Fakes on the purse forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
star3777 said:
Well, I decided to do another big picture of all of my bags when I get back to Ca. because I feel mine has to be renewed since the new additions! All the lv's must be redone :lol:

I can't wait, I'm going to need another shock treatment ;) Enjoy the rest of your trip though Star!

Mmm. Doing that would REALLY not be cool.

I LOVE this forum, its so helpful and everyones SO nice! Lets keep it that way, please?

(note to self: take photos of bags and post them!)

Mmm. Doing that would REALLY not be cool.

I LOVE this forum, its so helpful and everyones SO nice! Lets keep it that way, please?

(note to self: take photos of bags and post them!)

Thanks London, well said.

So. Just to clarify. What Minnie is saying is that she thinks that somebody has posted photographs (in the my bags thread) of bags that they don't actually own (ie. they have lifted photos from someplace else and are pretending that they own bags that they really don't own)?
It doesn't seem like that big a deal, though sad, of course, that anybody would feel as though they had to do such a thing. Sad, and not exactly group-spirited, but certainly not criminal. Maybe they have self-esteem issues, or they think that that is the only way that they will be respected and liked (or envied) around here. I find it hard to believe that anybody would bother doing such a thing, however. If so, I feel as though they are more to be pitied than to be chastised.

Melisande, for the sake of tact, I'll just say I know exactly what you're talking about and I STILL think it's dumb.

I guess I don't see any reason a person has to post pictures of their HOME -- a VERY personal space -- just to prove a stupid point to somebody who's doubtful of someone else's honesty. What can I say, I think it takes one to know one.

I guess I don't see this being a big enough deal to make anybody feel bad over.

i agree that it's not criminal or anything.......

i think part of minnie's point (or at least what i take from it) is that although there're thousands of us i feel like we're a relatively close-knit community; we ID each other by each other's posts as well as bag collections, and we trust each other enough to buy each other's bags because there's an element of honesty/respect we expect from each other and posting deceptive images seems to kinda disrespectful to the other members of the forum

i've been kinda embarassed to post my collection (it's tiny i only started collecting towards the end of college and i just graduated) but hopefully one of these days it'll be up for all to see and admire its miniscule glory :shame:

Minnie said:
Plus we should appreciate all the we have , we are alive and healthy and if we could afford even one nice bag that is amazing. There will always be someone that has more than you but people shouldnt concentrate on that. I thiknk Victoria Beckham beats us all. HAHA. But bascially appreciate and love with what you have because its fabulous.

Victoria Beckham AND Jessica Simpson! She seems to have a new bag every week, and they are almost always cute. I will try to post pics of my bags after the blue Paddington and the Edith arrive...they will be the stars of my collection. Can someone please tell me how to watermark a photo?

I totally agree with you IntlSet -- make no mistake. I don't think it's anything to make anybody feel uncomfortable over, and that was supposed to be the main point of my post (I didn't mean to sound as though I was being critical of the poor people who may or may not have lifted photos and posted them)! I never noticed this happening myself (but, once again, I don't take the whole thing very seriously). It's not something that would have occurred to me to notice or to criticize, that's why I was surprised when I read the initial post. The other part of my post referred exactly to what JC said -- that the only thing wrong, in all of it, is the violation of community (that's why I said not very group spirited). At the same time, I always want to believe the best of people, so I was assuming that the whole motivation behind such an act would be an attempt to fit in (?). Anyhow, I don't know. Am not an expert. But definitely was not meaning to criticize anybody at all!

Aww, melisande! I know you weren't. Anyway, I'm not either. I don't mean to sound rude. I guess I'm just a shrugger. I shrug and say, MEH! No big deal, still doesn't ruin my forum spirit! Go Team PurseBlog!

jc2239 said:
i agree that it's not criminal or anything.......

i think part of minnie's point (or at least what i take from it) is that although there're thousands of us i feel like we're a relatively close-knit community; we ID each other by each other's posts as well as bag collections, and we trust each other enough to buy each other's bags because there's an element of honesty/respect we expect from each other and posting deceptive images seems to kinda disrespectful to the other members of the forum

i've been kinda embarassed to post my collection (it's tiny i only started collecting towards the end of college and i just graduated) but hopefully one of these days it'll be up for all to see and admire its miniscule glory :shame:

You are right. I think we have formed bonds and online friendships. Why do people condone lying and deception. I know its not a crime! But why are people okay with others disrespecting them or taking them for a fool.

Pradasmeadow said "You can fool some people But! you cant fool everybody !!" And why do it if people that you want to like you, WON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.