Fall 2010 Cankle Boots. =(

chelleybelley

shoes, music, etc...
Feb 9, 2009
Is it me or do you find a lot of the Fall 2010 booties giving that cankle effect -- even on skinny legs? I don't have big legs, but I'm short and I'm always conscious of my ankles. Don't get me wrong, many people can pull them off really well and look AMAZING in these booties! But I just can't stand the way these styles look on me.

Thought I'd start the thread for styles to stay away from for us cankle-conscious ladies. I can't step near the Loubouts, or the Misfits, or even the MBBs. Any other styles?

I got a pair of Loubouts and I'm a little over 5 feet tall. I have had no problem with my boots causing a cankle-effect at all. My legs aren't that skinny either. I would definitely try the shoes on first if you could, but I don't think that the boots would cause any issues if you got the right size!

I agree with aricakes i think you must try them on, b/c I have tried some on that give me cankles and others look amazing, so with most CLs it depends!

I have tried on the Loubouts, and I didn't have a problem. Most of you know, I've got some thick ankles :P But I did try them on with skinny jeans rolled up, so I'm not sure if the cankle effect would kick in if I do try them on with skirt or shorts that show my (muscular) calves.

I really think that it depends on what colours the shoe is, what colours you are wearing, and the style. Chelley you have nicely defined ankles! Do you have any pics to show us what you are specifically talking about?

I totally feel you on the Cankle Conciousness. I think I may have a case of ankle dysmorphia or something.

With that in mind...I tried on the MBB and thought they looked great! I think CLs look great on most everyone and perhaps Mr. CL has us ankle challenged women in mind when he designs his shoes!

The booties for F/W '10 are higher cut than previous seasons and yes can be more difficult to pull off. Personally I don't like them on me even though I've been told I've great ankles, but I have relatively short legs and they just chop me up.

I'm actually hunting for older styles that are lower cut - like Insectika and C'est Moi. But I do agree, you must try them on. Like LH405 said it depends on so many factors. For what it's worth, I normally think Leighton Meester has dreadful ankles but for some reason she pulls off both the Loubout and the Misfit, so go figure.

Hmm... I never really noticed the cankle effect on this seasons boots. I own the loubout and MBB and never really paid much attention to the cankle thing. EEEKKK!!:wtf: I must analyze the boots on my feet/ankle combo again.

Which pairs, Chelley? What have you tried?

I've tried on the Loubout in black and they were a big no-no on me. =( I saw the Misfits in the celebrity thread -- I love them, but even on the celebrity's legs (I forgot who was wearing them), they weren't very flattering. I haven't tried on MBBs yet, but I feel like they won't look good on me... although everyone who has them looks amazing in them. Maybe I'm just paranoid hehe.

This thread title made me LOL

cankle cankle cankle :P

I really think that it depends on what colours the shoe is, what colours you are wearing, and the style. Chelley you have nicely defined ankles! Do you have any pics to show us what you are specifically talking about?

aww thanks LH! :flowers: Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the Loubouts but I did buy a pair of Sometimes lace-up bootie sandals that cut down my foot a little bit and they are not flattering at all. =(

I love the boots you are referring to. I just think they need to be paired with the right outfits. I don't have a pair and won't buy them because they don't come in an 85 or a 70 heel, but I LOVE looking at them on the pf.

chelley, oh honey I feel you on this. I really like the boots from the fall collection but I too am short and well..I have stumpy, thick legs and therefore most boots probably give me the "cankle" effect. Meow, but I'm sure every style will look different so please keep trying the different kinds of boots on!

As for the MBB, yeah, I agree. They can give the thicker, stumpier leg effect on shorter people or people with thicker legs. I have avoided them for that reason. My X-country running legs do not look very nice in things that cut off at the ankle. Heck, even the loubout(bootie version) made Cheryl Cole's legs look thicker and she's definitely not thick at all!!!

I am gonna brave the misfits in Grey. Meow! :: hugs you:: I totally empathize hun. Don't give up!!!

Last edited:
^^ Oh panda you're so sweet :hugs: Yes, I saw the pics of Cheryl Cole's legs in them and I was like, 'whooaaa... is it the boots or is it her legs?'

Let me know how the Misfits go -- they are such an awesome pair!! :love: