Fake Eyelashes

IntlSet said:
I'm taking a test run so I can wear them on a date... but how disasterous if I blinked and one fell into my water glass or something! LOL

LOL. I hope not!

Nah, I wore them twice - once for Halloween and once to a football game (because they were green and the teams color was green). Cute though, but I'm too afraid to wear them on a regular basis. I dont think I would need to anyway.

Has anyone ever heard of getting their eyebrows tattooed on? A few ladies in my old town have done that O_o

Has anyone ever heard of getting their eyebrows tattooed on? A few ladies in my old town have done that O_o[/quote]

Everyone in Asia does it. My sister did it. It doesn't look too good. And the older ladies, their tatoos are turning blue-ish now since the ink is wearing.... not a good look.

I have seen the tatooed make up and I don't care for it. I have seen tatooed eyeliner, but personally I wouldn't risk getting tatooing near my eyes.
Do lash extensions damage your eyelashes at all?

I went to MAC over the weekend and had fake corner lashes put on. They looked great. My makeup artist said it's always better if someone puts in on for you. Goodluck on your date.

abandonedimages said:
Has anyone ever heard of getting their eyebrows tattooed on? A few ladies in my old town have done that O_o
Terrible idea. People's eyebrows naturally thin and turn lighter as they age. This will make them look like freakish old ladies.

My vet had black "eyeliner" tattooed on, and now that she's about 50, it looks heavy and ridiculous. And it's not as if a surgeon is going to laser off a tattoo so close to your eyes. I'd hate to have to look at that in the mirror every day.

I wear them all the time, if you look at my avatar I have on Mink eyelashes from Shu Uemura. I get them as perks from the store because I'm a regular as celebs must pay 1K for a pair (HA!)

The best way to use eyelashes is to start at the outter crease of your lid and work you way in, use lash adhesive instead of the strip. The use a twizer to set them in place.

The second step is to wait til they dry and then use a curler and GENTLY curl them from the lid and work your way out.

The third step is to add some liner, use pencil instead of liquid so it won't chip off. Then add a very light coat of mascara to blend them in with your lashes.

Good luck, the more you practice the better you get. Look at what my Minks look like when my eye's are done

Baggaholic said:
The best way to use eyelashes is to start at the outter crease of your lid and work you way in, use lash adhesive instead of the strip. The use a twizer to set them in place.

The second step is to wait til they dry and then use a curler and GENTLY curl them from the lid and work your way out.

The third step is to add some liner, use pencil instead of liquid so it won't chip off. Then add a very light coat of mascara to blend them in with your lashes.

Good luck, the more you practice the better you get. Look at what my Minks look like when my eye's are done

Thanks, I was hoping to get tips for individual lashes. Do you have experience with those?

I once had a hilarious experience with fake lashes. I got my make-up done for prom at MAC and they put fake lashes on me. (I didn't know I had to pay for them afterwards.) But anyway, as soon as they put them on me, my eyes felt heavier, and the whole time it felt like something was in view, like Ican't see clearly, but it was really just the lashes. I had them on for less than 1 hour, and took them off before I went to prom. , I was carrying my friend's money for her, and when I got to the prom destination she asked me for it. When handed her the money, she said really loudly "Ey, your lash..." Everyone around look at the money and saw the fake lash stuck to the money, including my date! It was really embarrassing because I didn't really know my date that well and he was kind of cute. But I didn't get mad, it was just funny.

jewlzz said:
Everyone around look at the money and saw the fake lash stuck to the money, including my date! It was really embarrassing because I didn't really know my date that well and he was kind of cute. But I didn't get mad, it was just funny.

lol That's really funny! I'm scared of something like this happening. I think if it drops into my waterglass, I would try to drink it before he notices! Or eat it if it falls in my soup! lol

IntlSet said:
Thanks, I was hoping to get tips for individual lashes. Do you have experience with those?
Yes, the trick to the individuals is that you must have a LIQUID eyeliner brush ready (cleaned) and a pea size amount of adhesive on guard! dip the brush in the gule and apply a thin line (of glue) on your lid as you would with the liquid eyeliner, let it dry for about 30 sec. With a twizer grab the lash and dip it in a bit of glue then apply it to YOUR lid where the glue is and hold each hair for about 5 sec work your way in from the outter crease so that it can have an even look. This takes alot of patience so be easy and try not to shake alot. Try it a few times until you get it right, the more practice you have the better you get. OH AND USE CLEAR DRYING ADHESIVE!!!! Also dipping the brush in acetone will remove the glue from the brush. Let me know how it works!

iliabags said:

Everyone in Asia does it. My sister did it. It doesn't look too good. And the older ladies, their tatoos are turning blue-ish now since the ink is wearing.... not a good look.[/QUOTE]

My eyebrows are tattooed, you can't even tell and it didn't hurt, I love it!!!!!

My eyebrows are tattooed, you can't even tell and it didn't hurt, I love it!!!!![/quote]

no, I just reread what I wrote, my sister's looks fine but the older ladies that did it years ago, not so good.

Plus the difference for you Baggaholic is that you did yours here in the States, I am sure it is done MUCH better here than there! For sure! :smile:

Baggaholic said:
Yes, the trick to the individuals is that you must have a LIQUID eyeliner brush ready (cleaned) and a pea size amount of adhesive on guard! dip the brush in the gule and apply a thin line (of glue) on your lid as you would with the liquid eyeliner, let it dry for about 30 sec. With a twizer grab the lash and dip it in a bit of glue then apply it to YOUR lid where the glue is and hold each hair for about 5 sec work your way in from the outter crease so that it can have an even look. This takes alot of patience so be easy and try not to shake alot. Try it a few times until you get it right, the more practice you have the better you get. OH AND USE CLEAR DRYING ADHESIVE!!!! Also dipping the brush in acetone will remove the glue from the brush. Let me know how it works!

Thanks Baggaholic!! :nuts:

I have really really short lashes and have to wear individual lashes when I want to look like I have any.

The key (my make-up artist friend tells me) is to glue longer ones on the outside of the eye and shorter (you can cut them to size) as you go towards the inside. Depending on your eye size, you need 3 or 4 tufts.