Fakes everywhere...

People who buy fake's are fake themselves! Sounds harsh, but why would someone pay for something that was stolen from an original? I know that not everyone can afford luxury goods, but why bother trying to 'look' like you can afford it? I really feel embarrassed for these people. I would rather buy an item from target than a fake anything. Just my 2 cents....

OMG...!! this thread is sooo funny

-the WORST was when i was actually @ LV in vegas... that's right, AT THE LOUIS VUITTON STORE and some lady and her teenage daughter who had a NASTY mc pochette, and go up to the SA, point at their bag and go "where's the brown one of this??" lol

and... YES, there's an AND -the poor SA shows them the bag, and they ask how much it costs, the SA tells them the price, and all i see is them put down the bag and leave, with a look of disgust on their face

my boyfriend, who didnt see any of this transpire, later comes up to me and tells me about how he overheard a girl telling her mom that she knew where to get 5 lv's for 100 bucks, haha

long story short -BOO fakes!! :P

lmao

I saw a terrible fake last night while out to dinner here in Boston. It was the green graffiti speedy 25, but it had a front pocket similar to the MC speedy. The handles were stark white with green trim. the funniest part of this story was that another patron waiting for a seat noticed this bag, laughed, and said something along the lines of "I've never seen that bag in the LV boutique. I must have been a very special order.":nuts:

This obnoxious girl I work with is always bragging about having the latest IT thing- or at least what SHE thinks is IT :P In she walked last week with a mono speedy with Gold feet on the bottom parading it around and asking everyone if they "just loved" her new "Real" bag. I'm not a snotty person, but I had to bite my tongue SO hard. If she wants to carry around a fake, to each their own I guess.. but don't parade around passing off a screaming fake, for a real LV and be so high and mighty about it.. geez lol.

My co-worker said I should bring in my speedy 35 and point out the differences in our bags.. and that might shut her up lol. Not my thing to make someone feel bad, even if her poor attitude has it coming lol.. but I guess it's her thing to brag and gloat. I see lots of fakes on the subway and all over downtown Toronto, but plenty of real ones too.

When I see a Fake LV I feel sorry for the people more than anything.I cant help but release a slight smile, then turn my head away.I know they will spot my LV and I just think "yeer, have a good look at a REAL one then".
My daughter is getting quite good at spotting and embarasses me sometimes, when she´s saying " mum, mum, look at that womens bag. is that fake ? mum just look at it " I feel bad when she makes me laugh cos the the opposite might take it personaly.I think the worse are the ladies " all dun up " looking the bits. heavy jewellry,make up, clothes, shoes etc all bling bling and looking primm and propper, carrying the most rediculous fake whilst getting into a 600.000,00 € car.
At the end of the day, we can enjoy our authentic luxurys and that´s all that counts.We will not change the corruption and there is no point getting all worked up about it.It´s their loss.

I just love this post! I can very much relate to this. Except it's DH pointing and whispering very loud "Honey is that a fake?" I just smile ;)

You know what though even if we carry real ones to other people due to jealousy or whatever may just want to believe ours are fake to!

So all that matters to me is the simple fact that I know I walked into LV had some champagne, looked around and bought my bag! Thank you very much:P

Last edited:
People who buy fake's are fake themselves! Sounds harsh, but why would someone pay for something that was stolen from an original? I know that not everyone can afford luxury goods, but why bother trying to 'look' like you can afford it? I really feel embarrassed for these people. I would rather buy an item from target than a fake anything. Just my 2 cents....
This is exactly what I think.

I have to admit it bothers me. More and more.
Tonight I saw an ugly NF with thick handles and a metal plate on the front and I suddenly realize why the handles on the NF are thin... That fake was so ugly!

Last edited:
I have a class with this girl who carries a mono Alma, but instead of leather on the bottom it has just the canvas, and 4 plasticy gold feet! I can't help but stare at it. :throwup:

The worst part is that she's incredibly proud of this atrocity, and when she caught me looking at it she moved it closer to me so I could see how terrible looking it was even better. :shrugs: Then she scoffs at me (but I'm the one with the real bag!) and sticks her nose in the air.

I just don't get it. It seems one of the easiest ways to tell a fake one from a real one is how the person holding it behaves. The people with the fakes love love love showing them off, yet us with the real ones never seem to feel it's necessary to shove it in people's faces.

Oh dear, I thought I was the only one who met with that awful experience. I was carrying my Damier Alma and she was carrying the same. I just assumed her Alma was genuine as well until the it caught a shaft of sunlight and I could see the two side panels of her Alma is supported by the faint shapes of 2 A4 size cardboards!!! I think I was staring at that point because she came up to me, glared at me haughtily, glanced at my Alma and made a "tsk tsk tsk" sound (as though I am the one carrying a fake) and she walked off. I was so flabbergasted I did not even react, just stood there like a dumb-dumb!

Ok just yesterday while I was at the supermarket I saw a woman carry a Damier Azur Artsy! At first I thought it was a special order Artsy but from what I know, there had been no production of this kind of bag ever (please correct me if I'm wrong). She was too far so I wasn't able see the details of the bag but it was scary how they got the Azur canvas and the strap right!

And also the other week, I saw a woman carry a fake azur speedy. I knew it was fake because I got the chance to be right beside her in the store we were in and I saw that the handles were made out of rubber with the edges shiny with rubber glue! The funny thing about it was the woman was even carrying it proudly and snootily like it was authentic! Lol! But again it's scary how "real" the azur canvas looked. These counterfeiters are getting better in what they do unfortunately.

Last edited:
This obnoxious girl I work with is always bragging about having the latest IT thing- or at least what SHE thinks is IT :P In she walked last week with a mono speedy with Gold feet on the bottom parading it around and asking everyone if they "just loved" her new "Real" bag. I'm not a snotty person, but I had to bite my tongue SO hard. If she wants to carry around a fake, to each their own I guess.. but don't parade around passing off a screaming fake, for a real LV and be so high and mighty about it.. geez lol.

My co-worker said I should bring in my speedy 35 and point out the differences in our bags.. and that might shut her up lol. Not my thing to make someone feel bad, even if her poor attitude has it coming lol.. but I guess it's her thing to brag and gloat. I see lots of fakes on the subway and all over downtown Toronto, but plenty of real ones too.

You know sometimes, I cannot help but wonder if they do not know their bags are fake. One can buy other designer bags on legitimate third party sites, maybe they believe vuitton is the same way.

Yes; indeed. I've been to Marbella(you have a official LV dealer there) but oh god ...
When it's getting late, around the beach, you just find a lot of fake LV bags (and other brands such as Gucci, Prada, Chanel, ...).

And seriously, sometimes it IS hard to recognize the difference.

I saw THREE just while standing in line last night - a MC Eclipse (with wrong colors, too), a rayon skirt covered in the monogram pattern, and a "I have no idea what it was trying to be" Azur something tote-like with dark "vachetta", the wrong color Azur, studs like on some of the MC bags, and frayed, very yellow stitching.

It was kind of depressing. But then on the way to the car I saw a very definite authentic Eden Speedy in Peach, and it was amazing.

I just love this post! I can very much relate to this. Except it's DH pointing and whispering very loud "Honey is that a fake?" I just smile ;)

You know what though even if we carry real ones to other people due to jealousy or whatever may just want to believe ours are fake to!

So all that matters to me is the simple fact that I know I walked into LV had some champagne, looked around and bought my bag! Thank you very much:P

Love this!!!