicured. Buffed, filed....etc. I go on spurts where I'll polish 'em here n' there for a wk or 2....(Chanel black satin, blue satin, white satin, for ex.).....then I'll go all natural with no polish at all (like right now)....then sometimes clear polish, or very light polish. Depends on my mood I guess. ;)

But always short n' sweet! :Pheehee!

if you clearly cannot grow your own nails then I recommend fake ones.

I prefer my natural nails. but I also like how fake nails look. However, because I do so much with my hands (and nails) I can't get fake nails

like scratch my hair, put on a button, clean out my nails, pick up heavy things, roll a bowling ball down the ally etc.

I usually get my nails done, but when at home and the polish is just about chipped off, i take off the polish and file and buff my nails myself.

I have been to enough nail salons, where I get a basic idea of how to care for my nails.

Natural. I've had shorter natural looking acrylics that looked great - but the maintenance is a PIA & after I removed them my own nails seemed destroyed. I also think natural is more hygenic. I now do all my own manicures but will go to the salon for a good pedi.