Fall 2010 Cankle Boots. =(

i find the cankleness happens to me in a lower vamped bootie (ie that cuts further down the foot instead of the ankle). i tried on the laelia and my foot and ankle ran together making my lower legs look terrible (and i have "skinny" ankles).

I totally hear ya, chelley!! I'm short with what I affectionately call, "genetically gifted" calves. But I love love love the Loubout. I tried them on while wearing black skinny jeans and fell in love. Jeans will help reduce the cankle effect, but probably reduces the versatility of the shoe. Personally, I don't mind since I live in jeans. But try them on! You might be surprised!

I really, really hate booties, and barely tollerate boots, I love to show of my very thin ankles, and I feel booties really shorten my leg. Don't own any, don't want them! Happy not to be the only one!:yahoo:

i find the cankleness happens to me in a lower vamped bootie (ie that cuts further down the foot instead of the ankle). i tried on the laelia and my foot and ankle ran together making my lower legs look terrible (and i have "skinny" ankles).

yes i find that true for me as well! phew! glad i'm not the only one!

I totally hear ya, chelley!! I'm short with what I affectionately call, "genetically gifted" calves. But I love love love the Loubout. I tried them on while wearing black skinny jeans and fell in love. Jeans will help reduce the cankle effect, but probably reduces the versatility of the shoe. Personally, I don't mind since I live in jeans. But try them on! You might be surprised!

:lolots: "genetically gifted" calves. i love all the terms everyone has for their legs.

Alrighty so yazziestarr and i went to Saks Short Hills today to try on some shoes before the store closed. I tried on the Loubouts again and for some reason, this time around, I felt a lot less cankly... AND I fell in love with them! I don't know why I didn't feel this way the first time I tried them on. hmm... now I'm wondering what other booties will work...

Well my ankles will never be the same since I've broken both of them (on separate occasions)! They are definitely thicker than they used to be, and they were never that great in the first place.

I will wear booties, but only with pants!

I have very, um, let's call them shapely, legs. Big calves and tiny ankles. I find that any boot that hits me above the smallest part of my ankle tends to give me cankles. Any boot that falls at or below the smallest part of my ankle or goes way above my ankle tends to make my legs look great. So Madame Butterfly Booty, Miss Fast, Lady Derby, Coussin, Pique Cire... those work on my legs. Armony, Let Me Tell You, Miss Tack are bad, bad ideas. I look like some sort of cow in them. Sad.

no cankles for Chelley in the loubouts, they were smokin' :woohoo:

I agree about the cut Kett...I think the lower cut looks better on...i dont think the MBBs have made anyone look cankley yet.

I agree Somewhat with you chelley. Thats why i sold my Ronnetts...i felt they made my legs look stumpy from the front because of the ankle strap...and my legs are long. But i Do really like the Deroba in black! But im scared to get them because of the cankle thing!

Hi ladies, I was wondering how comfortable are the loubouts? I'm interested in purchasing a pair. Are they easy to walk in compare to the vp & altadamas? Thanks

Hi rnsmelody! You might want to try a search or posting a new thread for this. :flowers:

There are lots of threads about comfortable styles, but I'm not sure these have been discussed in them.